SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   The Witcher II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180186)

Feuer Frei! 05-25-11 11:23 AM

Well, i'm at the part where he has to escape from prison, boxing the guard.
Loving this game so far!
No ctd's, bugs or anything else.
Touch wood.

Dowly 06-09-11 08:04 AM

Yahtzee:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ssins-of-Kings

Castout 06-17-11 11:53 PM

I'm getting this game as it's now available from local retailer. Imo The Witcher is a better game than even DAO. Can't pass this one up as I quite enjoy RPG and very good RPG is hard to come by on the PC game market.

Feuer Frei! 06-18-11 07:54 AM

Finished the game a few days ago and i must say i am extremely pleased with what they have done.
Excellent storyline, great character development, storyline, and a good overall sense of immersion.
The combat system i didn't mind at all tbh, and the graphics are great as well.
If anyone is in a position to purchase this game, or in two minds, i can highly recommend it.
There are also a ton of wonderful mods out and new ones are being released daily!
Well worth your hard-earned money.
Rating: 9/10.

seaniam81 06-18-11 04:22 PM

Anybody ever read the books?
I loved The Last Wish.

Philipp_Thomsen 06-18-11 04:58 PM

Man I HATE third-person adventure-rpgs.

Whats the point of the world being so fantastic if half of it is being blocked by my character.

And walking around staring at the back of someone's head is not my beach.

kiwi_2005 06-18-11 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1686247)
I'm getting this game as it's now available from local retailer. Imo The Witcher is a better game than even DAO. Can't pass this one up as I quite enjoy RPG and very good RPG is hard to come by on the PC game market.

Are you nuts the best rpgs come from PC platform. The Witcher and DAO are different games I would compare Witcher to maybe Oblivion or Risen but not DA. :hmmm:

Castout 06-18-11 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 (Post 1686656)
Are you nuts the best rpgs come from PC platform. The Witcher and DAO are different games I would compare Witcher to maybe Oblivion or Risen but not DA. :hmmm:

Well Witcher 2 is a PC platform game :DL

Well Witcher 2 and DA are both RPG. True that they have different style but overall I like Witcher 2 much more than say DA 2.

Never played Oblivion or Risen though.

Witcher comes with lots of cut scenes too you know.

Castout 06-20-11 03:59 AM

Frank have you tried Witcher or Witcher 2?

If you like DAO like I do you would love The Witcher. It's like DAO(RPG for older gamers) but more hardcore. There's dark brooding ambiance in the first and it's the only game where you see fully naked women in 3D scene :O:. It's really meant for more mature audience.

I played the first but not to finish then and loved it.

I'm still thinking whether to get Starcraft 2. Mainly for old time sake and nostalgia. I have doubts because it seems to be meant for young adults or teenagers. But I've found going back the memory lane to be healthy for me. Starcraft 2 may bring me back since they retained their first traits. I had so much fun with the first.

kiwi_2005 06-20-11 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1687399)
Frank have you tried Witcher or Witcher 2?

If you like DAO like I do you would love The Witcher. It's like DAO(RPG for older gamers) but more hardcore. There's dark brooding ambiance in the first and it's the only game where you see fully naked women in 3D scene :O:. It's really meant for more mature audience.

I played the first but not to finish then and loved it.

I'm still thinking whether to get Starcraft 2. Mainly for old time sake and nostalgia. I have doubts because it seems to be meant for young adults or teenagers. But I've found going back the memory lane to be healthy for me. Starcraft 2 may bring me back since they retained their first traits. I had so much fun with the first.

Just Witcher, yes and I did like it. I aim to play Witcher II one day, still getting through DA Awakenings and a few other games plus just brought Farcry 2, am waiting for that to arrive.

HunterICX 06-20-11 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1687399)

You're still having doubts after the game has been out for almost a year?
then the answer is simple Do Not Buy It.

but you say yourself that SC2 retained what SC1 was all about....so there's your own answer of your doubts if it meant to be for young adults or teenagers.

HunterICX

Castout 06-20-11 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 (Post 1687409)
Just Witcher, yes and I did like it. I aim to play Witcher II one day, still getting through DA Awakenings and a few other games plus just brought Farcry 2, am waiting for that to arrive.

:yeah: Just ordered my Withcer 2 today from local retailer. Should arrive tomorrow if not the day after.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterICX (Post 1687418)
You're still having doubts after the game has been out for almost a year?
then the answer is simple Do Not Buy It.

but you say yourself that SC2 retained what SC1 was all about....so there's your own answer of your doubts if it meant to be for young adults or teenagers.

HunterICX

But that may not be a bad thing. Like I said I want to play the game and go nostalgic :DL (though I'm unsure whether I'd like the gameplay). Besides if I missed this version I wouldn't buy the 2nd and third additions.

Yes I tend to play games much later. I bought DAO about 1-2 year after it was released and I love DAO. The sucks part is that even though I bought some of these games much later I still paid the release price from local retailer.

Dowly 06-20-11 06:21 AM

^ If you liked SC1, then I can't see why you wouldn't like SC2. It's basically the same game, but with some new units.

Castout 06-20-11 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1687434)
^ If you liked SC1, then I can't see why you wouldn't like SC2. It's basically the same game, but with some new units.

That would be true if I had remained the same person with the same taste and gaming preference and sophistication. It has been more than 10 years. I've changed a lot. I wouldn't have thought I'd be quite different than I was 10 years ago, that puny, naive, stupid, timid, weak, helpless, and narrow minded young man with narrow interests :O:. I already liked playing Sub Command then even played a bit of Silent Hunter 2 and bought Falcon 4.0 as well but never realized I was into military stuffs and history. I was on stranger's island then away from family. Never read a book other than academic ones. Was such a geek. Starving thin geek.

To be honest I'm not sure whether I'd be compelled by the gameplay seeing from youtube clips. I couldn't see myself an ace in the online part either as it is much a clicking fest.

But seeing these copies are getting rarer I might as well give this first edition a chance to help me consider whether the other two upcoming ones are worth buying. And see whether going nostalgic on starcraft could get me some fun and fond nostalgia. I played SC1 at home then when on long holidays. Practically played it every single day.

Castout 06-20-11 08:16 PM

On seeing more Starcraft 2 gameplay videos I may not get this game. I just can't find why the gameplay would be compelling to me.

It's weird enough that so many people are saying it's a great game.

I still can't decide. I'll play some Witcher 2 meanwhile. That is one game I know I must have.