SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   New TWoS v2.2 Installer (testers needed+Steam) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236582)

vdr1981 10-02-18 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2570988)
D/l'ed, installed... followed instructions for it, and when I go to run it after everything is said & done... I see ubi load, mod load screen... then it goes to black screen.... an I sit there & wait... an wait... an wait... I waited up to 10+ minutes... check task master, an it shows sh5 as locked up, not doing anything. I am just about to the point of saying heck with it, dumping sh5 completely & not even trying any further.

Just for clarification, before this, I had TWoS ver. 2.2.5, I believe it was, installed with following TheBerbster's walkthrough, and it worked. When I found out about the update to 2.2.7, I though ok, great.... I d/l'ed & went with the updater 2.2.X to 2.2.7 deal... an ran into issues with that, same issues as with the 2.2.7 steam install standalone version... and now, it is unplayable.

I am about @ my wits end....

You should never see "ubi loading" screen if the mod has been installed according instructions. I guess you've messed up something there...:yep:
Cheers.

JANGO_0088 10-02-18 03:50 AM

Hi, I have steam. Installed v2.2.7 full and works fine, but the subsystem screen is in German. It is normal?

vdr1981 10-02-18 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dentrodelbote (Post 2571015)
Hi, I have steam. Installed v2.2.7 full and works fine, but the subsystem screen is in German. It is normal?

yes

Mad Mardigan 10-02-18 08:12 PM

Like Meccup, running into the same thing... *update*

Just to clarify, when I initially posted, had been up for a good while... so when I said in it, of seeing the Ubi load screen.. I misspoke... for that, my apologies... I was tired, upset & majorly frustrated... any way...

That said...

What is that expression about 3 times & all...?? I digress..

After deleting & ensuring that any & all files, folders, etc. associated with or for SH5 were indeed finito, CCleaner ran, I then proceeded to re go back through d/l & install of SH5, ran it, shut it down, then went through the install process of TWoS 2.2.7, I can finally say that I got it to run & work as it should... :)

3rd time around...

That is all...

kylania 10-16-18 08:22 PM

Thanks so much for this!

Just was able to install via Steam and install this mod pack in just a few minutes!

Only problem I had was I needed to exit/finish the install and start the Generic Patcher later since the SH5.exe was still open by the Steam Converter apparently.

Otherwise it was smooth sailing! Thanks!

Redwake 10-17-18 11:50 PM

im having no luck with this at all. iv followed the steps in the pdf and so far nothing happens i still get the stock game. and to top it off i cant get it to run as admin nor check off the read only button. kinda at wits end with the damn game and mod.

vdr1981 10-18-18 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania (Post 2572847)
Thanks so much for this!

Just was able to install via Steam and install this mod pack in just a few minutes!

Only problem I had was I needed to exit/finish the install and start the Generic Patcher later since the SH5.exe was still open by the Steam Converter apparently.

Otherwise it was smooth sailing! Thanks!

:salute:

Nicolas 10-25-18 08:52 PM

Installed the latest version, very polished! no problems at all.
Good job!.

no steam version.

Nicolas 10-25-18 08:56 PM

One question does this mod help with performance with a mid range pc? i get horrible fps around kiel and other ports.

sobers OH2.5 Kiel Lite mod V4 SH5

Or is going to mess the install?

Steve Gad 01-02-19 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2541041)

I have uploaded new TWoS v2.2 installer to be tested primarily with the Steam version of the game. /SNIP/

I can feel a little wee dribbling down my leg as I download this. A little late (2019) but I've only just returned from a very long SHIII GWX mission. My beard is to my knees. :-) :Kaleun_Salute:

Piction 04-04-19 12:08 AM

I dont understand what im looking at here

im really bad at mods and im confused. because it looks like its just the same way to install as the original game.

Aktungbby 04-04-19 01:21 AM

welcome aboard!

Piction!:Kaleun_Salute:

hauangua 04-04-19 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piction (Post 2601220)
im really bad at mods and im confused. because it looks like its just the same way to install as the original game.

Dvd or steam download?

Piction 04-04-19 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2601231)
Dvd or steam download?

Steam

tomandre81 04-04-19 02:30 PM

Re:

Thanks a lot for this! Reading about the tWoS mod made me buy Silent Hunter 5.
I have played it a few days now and I must say I enjoy it. Though there are ofcourse still some bugs here and there. But nothing game breaking.

But I wonder if someone else has same graphical glitches like me: A few times I see some black smoke dots far away on the ocean. They disappear and re-appear sometimes.
It's somewhat immersive breaking for me.

I also wonders what the tWoS haven't fixed that I could get with a mod using the JSGME.

The_Hunter 09-23-19 03:04 PM

Steam Issues

So I installed SH5 for the third time this week with the TWOS mod and latest update file. I followed all instructions very intensely. I was very happy to finally see it all work after battling to get it right. I played for about two hours, enjoyed the game and was very much looking forward to playing it again tonight.

Sadly when I got in and tried loading the game it failed. I then investigated the sh5.exe file to see steam had somehow decided to rename it and it was whited out. I restarted Steam which then proceeded to get a 500MB update.The game then loaded back up, initially with the TWOS graphic but without the black 5 min pause screen. Instead when the in-game menu appeared it was the standard menu.

So I am now re-installing for a 4th time. I have looked at all Steam options to try avoid any conflicts from within Steam itself.

I’m pretty eager to get this game to work with some stability as I would like to delve deeper into TWOS. So would really appreciate some solid advice.

Thanks in advance

Heinz Von Hunter

propbeanie 09-23-19 03:43 PM

One thing I did with my Steam SH5 install was immediately after I got it installed and let Steam do any updates, I copied all of the files inside the SH5 folder and pasted them into a new folder that I named "TWoS", since I was going to install the mod in that copy. I then added the SH5.exe to the Steam Start menu (and changed the shortcut's name to "TWoS") so that it would update its "license" via Steam when I played. I then did my TWoS install.

So I ended up with
"C:\Games / Steam / SteamApps / common / Silent Hunter 5 /"
and
"C:\Games / Steam / SteamApps / common / TWoS /"
both with identical files, until the TWoS installation is performed in the TWoS folder copy... :salute:

The_Hunter 09-23-19 05:07 PM

Steam Issues

I’m going to make a copy of the Silent Hunter 5 Folder and rename it TWOS along with the sh5.exe in that specific folder which ill rename twos.exe. Hopefully that way steam can mess with the sh5.exe but won’t notice the other twos.exe in the other folder.

After reading other posts here on Subsim the developer of TWOS seems very helpful and has gone to extreme lengths to get this to work right, so I can only imagine it's an issue with Steam.

Heinz Von Hunter

THEBERBSTER 09-23-19 05:39 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > The_Hunter
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

propbeanie 09-23-19 09:06 PM

Well The_Hunter, I left the SH5.exe file alone. I renamed the short-cut for it on the Steam Start menu is all I re-named... what you're planning might work, although I'm not sure the Steam security will like it... :hmmm: :salute: