SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   CO2 bug anyone else? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133307)

Fincuan 03-21-08 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WernerSobe
I also get compressed air exhaust bug when i try a crash dive.

Same here. It goes away though when you hit "A" to level the boat, or left-click the depth dial to set a depth.

AVGWarhawk 03-22-08 02:10 PM

I'm wondering if these are really bugs or we just do not know what key use. I think it was in the manual........oh never mind:roll:

THE_MASK 03-22-08 02:50 PM

I have never had this bug .

kakemann 03-22-08 05:23 PM

Have experienced the bug 3 or 4 times now. It is very annoying!

A hotfix is a must!
We should add it to the bug thread, but I guess it already is?

The General 03-22-08 05:27 PM

Yep, count me in. It's all over me like a cheap suit!

AVGWarhawk 03-23-08 04:03 PM

I have been playing a bit more and still do not have the CO2 issue if I press the CO2 icon to surface. I have not experienced the compressed air bug.

Zantham 03-23-08 05:46 PM

I got the CO2 bug again, but for me pressing the CO2 button does not fix the problem, whether surfaced or submerged 70m.
So I saved submerged, reloaded the game, resurfaced and it fixed it again.
I seem to get the bug when I pause the game for extended periods of time (like and hour or more). I save submerged and surfaced and whatever all the time but haven't gotten it from that.

WhiskeyBravo 03-24-08 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zantham
I got the CO2 bug again, but for me pressing the CO2 button does not fix the problem, whether surfaced or submerged 70m.
I seem to get the bug when I pause the game for extended periods of time (like and hour or more). I save submerged and surfaced and whatever all the time but haven't gotten it from that.

This is exactly how I got the issue. Since then I have not paused the game for any length of time and the problem has not appeared. So far!

WB.

The General 03-25-08 06:40 AM

Ducimus Maximus!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The General
Yep, count me in. It's all over me like a cheap suit!

Correction: I have the Trigger Maru MOD and as far as I'm concerned, due to the improvements, it's a compulsary MOD. I'll put up with the odd CO2 problem for that.

Thank you Maerean_M for your continued support though :up:

kakemann 03-26-08 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
I have been playing a bit more and still do not have the CO2 issue if I press the CO2 icon to surface. I have not experienced the compressed air bug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zantham

:hmm:

Thanks for valueable input everyone
I'll try the button next time, will post back the results. I will also try the save submerged - exit - reload method.

AVGWarhawk 03-26-08 09:23 AM

Still no issue for me. Surface by the icon that pops up and all is well. Got me men what the story is.

Rockin Robbins 03-26-08 09:26 AM

Confirmed

Quote:

Still no issue for me. Surface by the icon that pops up and all is well. Got me men what the story is.

Clicking the pop-up CO2 warning in the upper right corner of the screen fixes the problem. It's just lack of instructions and I think bad logic to require that. But it works and who cares? I'm having too much fun.

kakemann 03-26-08 09:34 AM

Sounds promising!

AVGWarhawk 03-26-08 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Quote:

Clicking the pop-up CO2 warning in the upper right corner of the screen fixes the problem. It's just lack of instructions and I think bad logic to require that. But it works and who cares? I'm having too much fun.

Me too! :D I have been raping a convoy off Java now for two days. I come in like a shark, make my hit and swim off to regroup! CO2 not an issue, boat vents! They hate me:smug:

kakemann 03-26-08 11:15 AM

Ok!

I tried the following:

1. Pressing the CO2 icon to surface instead of the S button on the keyboard.

2. Dived to 60 metres (don't know feet) - saved the game - exit to main menu - loading again - surfacing with the CO2 button

Number 1 didn't solve the CO2 problem for me, but number 2 did.
Just pressing the CO2 icon the sub surfaced and nothing happened to the CO2 levels.
But when using alternative number 2, saving and reloading the problem was solved!

:rock: