SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   DCS Black Shark (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=148384)

Raptor1 05-25-10 04:17 AM

Good, costs much less than in the official site so I probably won't have to test my patience and only buy it next week.

All depending on when I get me new joystick, of course.

Arclight 05-25-10 05:15 AM

Yeah, bought it on D2D. ED doesn't do PayPal I think, and I thought I'd never see a boxed copy here, considering it's mostly focused on consoles, and even the local PC shop were I get most of my boxed games over the counter has a sometimes poor selection.

Imagine my surprise when I saw they had a (exactly 1) copy of BlackShark in stock. Too bad for them I already had it, and quite a bit cheaper. :lol:

*Sigh* wish the Euro was still as strong as back then. :(

HunterICX 05-25-10 05:53 AM

I can get a hard copy of DCS Blackshark at the local game shop for 36,95€

not really into Helo combat, but the game looks interesting thought.
would probally also need Track IR to enjoy it more.

HunterICX

Dowly 05-25-10 05:55 AM

Aye, TIR helps a lot with the cramped cockpit. Dont know if you can lean forwards without TIR but the armor plates on the doors can really block your visual to your sides.

Arclight 05-25-10 06:00 AM

Yeah, mapped forward/backward camera to slider. Helps to look over the nose for low targets and during landing, and can see more to the side. Could map another slider for side-to-side, but no more available.

Maybe wait for A-10, if you don't like helos. The fidelity in simulation and detail on the models is just fantastic, really is the sim of my dreams since I first saw Longbow.

Lionclaw 05-25-10 06:06 AM

Hmm, have to look that up, I have the only slider as the throttle.

Arclight 05-25-10 06:25 AM

Rctrl+Rshift+numpad "directions" to shift viewpoint. Return to center as normal. You can alter the default viewpoint, but don't know how to do that exactly.

Right, starting a game in a sec. Server = Arc-BlackShark Pass = subsim.

No requirements or expectations on skill-levels. :)

Task Force 05-25-10 06:50 AM

cool, so, whats the IP? I can fly today, I stayed home. (yay for feeling abit under the weather)

Task Force 05-25-10 01:16 PM

That was alot of fun... just wish autostart had worked the whole game.

Dowly 05-25-10 01:25 PM

Yeh it was a fun game. :up:

@Arc

Maybe add enemy ships to the next mission? :hmmm:

EDIT: Ow and for those who didn't know, a track off the MP game is stored in ka-50/temp folder. Just sort them by modified and the last one named clientsoemthing is the track. Don't know how they are deleted (if they are) so you might want to copy the track file to the ka-50/missions/tracks folder for safe keeping.

Arclight 05-25-10 01:59 PM

Fun, yes. But ain't it a BITCH? :D

First time in a KA-50 at "simulator" setting is more painfull than repeatedly banging your head against the wall, while suffering the worst hangover EVAH! :damn: :dead:

Gonna take some time to construct some usefull reading, first of all on manual start, and going into targeting after that. Some pointers on general flying, such as "so how the hell does the trimmer work" and "autopilot functions 101", would be in order as well, but the autopliot is so deeply integrated in the Sharks systems, that it really is a very complex beast to pick apart, let alone explain (seriously; engine start and weapon deployment are easy compared to that).

Lionclaw is pitching in as well, which is much appreciated... huh, more like needed.

Dowly 05-25-10 02:07 PM

Manual start = Look at the buttons for awhile, hit lwin+Home and go make coffee

Everyone know's how to shoot, right?

So, you can go straight to the trimming part. :O:

SgtPotato 05-25-10 02:13 PM

I don't know how to shoot. :oops:

Anyway, I can't change my controls because I kept getting errors after I installed the 1.0.2 patch.

Arclight 05-25-10 02:16 PM

Turns out auto-sequence can be buggy. For instance, 1 engine failed to start. Now What? :doh:

Well? :DL
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPotato (Post 1402973)
I don't know how to shoot. :oops:

Anyway, I can't change my controls because I kept getting errors after I installed the 1.0.2 patch.

Suggest a fresh install and patch directly to 1.2. ED keeps reworking the engine quite substantially, think they're testing methods for the new engine.

Dowly 05-25-10 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclight (Post 1402974)
Turns out auto-sequence can be buggy. For instance, 1 engine failed to start. Now What? :doh:

Well? :DL

Keep your fricking hands off of any buttons while the auto-sequence is going. :DL