SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Lock down fun (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=244233)

ExFishermanBob 03-22-20 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JU_88 (Post 2656286)
catching up on some gaming,
retro gaming technically, as im playing though Doom 64 and Age of Empires 2 complete edition (campaigns)

Same here - Red Orchestra: Ostfront (and SH3 ofc). Some old friends from COD:UO days have been popping up on Steam Chat now they are stuck at home.

Also, gardening: just planted lettuce, spinach and so on. Sadly, cannot plant quorn-burgers. Or Lavazza coffee.

A load of people (from Dundee, I think) turned up in the village today, to walk in the park and on the hills: nice and sunny. Can't say I blame them: if you are facing being locked in for weeks in a city centre...

Keeping fingers crossed for aged relatives and friends in Italy... and everyone, really.

At least if we can't be there... we can watch.
https://www.vedetta.org/locations/we...a-torvaianica/

STEED 03-22-20 10:30 AM

Way I just found my old school Mega Drive with the games and it works! :)

raymond6751 03-22-20 02:31 PM

Global Conflict WW3

For those who are stuck inside or not:

I am moderating this game.

Information available on boardgamegeek

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...l-conflict-ww3

Free to play. Manual download there in the files section.

Don't message me here. Use conflictww3@gmail.com

Thanks

Aktungbby 03-22-20 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET2SN (Post 2656196)
I need to get my eyes checked. At first glance I thought you said you moved the lawns. That would be some pretty strong boredom. :o

In 'quake prone Napa, the lawns move by themselves!:O: Bad news: we now have a confirmed case of corona virus! Now, I'll dash to the Lucky's mkt at 1145 PM just before midnight closing, to avoid crowds and blitz shop...wearing a mask for the next two weeks.:ping::ping::hmmm:

Reece 03-22-20 06:18 PM

Not much fun with this lock down at all, and its just begun!! :doh:
Cafe's, pubs, anything to do with entertainment closed, even churches closed!! The state borders have closed as well, they say it will be this way for at least 6 months. Even the hospitals and medical centers are closed, you have to phone them if you feel crook.
I'd take a drive but where?? even parks are closed, this is going to be a very long 6 months, especially just starting the winter period. Only supermarkets are open and petrol stations, most schools closed as well. :nope:

Sailor Steve 03-22-20 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 2656418)
...even churches closed!!

Wait a minute...All powerful, all seeing, all knowing God, but the places where He is worshiped are closed because one of his followers might be carrying the virus. Makes sense to me.

Quote:

Even the hospitals and medical centers are closed, you have to phone them if you feel crook.
That's normal. Nobody wants to catch the thing. Except for the occasional appointment all my transactions have always been done by computer.

Quote:

I'd take a drive but where?? even parks are closed, this is going to be a very long 6 months, especially just starting the winter period. Only supermarkets are open and petrol stations, most schools closed as well. :nope:
I can't even do that; my car broke down. Not a single store has toilet paper. Nothing much to do.

Catfish 03-23-20 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2656407)
In 'quake prone Napa, the lawns move by themselves!:O: [...]

:haha::up:

Hope you got the mask, all the best!

Catfish 03-23-20 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2656451)
[...] I can't even do that; my car broke down. Not a single store has toilet paper. Nothing much to do.

This car really seems to give you headaches.. do you have a market in the vicinity you can reach by foot?
I still do not get that toilet paper thing, has the world gone mad just because of this virus :doh:

STEED 03-23-20 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2656455)
I still do not get that toilet paper thing, has the world gone mad just because of this virus :doh:

A percentage of the world has. :)

Come on guys smile, if you let this get to you your mental and physical health will go down the tubes. We all know how serious this is, Keep calm and carry on and follow the guidelines to the letter.

Catfish 03-23-20 04:34 AM

I am not depressive (yet), nor am i bored at all.

I just wonder why there 23647 rice corns in one 500 g package, and 23623 in another :hmmm:

STEED 03-23-20 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2656465)
I am not depressive (yet), nor am i bored at all.

I just wonder why there 23647 rice corns in one 500 g package, and 23623 in another :hmmm:

Good question, Nigel Farage will look into this as he has nothing else better to do. :haha:

Reece 03-23-20 04:48 AM

Some grains are thicker than others!! :yep:

Platapus 03-23-20 05:01 AM

I am starting my second week of mandatory Teleworking.

The problem is that with my job, there is absolutely nothing I can do remotely.

"So do some online training" is the direction I have

So I have to be sitting at my home computer for 8 hours a day doing online training. That actually sucks a lot.

If I can get it to work, I am going to try to log in to an online PMP training class otherwise it is more US Government work place safety or some such crap.

But at least I am still getting paid which is more than what is happening to a lot of people, so I am one of the lucky ones.

STEED 03-23-20 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 2656467)

Nigel thick...:hmmm:

I will let Catfish come back with a witty remark. :03:

Hang in there reece, you could write a book all about farting. :) :03: :up:

Catfish 03-23-20 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 2656467)

Oh you :wah: Wait.. i can take 'em all out again and measure the diametres :yep: