SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   GWX4 (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151925)

Deep Source 05-31-09 08:44 PM

I have love TGW, i love GWX.

OPM is great Mod, but no presence of neutrals is bad . Stock SHIV is :down: ubi as a good work on graphical interface and the crew manange and the mission gameplay. The rest :nope:.

GWX please. Priority on damange model, historical accuracy.

And now. Perfect website :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock: favorites now!

Syxx_Killer 06-01-09 08:41 AM

Great looking website, guys! :yeah: I am currently downloading GWX3 Gold and can't help but wonder if I should just wait for GWX4. Decisions, decisions! :doh::D

Jimbuna 06-01-09 10:46 AM

Well seeing as how GWX3.0 is already released I reckon I'd go for the completed mod http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

Sailor Steve 06-01-09 01:02 PM

And who knows how long you'll have to wait for GWX4? If it's long you will miss out by not playing GWX3.

Just good sense.

Husksubsky 06-01-09 05:53 PM

Ship recognition

I m really excited about this Mod. I ve enjoyed sh4 with OM add so far.
What I struggle with is secognition and mast height etc. I use RFB too and some similar ships in recognition manual have vastly different base height.I guess some use funnel and some not.How will this be in GWX?:cool: will it be possible to estimate myself and put in my own height suggestion? printable recognition manual maybe?:) I think there is one out there but havent found it..
Regards Thomas

Mynhardt 06-03-09 08:44 AM

Realism

Thankyou for doing a great job... busy playing GWX 3.Just one thing that I would like to see in GWX 4 that I still miss and feel is one of the most important things to make the game absolutely realistic...

If I am out at sea and I get spotted by a enemy plane I would expect the enemy to send planes more frequently to try and track my progress and maybe order destroyers to curtain areas to look for me. The same with destroyers that was attacking me. After a time they run out of ammo or just gives up while they are still pinging me. I would expect them to call for relieve if they can not continue the attack. Airplanes would try and keep you under water until you run out of air.

Let me just say I do not nearly know as much as you guys about this but did read up on the 2nd ww abit.

please do not miss under stand me. I really enjoy your mod and are not criticizing you... just trying to help if I can.

Pablo 06-03-09 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mynhardt (Post 1111431)
Thankyou for doing a great job... busy playing GWX 3.Just one thing that I would like to see in GWX 4 that I still miss and feel is one of the most important things to make the game absolutely realistic...

If I am out at sea and I get spotted by a enemy plane I would expect the enemy to send planes more frequently to try and track my progress and maybe order destroyers to curtain areas to look for me. The same with destroyers that was attacking me. After a time they run out of ammo or just gives up while they are still pinging me. I would expect them to call for relieve if they can not continue the attack. Airplanes would try and keep you under water until you run out of air.

Let me just say I do not nearly know as much as you guys about this but did read up on the 2nd ww abit.

please do not miss under stand me. I really enjoy your mod and are not criticizing you... just trying to help if I can.

Hi!

Every time an aircraft spots you there is a chance that another aircraft will spawn to to attack you. The probability is not that great since patrol aircraft were historically far apart, but it can happen.

Antisubmarine vessels will try to respond when you are sighted in their vicinity (try storming Scapa Flow or traversing the English Channel for a demonstration), but unless any potential reinforcing destroyers are relatively close then they won't get there in time to continue to prosecute the contact (namely, you). That is one reason why assaulting Scapa or the Channel is so dangerous: there are lots of destroyers in the vicinity that will respond to spotting reports.

Hope this helps!

Pablo

Adriatico 06-06-09 01:12 PM

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7008/gwx4copy.jpg

Jimbuna 06-06-09 04:03 PM

@Adriatico....LMAO :rotfl:

Deep Source 06-06-09 05:41 PM

Question for jimbuna!

Jimbuna what their vision for GWX4, based on SH4 modding interface?

Jimbuna 06-07-09 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Source (Post 1113527)
Jimbuna what their vision for GWX4, based on SH4 modding interface?

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand your question :hmmm:

jaxa 06-08-09 12:27 PM

One of the best sites I've ever seen :up:
If GWX4 is the same I'll be happy to play it.
How many work have you done guys - 20, 50 or 90%?

OrangeYoshi 06-08-09 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitaniumRR (Post 1106968)
- Is the GWX4 going to be an independent superMOD which will have to be installed onto a pure 1.0000 version of SH4 like all the GWXes before?

GWX 2.0 did not do this.

Quote:

- Is the GWX4 going to be a superMOD which will have to be installed onto a 1.5 version of SH4 unlike all the GWXes before?
GWX 2.0 did this. In SH3 you needed patch 1.4b, not 1.0.

Jimbuna 06-09-09 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxa (Post 1114272)
One of the best sites I've ever seen :up:
If GWX4 is the same I'll be happy to play it.
How many work have you done guys - 20, 50 or 90%?

The quality of the site is down to the skills and hard work of Viking Grandad in the main.....not forgetting the site host Diving Duck http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

It would be hard to put a percentage figure on it because it is not yet known exactly what is going into it in the way of new or different features.

Work is ongoing and whilst we are in 'silent running' mode I should imagine there may be one or two updates at appropriate times in the future.

Jimbuna 06-09-09 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi (Post 1114367)
GWX 2.0 did not do this.

GWX 2.0 did this. In SH3 you needed patch 1.4b, not 1.0.

GWX4 will require the installation of the U-boat addon for SH4