SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Charts Addon (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=197685)

ninja turtle 01-22-13 05:51 AM

I'll retry once I'm home. I appreciate your help and patience. Fingers crossed

sublynx 01-22-13 07:09 AM

I think that this has demanded more patience from you than me as I don't need to do all that installing, uninstalling, loading, waiting, hoping and nope, it didn't work this time either routine :salute:

But I accept the thanks and thank you likewise - without your patience these faults would never have been noticed and corrected. Let's hope it works for you this time :) There's no guarantees, because of the nature of this mod is such that only by manually editing menu_1072_768.ini one can feel reasonably sure it'll work.

ninja turtle 01-22-13 11:59 AM

Well I've tried it a number of ways and still no luck. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I have to admit defeat! That sucks as I'm a stubborn s.o.b. :D As you asked earlier I have tried it with only GWX and MaGui F and also with only GWX. Other mods seem to work so I'm at least doing something right. I'll perhaps let someone with good IT knowledge who has the game within Steam in Subsim and hopefully they can point me in the right direction :Kaleun_Binocular:

Thank you for helping out with this rather frustrating puzzle. Time to sink some ships I guess :Kaleun_Salute:

All the best sublynx and happy hunting :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

sublynx 01-22-13 02:57 PM

Still not working. Well that's a disappointment :wah: after all this trouble hunting. Let me know if you decide to install the mod manually and I'll help you through it, if need be.

If someone has succeeded in installing the mod with JSGME, please let me know. I only know of people who have modded it in manually.

ninja turtle 01-22-13 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublynx (Post 1997333)
Let me know if you decide to install the mod manually and I'll help you through it, if need be.

That would be very helpful if you could perhaps give a step by step guide; I hope having a steam installation will not be a problem?

As I say I'm a stubborn chap (a bit like a biting dog that just won't let go) so to finally succeed would be cool. Incidentally it would appear that the other mods I've recently installed are working fine so small mercies.

Robin40 01-23-13 05:31 AM

At last I got it

put Layout in data/Menu/Gui

put menu_1024_768 in data/Menu

there is a bug in menu_1024_768

[G2B I5]
Name=gegnerfahrtslide
Type=1026
ItemID=0x2B06000D
ParentID=0x2B060012
Pos=0,768,1,1424
VertSlide=768§

modify to VertSlide=768

H'sie mod works fine

Stiebler mod causes ctd

OK...now Stiebler mod works too

ninja turtle 01-23-13 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin40 (Post 1997670)
At last I got it

put Layout in data/Menu/Gui

put menu_1024_768 in data/Menu

[G2B I5]
Name=gegnerfahrtslide
Type=1026
ItemID=0x2B06000D
ParentID=0x2B060012
Pos=0,768,1,1424
VertSlide=768§

modify to VertSlide=768

H'sie mod works fine

Stiebler mod causes ctd

OK...now Stiebler mod works too

Alas no joy for me...as usual :wah:

I'm back to trying to sink ships than programme my computer now :ping:

See you all in the ocean :arrgh!:

sublynx 01-23-13 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin40 (Post 1997670)

VertSlide=768§

modify to VertSlide=768

Thank you Robin40 :woot: Superb! I'm glad you was ready to do all that checking :up:

I wonder why the typo has not crashed my game, although I also have h.sie's and stiebler's mods :hmmm:

Anyway I have corrected the mistake and the file in the downloads section does not have that typo anymore.

Robin40 01-23-13 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja turtle (Post 1997739)

I'm back to trying to sink ships than programme my computer now :ping:

See you all in the ocean :arrgh!:

please post your mod list

mine is

GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
Hitler Speaks
LifeBoats&Debris_v2_A
Rbs2-Forsoundsandstarshells
Damage_caused_by_fires_TheDarkWraith
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM3.2 displacement correction mod
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
MaGui F
German Images for MaGui F
GREEN Filters on Scopes+Binoculars for MaGui F
Charts addon mod
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
GWX-SmartKeys
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1, MaGui, Charts

Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1, MaGui, Charts is the mod modified to work with MaGui and Charts addon

sublynx 01-23-13 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja turtle (Post 1997739)

Yeah, unfortunately that error was not a kind of error that would have solved why the installation through JSGME has not worked.

