SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Elder Scrolls V in the works - direct sequel to Oblivion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177327)

Spike88 11-19-11 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen (Post 1790568)
I ran across an enchanted dagger with soul trap. I use it dual wielded with Dawnbreaker in tandem with Azura's Star and it is just about the handiest thing ever.

Dawn breaker is the weapon you get from Meridia?

Edit: Just took my nerdyness to a whole new level. I named my enchated axe and sword, Abyssal Inferno and Celestial Frost, respectively. :oops:

I now need to find an enchantment worth putting on my bow.

soopaman2 11-19-11 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewcifer (Post 1790579)
Azuras star sucks, now if you corrupt it into the black star... then it is awesome. I've used it to make the best gear in the game!! And its so simply to refill with black souls since all human souls are GRAND in level.

Honestly Azuras star was one of the best Daedric artifacts in all the games. I like how they gave 2 forms of it in this one.

On a more personal note.
I just 3/4 killed a dragon then went indoors when it flew off. So mad, I put my best arrows into that thing.

I ended up sucking up its life force when the Windhelm guards killed it (I guess, I was talking to Ulfric as it happened) I guess finding its bones and scales are out of the question. I swept the outskirts and see no carcass.

I really wanted its scales and bones.:O:

Spike88 11-19-11 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopaman2 (Post 1790589)
I really wanted its scales and bones.:O:

Don't worry, you'll acquire a lot of them.

Drewcifer 11-19-11 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike88 (Post 1790616)
Don't worry, you'll acquire a lot of them.

Understatement of the year! lol... do the math infinite dragons... I have chests and chests of dragon bones and scales. Actually a nice thing to keep around as they net you alot of money if you sell them... or I guess if your into smithing, which I'm not, not with this character anyways.

Takeda Shingen 11-19-11 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike88 (Post 1790582)
Dawn breaker is the weapon you get from Meridia?

Yep. I won't spoil how I came upon the quest, but it was beautifully organic, as are so many of the other quest discoveries in the game. Anyway, Dawnbreaker deals fire damage, and against the undead has a chance to unleash a very powerful AoE attack that sends the those undead either fleeing out of fear or lying dead on the ground.

Spike88 11-19-11 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen (Post 1790637)
Yep. I won't spoil how I came upon the quest, but it was beautifully organic, as are so many of the other quest discoveries in the game. Anyway, Dawnbreaker deals fire damage, and against the undead has a chance to unleash a very powerful AoE attack that sends the those undead either fleeing out of fear or lying dead on the ground.

I had found her shrine earlier and that's how I started the quest.

I need the final piece of Gauldur's amulet, but the Saarthal Excavation site is locked, and there is no one around. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get in?

Raptor1 11-19-11 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike88 (Post 1790651)
I need the final piece of Gauldur's amulet, but the Saarthal Excavation site is locked, and there is no one around. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get in?

You get it in one of the first quests for the Winterhold College.

Spike88 11-19-11 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1 (Post 1790666)
You get it in one of the first quests for the Winterhold College.

That's troublesome, I'm not a wizard.

Drewcifer 11-19-11 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike88 (Post 1790651)
I had found her shrine earlier and that's how I started the quest.

Yeah I'm not sure if there is another way as once I got my bearings I headed straight for the college... being the magic type and all.

Drewcifer 11-19-11 10:34 PM

Just wondering what you guys all think is the most 'entertaining' way to play Skyrim there is literally so many ways to play it and every quest can be completed in such a variety of ways.

Since Morrowind I have always made a Breton Mage, for a few reasons, I'm not a damn elf, and I always prefer to be some icon of power instead of a pointy stick wielding butcher, or a shadow skulking murderer or of course the half breed part magic part steel can do it all but just not as good. How do you play and why do you enjoy that playstyle over the others?

mookiemookie 11-19-11 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopaman2 (Post 1790533)
Great observation, I remember that now that you mentioned it. (good brain on ya sir) Seems bethesda is not afraid of inside jokes and fan-service.:)

They are indeed. I just ran into M'aiq the Liar.

Dowly 11-19-11 10:43 PM

Played the first 40 hours or so as a Imperial warrior, reached lvl 34 IIRC, but that
got kinda boring so went back to my old ways and re-rolled a Nord archer/sneaky character.

So far have tried to keep on the good side of things, which is hard as hell as
I always played evil character in Oblivion. And granted, I may have killed few
people that may or may have not deserved it. :hmmm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1790700)
They are indeed. I just ran into M'aiq the Liar.

Just ran into him few hours back too.

"Skyrim was once the land of many butterflies, Now not so much."
:rotfl2:

kiwi_2005 11-20-11 12:40 AM

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/B...vailable_Books

MS Excel sheet of skyrim books (updated to latest wiki) taken from ^ site. Zip contains Excel sheet & screen shots of full sheet (7 parts) so you can print out and hang on the walk if keen then add & tick of the books when you find them like a skyrim librarian pro.

(thx to Dowly for the idea)

Skyrim books chart/excel sheet
http://www.mediafire.com/?2092jugz56lbek7

http://i41.tinypic.com/24lucyx.jpg

Arclight 11-20-11 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewcifer (Post 1790699)
Just wondering what you guys all think is the most 'entertaining' way to play Skyrim ...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...reenShot02.jpg

Pretty much covers it.

TteFAboB 11-20-11 09:42 AM

Well I'm pissed.

You can't drop gold coins...

I'm playing a kleptomaniac thief who planned to turn his house into Scrooge McDuck's vault, covering the floor and filling entire rooms to the waist with gold coins, gems, gold and silver ingots and anything else that looked pretty and expensive.

But coins are the base of it. And you can't drop them. So I'm screwed.

What's the point of amassing 50k if you can't drop it all over the floor?!