SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   March 2012 New Member Sign Up (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193093)

u crank 03-14-12 06:29 PM

Welcome to Subsim Rom and FRANZ.

:salute::salute:

The Dark Wolf 03-14-12 06:31 PM

Hello all

I'm The Dark Wolf and have been playing SH3 GWX 3.0 for about two years now, tried SH4 but prefer the Atlantic.

I saw subsim mentioned during an internet search for "U-boat.net"

I have experienced a problem lately with Disappearing deck gun ammo!

and really need some help with this one.

I downloaded the mods "All weather Guns" and "Extra Ammo" and now I have NO ammo for my deck gun!

It shows on the screen, but when I go to use the gun it says "We have no ammunition"

After install of the mods I got the message "Read me file has been overwritten"

I have not been able to figure out how to get my ammo back! What file determines deck gun ammo?

I am using SH3 GWX3.0

Thanks for any help and happy hunting!

Reece 03-14-12 06:33 PM

Greetings The Dark Wolf, welcome to Subsim!:yep:

u crank 03-14-12 06:41 PM

Welcome to Subsim Dark Wolf. :salute:

Herr-Berbunch 03-14-12 07:17 PM

Welcome aboard :salute:

Regarding ammo problem you're best posting that question in the relevant forum - ah, I see you have. :D

BossMark 03-15-12 06:03 AM

Welcome aboard The Dark Wolf :salute::salute:

Jimbuna 03-15-12 07:08 AM

Welcome Rom and Franz :sunny:

Jimbuna 03-15-12 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf (Post 1855268)
I'm The Dark Wolf and have been playing SH3 GWX 3.0 for about two years now, tried SH4 but prefer the Atlantic.

I saw subsim mentioned during an internet search for "U-boat.net"

I have experienced a problem lately with Disappearing deck gun ammo!

and really need some help with this one.

I downloaded the mods "All weather Guns" and "Extra Ammo" and now I have NO ammo for my deck gun!

It shows on the screen, but when I go to use the gun it says "We have no ammunition"

After install of the mods I got the message "Read me file has been overwritten"

I have not been able to figure out how to get my ammo back! What file determines deck gun ammo?

I am using SH3 GWX3.0

Thanks for any help and happy hunting!

Welcome...as per my responses to your PM's

You state clicking on the shell icon makes no difference.

Uninstall the mods and see if the ammo level returns.

Have you unzipped the mod into your MODS folder?

The file in question is data/Cfg/Basic but I wouldn't advise you alter any settings unless your confident of what your doing.

Without the ammo mod installed in stock game your relevent lines should read:

[AMMO_TYPE0];10.5cm SK C/32
Idx=0
Year=1939
Month=1
AP=40
HE=60
SS=20
Renown=0

[AMMO_TYPE1];8.8cm SK C/35
Idx=1
Year=1939
Month=1
AP=40
HE=160
SS=40
Renown=0

In GWX with the mod enabled:

[AMMO_TYPE0];10.5cm SK C/32
Idx=0
Year=1939
Month=1
;AP=40
;HE=250
;SS=20
AP=0
HE=250
SS=0
Renown=0
[AMMO_TYPE1];8.8cm SK C/35
Idx=1
Year=1939
Month=1
;AP=40
;HE=250
;SS=40
AP=0
HE=250
SS=0
Renown=0

hansgruber 03-16-12 06:40 AM

Greetings Kaluens,

I'm just a sub fan into Alan Rickman. I've been playing SH3 on and off since release mainly with the GW mod. I like to keep it real so try to never use time compression. It takes me a few years to finish a campaign.

Recently purchased SH4 after discovering it had a u-boat expansion. Guess I like type VII and the II's mainly. But all subs are ace in my book.

Avoided sh5 initially and thought it was best forgotten about but reading through the forums recently has made me very excited about it.

I love the dedication that the modding teams have and and really looking forward to checking out the mods available for both sh4 and 5.

I'm an avid reader and have read a few u-boat bios after getting into sh3. I also like checking out that awesome uboat website which gives a detailed history of all the u-boats.

Finally, I love lurking in the subsim message boards and think you guys are all awesome.

All the best,

Hans Gruber

Jimbuna 03-16-12 07:05 AM

Welcome Aboard Hans http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...es/welcome.gif

rhohltjr 03-16-12 07:12 AM

Not sure why I am required to do this but...

While downloading some new stuff for my SHIV, I apparently went over the download limit and have been told to report here to spew verbage to become a captain. :haha: I admit I don't post on a regular basis but I'm not a fresh boot like this system thinks. Lets see. I have posted in the past about how my game crashes a lot starting about 1943 in Gato class boats, but that may have never been resolved. My workaround is to start a new game in 1944 with a different class boat. I have used a lot of Websters mods in the past as they seem to be what I want and don't crash too often. :rock:

So off to wait a day so I can download some more (new)stuff.
RHJ

u crank 03-16-12 03:21 PM

Welcome to Subsim hansgruber and hi to rhohltjr.

:salute::salute:

The Dark Wolf 03-16-12 08:41 PM

No Ammo Problem solved

Just wanted to thank jimbuna for all his help. I'm in AL27 with 6 kills on this patrol so far!

Happy Hunting to all!

The Dark Wolf 03-16-12 08:45 PM

Welcome rhohltjr! Yes I remember that sim: and also have "Aces of the Deep":salute:

Queryc 03-17-12 04:45 PM

Hello All

I have never posted on the forum but have been playing Silent Hunter 1 through 5 for a long time. Five is a challange and does crash a bit for me but I enjoy it anyway. Thanks for all the help on the forums. I do read them and I figgered I would let all know how I feel about the game.