SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   IL2 Modifications (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140435)

Raptor1 08-18-08 08:33 AM

I find the mod switcher rather unwieldy (It's just a bunch of self-extracting RARs), just use good old JSGME

Suicide Charlie 08-18-08 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1
I find the mod switcher rather unwieldy (It's just a bunch of self-extracting RARs), just use good old JSGME

Sweet. I was hoping this would work.

Kratos 08-19-08 07:23 AM

Done a dual install for the mods :p these frickin sound mods;) took a spit up in QMB added 4 flights of four blennies ( 1 flight armed) (3 unarmed) for testing purposes, out of the 16 aircraft guess what flight i decided to attack :rotfl: now the sound mod kicks in (bobwovhitsounds) fooooookin-ell . I thought i was in an old metal air-raid shelter and some twuts were throwing rocks at me :lol: had the head-phones on, not thinking how loud the volume was, and when the first shot hit me WHOOAAA what was the ********* was that :up:

Fincuan 08-19-08 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratos
when the first shot hit me WHOOAAA what was the ********* was that :up:

Hahaha :rotfl:

That's exactly what happened to me yesterday. I threw in the Bob hit sounds right before the evening's sorties, and on the seconds sortie an AI Hurri jumped me when I was engaging another Hurri. Concentrate, concentrate, aim carefully WOOOW, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! :lol:

That is one awesome sound!

joea 08-19-08 08:54 AM

I must be the only one who hasn't even tried the mods.

The whole sound mod thing left me a bit sceptical cause it apparenlt doesn't really give you feedback on the state of your motor and it doesn't "sound" very realstic from what I have been reading...I mean in a cockpit with a headset even getting hit would not be that loud as much as the vibration I suppose.

XabbaRus 08-19-08 09:23 AM

The guys have a Beaufighter XI, must play that.

Dowly 08-19-08 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joea
I must be the only one who hasn't even tried the mods.

The whole sound mod thing left me a bit sceptical cause it apparenlt doesn't really give you feedback on the state of your motor and it doesn't "sound" very realstic from what I have been reading...I mean in a cockpit with a headset even getting hit would not be that loud as much as the vibration I suppose.

Which version you tried? The soundmod is up to ver0.93 atm and you can install the SFX0.6 mod on top of it. Your engine gives a pretty recognisable "ticking" sound when it's damaged.

As for the realism, I honestly cant think of what the frack you've installed to say that! :D

The usual planes I fly (109, 190, Zero) sound pretty much identical to the vids I've seen/heard.

Schroeder 08-19-08 11:11 AM

Quote:

Well, how realistic is the stock sound?;):know:
I don't want to fly without the new sounds any more (although I'm using a pretty old mod). I was so fed up with flying lawn mowers and having weapons that sound like toy guns (especially the .50 cal was a bad joke).:nope:

BTW pilots could hear when they have been hit from what I know.

Kptlt. Neuerburg 08-19-08 01:31 PM

Does anyone that uses the sound mod and has the 4.09b patch for IL-2 1946 and doesn't have any problems? Or can someone with some modding experince make a version of it that will work correctly with 4.09?

HunterICX 08-19-08 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg
Does anyone that uses the sound mod and has the 4.09b patch for IL-2 1946 and doesn't have any problems? Or can someone with some modding experince make a version of it that will work correctly with 4.09?

these kind of requests should be asked over at the forum where you got the mods from.

HunterICX

joea 08-20-08 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder
Well, how realistic is the stock sound?;):know:
I don't want to fly without the new sounds any more (although I'm using a pretty old mod). I was so fed up with flying lawn mowers and having weapons that sound like toy guns (especially the .50 cal was a bad joke).:nope:

BTW pilots could hear when they have been hit from what I know.

Never said stock was realistic, except for the feedback on the state of your motor. Does the sound mod do that?

Task Force 08-20-08 01:10 PM

The stock motor sounds sounded like someone cutting there grass. I wonder why they havent tryed to get the sounds right yet?:hmm:

joea 08-20-08 02:14 PM

Since no one understand what I mean, let me repeat does the sound mod let you know when your engine is damaged, overheated overrevved etc???

Dowly 08-20-08 02:36 PM

Quote:

Since no one understand what I mean, let me repeat does the sound mod let you know when your engine is damaged, overheated overrevved etc???

Yes, the 0.93 version I have gives pretty loud "ticking" sound when your engine is damaged.

Dowly 08-20-08 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force
The stock motor sounds sounded like someone cutting there grass. I wonder why they havent tryed to get the sounds right yet?:hmm:

IIRC, I read from somewhere that Oleg didnt want to "borrow" any sounds, but make them from scratch. Tho, I still dont get how he could've focked up the Daimler-Benz which had very distinctive 'whine' to it on high RPM's.