SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] silentmichal's new interior mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=200862)

Ashikaga 02-20-19 08:53 AM

Yes but it still has issues with various other mods afaik

Sjizzle 02-20-19 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2592731)
Yes but it still has issues with various other mods afaik

if use TWoS and this addon and the other addos provided by Vecko when u install TWoS there is no conflicts... but if use TWoS and a bunch of non sens addons then yea u will have issues with the game stability and game play....

Ashikaga 02-20-19 06:56 PM

I think it clashed with my rusted glory mod. Unsure.

vdr1981 02-21-19 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2592745)
if use TWoS and this addon and the other addos provided by Vecko when u install TWoS there is no conflicts... but if use TWoS and a bunch of non sens addons then yea u will have issues with the game stability and game play....

:up::salute:

Aktungbby 11-20-19 03:25 AM

welcome aboard!

kaimichel!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 11-20-19 05:42 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > kaimichel
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Ashikaga 09-23-20 03:03 PM

I have no nonsense add ons. In game now so will give you a pic of the mod list later.

Question, since you made this great mod, which *.dds files should I edit/can I edit to make parts of the interior colours look more historically accurate? (Off white walls, pipes et cetera)

Best wishes,

OLtzS Ashikaga

silentmichal 09-23-20 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2696986)
Question, since you made this great mod, which *.dds files should I edit/can I edit to make parts of the interior colours look more historically accurate? (Off white walls, pipes et cetera)

Hi!

I can't give you exact names as I haven't been modding SH5 for a very long time now. However I can give you a list of textures used by Command Room and Quarter Room (1) rooms. Here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UMN...ew?usp=sharing

Some names may occur more than once, sorry for that.

I marked some textures with green dots - I think these might have something to do with walls, pipes, etc. but that's just my guessing.
You can virtually skip textures with _N in their names at the beginning - these are normal (height) maps and they don't represent a colour of a given part/object. Of course, later on it's reasonable to change them as well during the whole texture modding process (using for eg xNormal app for baking such maps).
I extracted these names using TDW's GR2EditorViewer app. If you want to do something bigger with 3D modding, I highly suggest checking it out :).

Greetings,
Mike

Ashikaga 09-25-20 01:38 PM

SUPERTOLL!

THANK YOU MIKE!!

OLtzS Ashikaga

Mad Mardigan 09-25-20 03:45 PM

Re: interior mod SH5..

Hey, just came across this & would like some more info about the mod.

To begin with, which would be the one to grab, as it were, to activate with SH5..?? The v1.24 or 1.24b..?

Secondly, is the mod, compatible if you are running SH5 with TWoS mega mod..?

Am hoping it is compatible with that mega mod...

Like the look of it, from watching the vid clip that is hot linked for it on the 1st page...

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

silentmichal 09-25-20 05:18 PM

Hi!

You should activate both 1.2.4 and 1.2.4b (first to activate is 1.2.4, after that --> go with 1.2.4b).
1.2.4b is a hotfix, that means it requires 1.2.4 to work at all.

By the way - isn't my mod a part of TWoS anyway? I can see it on the "Mods and tweaks included in" list. What's more, some modders dealt with bugs connected with it, for eg: v2.2.3 TWoS changelog // (...) "Room_QR1_silentmichal.sim, missing controllers fix".

Version 1.2.4 doesn't contain command room's food as it was killing the performance. You can still download 1.2.3 nevertheless if you want (it has all the food, though it's not linked to the fuel if I remember it correctly).

Anyway - as I mentioned before, this mod is quite old and it may introduce some weird bugs as I wasn't very heedful back then and I could've introduced quite a few.

Greetings!
Mike

Mad Mardigan 09-25-20 09:30 PM

Re: interior mod SH5... part deux...

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 2697371)
Hi!

You should activate both 1.2.4 and 1.2.4b (first to activate is 1.2.4, after that --> go with 1.2.4b).
1.2.4b is a hotfix, that means it requires 1.2.4 to work at all.

By the way - isn't my mod a part of TWoS anyway? I can see it on the "Mods and tweaks included in" list. What's more, some modders dealt with bugs connected with it, for eg: v2.2.3 TWoS changelog // (...) "Room_QR1_silentmichal.sim, missing controllers fix".

Version 1.2.4 doesn't contain command room's food as it was killing the performance. You can still download 1.2.3 nevertheless if you want (it has all the food, though it's not linked to the fuel if I remember it correctly).

Anyway - as I mentioned before, this mod is quite old and it may introduce some weird bugs as I wasn't very heedful back then and I could've introduced quite a few.

Greetings!
Mike

Will go back & look through the folder for TWoS & see if it is.. to be frank, it was a bit back when I initially grabbed the mega mod... and it may or may not be in there.. as I said, I will check.

If not then I'll know to grab both 1.24 & 1.24b & to activate in that order.

Thanks for the answer back on the question...

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 09-26-20 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 2697371)

Mike

It is, and it works flawlessly for a long time now...:yep: :up: There's even an optional addon for food diminishing over time. :salute:

silentmichal 09-27-20 12:29 PM

That's very nice to know :)
I guess your message will be informative for many people coming across this mod page :up:

Ashikaga 09-27-20 08:11 PM

Mike, this is my present mod list.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pic...ictureid=11522

(so you see Sjizzle, no weird and useless addons!)

The problem I have at the moment is that I would like to use the dim lighting of Rusted Glory Mod (lights only version) but that specific mod has a comment it does not work with your interior so I need to start changing the light maps and interior colours myself probably.

Having seen a few more wartime German videos it was clear that this weird Ivory color was used almost throughout the entire submarine, even on the bulkheads and most of the pipes. Not sure ahen I will get round to changing things but I love your way more accurate interior and use the dining room place as well as the bed quite often when playing in realtime, 8hrs on, 8 hrs off. (Lockdown fun).

Best wishes,

OltzS Ashikaga