SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   S3D v0.9 sneak preview - VIDEO (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=138983)

Digital_Trucker 07-06-08 01:55 PM

Yep, he had to be the class clown in school (there are quite a few of them around here).:D

The question, Xantro, should be is he in the same space-time continuum as we are:hmm:

Xantrokoles 07-06-08 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Yep, he had to be the class clown in school (there are quite a few of them around here).:D

The question, Xantro, should be is he in the same space-time continuum as we are:hmm:

It can't be the same continuum. The time here goes much slower:nope:

skwasjer 07-06-08 02:22 PM

CET guys, CET :rotfl:

Xantro, you geek :88)

Currently, I'm done with the release, but still have to update my website, readme and prepare my post here. So, all in all, a few hours... That is, unless the misses demands my attention tonight. Time to start praying boys :arrgh!:

Steve, thanks for the heads up, but I'm just doing what I'm good at. I'm more a developer, and always will be. If I was actually modding, I'd only get pissed off about the lack of decent tools and start coding away again (totally forgetting about my mod work) :up:

Xantrokoles 07-06-08 02:25 PM

Goet het nieuws!!!

Lagger123987 07-06-08 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lagger123987
How much days till v.9 is released?

Did you read the above posts?

No, I been too busy fighting over who will get the last rib during Poker night yesterday....

Sailor Steve 07-06-08 05:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:

How much days till v.9 is released?

Did you read the above posts?

No, I been too busy fighting over who will get the last rib during Poker night yesterday....

Well, maybe it will be released someday.:dead:

skwasjer 07-06-08 05:18 PM

It has been released, see sticky :up:

keltos01 07-07-08 07:35 AM

Bravo !!!! :rock:

It beats any SDK out there !

The more I use S3D the more I like it :D

Thanks again,

Keltos

Ps If you ever wanna try I modded a Class T submarine, Zwaardvisch.

keltos01 07-07-08 10:09 AM

how do you check a object's position against the 3d model ? using the 3d view that is ?

skwasjer 07-07-08 10:24 AM

Toggle on origins, then you can see the local center (0,0,0 point, the blue dots, red if selected) of each model, but also nodes that don't have a model. The dots move around as parents get 'translated' and 'rotated'.

If an object has a model associated with it, and if the model is not placed on it's own local center, then the dot (origin) will not be in the middle of the actual model. Clicking 'center view' prefers to focus on the model itself rather than the origin, but if no model is linked, then it will always be centered over the origin of the node.

keltos01 07-07-08 11:46 AM

I meant, if I look at the 3d model of the tower for instance, is there a way to make the smaller nodes (uzo etc) appear on the 3d model of the tower so that I can see what happens when I move them by changing their coordinates?

skwasjer 07-07-08 12:13 PM

You are talking about 'assets' from other files. No, S3D won't load anything but what's inside the file. However, you can for instance do a full DAT-file import of said assets (put the chunks at the end of your own). Then S3D will render them as well. Afterwards, you can remove them again.

keltos01 07-07-08 02:12 PM

double post but I don't care, it's worth it !!!!!!

just incredible, I just saved about a whole evening of work doing stuff in 35',
INCREDIBLE :sunny:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2927/s3d0gz2.jpg

here's how I can find the node, just by clicking on the object in 3d, awesome,

chapeau bas Skwasjer !

ps and thanks for the tutorial-video you posted, it helped immensely !

Fuzzyhead12 05-28-09 03:00 PM

can anybody explain me this tool (maybe german i mean not google)?? how i can build a model for sh3 or how i can make a ship playable

W_clear 05-28-09 07:28 PM

nice nice very nice.:up: