SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Let's discuss how America is better than all of the other countries in the world. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177807)

I-25 12-08-10 04:18 PM

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Page...best-korea.jpg

longam 12-08-10 04:52 PM

Its amazing how many world economy's go down when ours tanks out.

Krauter 12-08-10 04:56 PM

It just proves how everything is interconnected.

Sorry for my french education but I'm not sure what the english term is,

but Mondialisation I believe is the right term for this no?

Growler 12-08-10 04:58 PM

Globalization is the word, Krauter. :)

Krauter 12-08-10 04:59 PM

Ahh thank you :) That's the one problem with an education in another language :( I know what I want to say, just can't vocalize it :DL

Growler 12-08-10 05:00 PM

You did fine, my friend.

Krauter 12-08-10 05:02 PM

To try and get back on track (sort-of)

What do you think the emerging super powers of China and India will do to the U.S?

Obviously I don't think that they'll be overcoming them in the military sector? But in others such as politically, culturally and economically, how do you think they'll affect the U.S in the next few years/decade?

ETR3(SS) 12-08-10 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solace (Post 1549652)
What do you think of how America is a hegemony?

If you want to discuss how America is better than all of the other countries in the world, shouldn't you involve yourself in the discussion that you started?

Krauter 12-08-10 05:51 PM

I believe he's sitting in a corner trying to decide how to come up with another useless poll.

Either that, or SubSims shown its remarkable ability to get rid of trolls :DL

ETR3(SS) 12-08-10 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krauter (Post 1549883)
I believe he's sitting in a corner trying to decide how to come up with another useless poll.

Either that, or SubSims shown its remarkable ability to get rid of trolls :DL

I prefer a more direct approach at the door, but hey if it works. Besides I'm sure it takes time to write and copy/paste the same thing to 2 dozen forums.

Krauter 12-08-10 05:58 PM

It's also probably a nuisance he's not an admin here too. Kind of hard to enforce your opinion when you have no authority

Solace 12-08-10 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1549729)
One can be proud of their homeland, but the idea of American Exceptionalism, and the idea that we're the best ever at everything, is stunningly arrogant, ignorant, conceited and self important. To think that one is above any sort of criticism, and to discount the notion that others may have a better way to do things is foolish.

Americans should cherish their culture, the ideals we strive for and the good aspects of our country. The opportunities available, the progress we've made and our values our country holds dear. But we should not lose sight of the fact that we have many flaws and foibles, we have dark times in our history, and have been flat out wrong at times. To say so is not unpatriotic. To say so is being a rational adult who sees the world as it is, instead of some imagined storyland place. To ignore reality in favor of some imagined idea of American Exceptionalism is foolish and a danger to our country.

That being said, I think the proclamations of America's decline are very, very overblown. If there's one thing history's taught, it's to never underestimate the United States.

You do realize that like 80-95% of Americans believe that America is better than all of the other countries in the world, right?

Solace 12-08-10 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 1549885)
I prefer a more direct approach at the door, but hey if it works. Besides I'm sure it takes time to write and copy/paste the same thing to 2 dozen forums.

206 actually.

Takeda Shingen 12-08-10 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solace (Post 1549891)
You do realize that like 80-95% of Americans believe that America is better than all of the other countries in the world, right?

Link?

Skybird 12-08-10 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solace (Post 1549891)

And do you realise that US-Americans form only 4.5% of world population? ;)