SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Dangerous Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Target Motion Analysis Tutorial (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=213260)

banryu79 06-16-14 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in_vino_vomitus (Post 2216855)
No - please don't. In case it didn't come across, I like the "stream of consciousness" style that you have - Especially since I tend to get target fixated and miss stuff, so it's a good reminder to stay aware of the complete picture - but mostly it's fun to listen to - I have to say though, if you feel like doing requests I'd dearly love some guidance on sorting out contact ambiguities on the FFG's Towed array....

I strongly quote in_vino_vomitus (what the heck of a nickname, btw :D)
I really like your commenting stye in your videos (found some funny stuff in your STAKER let's play too, lol), please don't change :D

FPSchazly 06-16-14 09:13 AM

Quote:

No - please don't. In case it didn't come across, I like the "stream of consciousness" style that you have - Especially since I tend to get target fixated and miss stuff, so it's a good reminder to stay aware of the complete picture - but mostly it's fun to listen to - I have to say though, if you feel like doing requests I'd dearly love some guidance on sorting out contact ambiguities on the FFG's Towed array....

Quote:

Originally Posted by banryu79 (Post 2216873)
I strongly quote in_vino_vomitus (what the heck of a nickname, btw :D)
I really like your commenting stye in your videos (found some funny stuff in your STAKER let's play too, lol), please don't change :D

Not a problem :haha: in_vino_vomitus' context clues made it sound like you were contrasting your appreciation of my stuff with that quote. It's fine, though. If you like it, good. That change was gonna be a long and hard one (that's what she said).

Also, I'm glad you checked out S.T.A.L.K.E.R., banryu :D My other videos don't get as much love haha

FPSchazly 06-16-14 09:03 PM

Quote:

...I have to say though, if you feel like doing requests I'd dearly love some guidance on sorting out contact ambiguities on the FFG's Towed array....

If you haven't seen, I just started the FFG tuts so I will get to that shortly :D

in_vino_vomitus 06-17-14 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSchazly (Post 2217067)
If you haven't seen, I just started the FFG tuts so I will get to that shortly :D

Nice one :)

doomsniper 08-29-14 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSchazly (Post 2217067)

What I do is stick a tracker on all the contacts and go into the navigation map and mark all the current bearings. Then turn to eliminate any ghost contacts.

ljqcn101 04-18-19 09:28 AM

Just a test on my tool. Used the situation in the video at around 13 mins.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...ictureid=10302

FPSchazly 04-23-19 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljqcn101 (Post 2604124)
Just a test on my tool. Used the situation in the video at around 13 mins.

Cool, I saw your thread about the tool. What are the results of the test?

ljqcn101 04-27-19 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSchazly (Post 2605219)
Cool, I saw your thread about the tool. What are the results of the test?

Works well most of the time, but in some cases (such as the above one) when there're so many congested intersections between lines, the opencv line detector could fail to detect some portion of the line. But still it can give you some reliable TMA solutions.

And I couldn't find a way to add speed constraints since it's using image pixel coordinates. All I can do is to draw the solution on the image so you know where it is.

In the above example, the tool has found two solutions, displayed in green. And it seems the longer one is the 10-knot target we want.