(Sorry for the belated answer - it's a bit hard to concentrate when a 2 - year old with her baby doll is screaming at my ear that the doll is King Tarzan, etc. The joys of being a dad...)

Anyways you was hoping for a step by step tutorial on how to edit the menu file. It's not as easy as that, because many mods change menu_1072_768.ini and what one's menu file looks like depends on what mods one uses. One also needs to do the editing again if one later adds another mod that modifies menu_1072_768.ini in any way.

What would be possible though is that we could try adding one chart at a time to your game to see if it is possible. I don't know if having a Steam version of SH3 is a problem or not.

ninja turtle 01-23-13 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin40 (Post 1997779)
please post your mod list

mine is

GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
Hitler Speaks
LifeBoats&Debris_v2_A
Rbs2-Forsoundsandstarshells
Damage_caused_by_fires_TheDarkWraith
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM3.2 displacement correction mod
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
MaGui F
German Images for MaGui F
GREEN Filters on Scopes+Binoculars for MaGui F
Charts addon mod
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
GWX-SmartKeys
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1, MaGui, Charts

Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1, MaGui, Charts is the mod modified to work with MaGui and Charts addon

Hi Robin40. When I saw your previous post "At last I got it..." I thought excellent it's gotta work. :smug:

Any ways my mod list is as follows: GWX3 in Silent Hunter folder + JSGME:

MaGuiF
TorpedoSolutionButton for MaGui F
Lutzow Officers SET 1
sober green waves
sober real smoke
Real Depth Charge
Extreme Wet Weather Gear Mod
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Pascal_Port_People
Uniform mod V.2
SB_cameras_mod_SH3
Extended Freecam 1.1 GWX 3.0
B25_Camera

However, I have tried charts add on with only GWX and MaGui F. The mods listed do appear to work fine within the game. BTW is the open hatch mod good?

@sublynx - many many thanks as always with your persistence in solving this problem. I'm not too concerned with having the mod in if it will cause so much time and frustration. I'll print the charts you kindly linked to me and use it that way. Also I remember putting a mod in JSGME (your B25 camera mod?) which had the effect of water on the lens when going into external view. Don't seem to have it now so a mod may have affected it?

(Don't you just love kids!! My girl is now fourteen....yep a stroppy girl teenager so make the most of the younger years lol)

Robin40 01-23-13 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja turtle (Post 1997863)
Hi Robin40. When I saw your previous post "At last I got it..." I thought excellent it's gotta work. :smug:

Any ways my mod list is as follows: GWX3 in Silent Hunter folder + JSGME:

MaGuiF
TorpedoSolutionButton for MaGui F
Lutzow Officers SET 1
sober green waves
sober real smoke
Real Depth Charge
Extreme Wet Weather Gear Mod
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Pascal_Port_People
Uniform mod V.2
SB_cameras_mod_SH3
Extended Freecam 1.1 GWX 3.0
B25_Camera

However, I have tried charts add on with only GWX and MaGui F. The mods listed do appear to work fine within the game. BTW is the open hatch mod good?

@sublynx - many many thanks as always with your persistence in solving this problem. I'm not too concerned with having the mod in if it will cause so much time and frustration. I'll print the charts you kindly linked to me and use it that way. Also I remember putting a mod in JSGME (your B25 camera mod?) which had the effect of water on the lens when going into external view. Don't seem to have it now so a mod may have affected it?

(Don't you just love kids!! My girl is now fourteen....yep a stroppy girl teenager so make the most of the younger years lol)

try this

make a new folder ChartsAddonforMaGuiF(you may name it also HopeThisWork)
copy into it from ChartsAddon by SubLynx
data/Menu with all its files
put menu_1024_768 in the Menu directory

now
delete Layout folder under the Menu/gui directory
copy Layout folder from MaGuiF into the Menu/gui directory
copy Layout folder from ChartsAddon into the Menu/gui directory letting files overwrite (so you add the tga files of SubLynx to the tga files of MaGuiF)

so folder tree is thus

ChartsAddonforMaGuiF
data
Menu
gui----------------- menu_1024_768
Layout

try GWX, MaGuiF and ChartsAddonforMaGuiF enabling via JSGME

cross fingers

sublynx 01-24-13 04:48 AM

Quote:

However, I have tried charts add on with only GWX and MaGui F.

Then the other mods can't explain the problem.

Quote:

I'm not too concerned with having the mod in if it will cause so much time and frustration.

Adding one chart is no big deal. I can pick an easy to add chart for you, which requires nothing fancy like renumbering. It's just a case of copy paste to the right place in menu_1072_768.ini. Takes about 15 minutes, I'd say. If it works, we'll know the rest of the charts are possible to add too.

But before there is any point in considering the editing approach, I'd try Robin40's solution. It looks innovative and promising. :salute:

Quote:

My girl is now fourteen....yep a stroppy girl teenager so make the most of the younger years lol

Oh great. What I have now is a 2 year old going hiding behind the corner for a dump, yelling "Daddy must not come!" at me when I approach trying to take her to the potty and in about 10 years time I'll have to face the same kind of yelling when she hides a pathetic excuse of a boyfriend from me, the only difference being that her language is more foul, vicious and grammatically somewhat more coherent. Marry and have kids, they said... :D

ninja turtle 01-24-13 02:25 PM

@Robin40 & sublynx. Hi guys. I'll try over the weekend the suggestions. Fortunately I have fri, sat, sun & mon off (woo hoo!!) to get it right. I'll be back...:D

ninja turtle 01-25-13 10:48 AM

Guys!! I've...only...gone...and...bleeding...done it!!!! :Kaleun_Party: Well gosh! After a week of trying and failing and frustration. All I can at least say is a massive thank you to sublynx for creating the mod and helping as much as possible with the problems I was encountering and of course Robin40 for the final successful method.

Guys I don't know how you understand all this computer programming (I certainly will never create a mod) and especially how you work out what problems may lie beneath the surface (a pun?) but I'm glad subsim has people like yourselves prepared to help basically a noob with limited knowledge in computing.

You might be hearing from me again next time I have a modding problem (more than likely).

Now I can at least relax over the weekend and sink these merchants with a game designed the way I've always wanted.

Happy hunting guys and I'll see you both in the Atlantic!

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Anvar1061 01-25-13 11:04 AM

SSS
Drown all of them!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/imag...Kaleun_Los.gif

Robin40 01-25-13 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja turtle (Post 1998752)
Guys!! I've...only...gone...and...bleeding...done it!!!! :Kaleun_Party: Well gosh! After a week of trying and failing and frustration. All I can at least say is a massive thank you to sublynx for creating the mod and helping as much as possible with the problems I was encountering and of course Robin40 for the final successful method.

Guys I don't know how you understand all this computer programming (I certainly will never create a mod) and especially how you work out what problems may lie beneath the surface (a pun?) but I'm glad subsim has people like yourselves prepared to help basically a noob with limited knowledge in computing.

You might be hearing from me again next time I have a modding problem (more than likely).

Now I can at least relax over the weekend and sink these merchants with a game designed the way I've always wanted.

Happy hunting guys and I'll see you both in the Atlantic!

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Ok...I suppose you have followed my advice to cross fingers

anyway remember that if you enable a mod that add tga fiies in the Layout directory you must do the same method in order to add tga files of the other mods

otherwise when menu_1024_768 looks for the relevant tga it doesn't find it and the game crashes

sublynx 01-25-13 01:58 PM

Great news :woot:

I guess I'll start using Robin40's method myself the next time I need to install SH3 and my modsoup again :up:

Thanks a lot for you guys, for patience and ideas on what's wrong and what could be tried. This would not have worked if not for the collective power of the forum:arrgh!:

sublynx 03-26-13 02:03 PM

A new version uploaded. The new one corrects the AOB picture getting in the way of the dials. A big thanks to Olsin for pointing the mistake out:salute:

ninja turtle 03-26-13 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublynx (Post 2031736)
A new version uploaded. The new one corrects the AOB picture getting in the way of the dials. A big thanks to Olsin for pointing the mistake out:salute:

Hi sublynx

I'll try and use this new version once I'm back in Kiel (I'm presently sinking merchants on the coast of Canada) :yeah:

I've been following the changes pointed out by Olsin. Looking good :salute:

Good hunting :subsim: