SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   You got SH5. You played it. Now RATE it for the rest of us! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162709)

joejccva71 03-01-10 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrgn (Post 1286249)
I 100% agree, its much better out of the box than SH3/4. Good but not perfect.

Hmm..I'd much rather have the explosion animations from the out of the box SH3/4 than SH5. If I wanted a fireworks display, I'd go to Washington DC or New York on the 4th of July. It needs modding badly.

OakGroove 03-01-10 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1285801)
No, better idea: leave it like this and then later I can make it public. We'll see who voted for what, and we'll have a good idea who is honest and who isn't.:arrgh!:

This would presume good intel on who's who.
Guerilla/viral marketing buccaneers ... can't exclude these folks from false flag statements either. Just an idea.

Méo 03-01-10 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martes86 (Post 1286255)
Wait a minute! It came out already?!?! :o

Yeah! in EB games Canada (got mine yesterday, but some folks said it was available since saturday) and some places in the U.S. I think, but not sure. (don't ask me the reason why, I have no idea ;))

ddrgn 03-01-10 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva71 (Post 1286257)
Hmm..I'd much rather have the explosion animations from the out of the box SH3/4 than SH5. If I wanted a fireworks display, I'd go to Washington DC or New York on the 4th of July. It needs modding badly.

LOL, which mods are needed badly?

609_Avatar 03-01-10 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1285801)
No, better idea: leave it like this and then later I can make it public. We'll see who voted for what, and we'll have a good idea who is honest and who isn't.:arrgh!:

I like the way this man thinks! I didn't even consider people doing that but I guess the more cynical here are right, there are people with agendas that will do many questionable things to promote them. Not saying here in this forum but in general.

I'm only here to hear what those that have bought it have to say.

ERPP8 03-01-10 04:04 PM

How do people get it early?

609_Avatar 03-01-10 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERPP8 (Post 1286400)
How do people get it early?

Some stores haven't followed Ubi's guidelines by waiting until the official release date. So they put it on the shelves as soon as they got it.

Onkel Neal 03-01-10 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OakGroove (Post 1286275)
This would presume good intel on who's who.
Guerilla/viral marketing buccaneers ... can't exclude these folks from false flag statements either. Just an idea.

Oh, I guess that is possible. Let's ask!

Hey everyone, did you vote correctly? If you voted, it means you have the game. Everyone who voted, you have the game?

Or did some of you just click a button to further an agenda. :hmmm:

kylania 03-01-10 04:35 PM

No game, no vote. :)

joejccva71 03-01-10 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrgn (Post 1286334)
LOL, which mods are needed badly?

Particle effects of smoke, explosions and fire. I liked the way it was modded in SH3/SH4. The way it is now in SH5 is really too much like a firecracker display honestly.

Also I won't even go into the immersion and realism factor of having the enemy ship crews walking around on the deck as the ship is sinking. This is a killer to me.

ddrgn 03-01-10 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva71 (Post 1286541)
Particle effects of smoke, explosions and fire. I liked the way it was modded in SH3/SH4. The way it is now in SH5 is really too much like a firecracker display honestly.

Also I won't even go into the immersion and realism factor of having the enemy ship crews walking around on the deck as the ship is sinking. This is a killer to me.

LOL, zeeee eye candy. I would look forward to some awesome mods. As for guys on deck, I am never close enough to see them anyways.

OakGroove 03-01-10 04:58 PM

Quote:

Or did some of you just click a button to further an agenda.
Exactly this is the point i was trying to get across. How could you know, and what does it mean to the validity of such polls.

longam 03-01-10 05:08 PM

No vote, but mine shipped today....:D

ERPP8 03-01-10 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 609_Avatar (Post 1286407)
Some stores haven't followed Ubi's guidelines by waiting until the official release date. So they put it on the shelves as soon as they got it.

Lucky them:damn::damn:

SteamWake 03-01-10 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper
Can you see the names of the people who have voted once you've voted yourself? I predict naysayers voting "Bad" before even trying it.

But then again, I'm maybe a bit cynical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1285682)
No, I think you are pretty accurate.

I know it was early in the thread but.....

Sorry but that just made me laugh out loud... :salute:

ps;I did not vote :rock: