SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Hitman GUI 1.0 for NYGM3 and GWX3 (Pic Heavy!) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=167126)

Hitman 04-06-10 07:10 AM

Quote:

one thhing would be very nice-is it possible to eliminate the black transparent areas of the interface (as seen in the bridge and map shots)? Is it the console.tga that affects this?
I must look into that, it's one of the glitches that couldn't be fixed before release. I have a candidate suspect, but need time to check it.

Quote:

Jolly good show old chap, this mod works fantastically and raises the level of immersion :yeah:

Great timing as I installed SH3 3 days ago.
Holy cow! Watch out, DTB is back with a vengance!!! :D Glad to see you back in the SH3 scene mate :up:

Quote:

Are you in competition with Makman????:D
Nooo quite the opposite, we have open collaboration and help each other whenever possible (Well Manos helps me more that I can help him, but OK :haha:), we just have each other our personal preferences for GUIs and this is great because users benefit from the best possible thing: Being able to choose between different options :sunny:

Jimbuna 04-06-10 07:49 AM

Great job mate....works a treat in GWX3.0 http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

verte 04-06-10 08:19 AM

Thank you for your work and all the historical informations and pics :up: Still, I will try to port for my own use at least your periscope views to some other gui (and the cameras.dat options), because as much as I like the look of the tdc & torpedo panels, switching between them by "zeiss ikon" is irritating (as is the mouse cursor over the up/down periscope in 1280x1024). I also hope that you don't abandon your other ideas, like f6 tdc panel etc. and you will continue great work over this gui.

MH 04-06-10 10:20 AM

Double post

MH 04-06-10 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verte (Post 1349270)
........switching between them by "zeiss ikon" is irritating.............

I agree to that.....having moved the additional function somewhere else and make it toggle button would be much better.
Would be great having tdc buton on the tdc or close to it.
This GUI requires just too much clicking and mouse traveling but still is the best:up:.

Pisces 04-06-10 12:24 PM

Looks great Hitman. But just a question, where is the indicator point on the compass vernier. I can see you are roughly on course 039. But what degree is it exactly pointing to. How about a small red marker or someting?

kiwi_2005 04-06-10 12:49 PM

Very nice, will try it out with nygm. :yeah:

frau kaleun 04-06-10 01:04 PM

Okay I was waiting until I was ready to try manual targeting to start thinking about d/ling advanced looking GUIs but damn this is very... very... SHINY.

Flopper 04-06-10 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1349592)
Okay I was waiting until I was ready to try manual targeting to start thinking about d/ling advanced looking GUIs but damn this is very... very... SHINY.

Same kind of thing happened with me regarding the OLC Gold mod. Installed it, decided it was too hard, uninstalled. Next day I was missing the look of the gui and tools so bad, reinstalled and forced myself to learn how to deal with it. Forever grateful to OLC for that.

@Hitman: Looks beautiful... can't wait to try it out (right now)!! :rock:

Uber Gruber 04-06-10 02:56 PM

Oh goody, i've been waiting for this. It's just excellent Hitman!
To follow on from Teddy's comment, do you intend to remove the transparent interface (officer icons and dials) completely in order to have a minimalist GUI on the bottom of the screen ? I ask because now that your GUI includes the excellent slide out dials, the bottom dials are redundant (IMHO).

I think the bottom GUI only needs: info text, time of day (with date on hover), time compression indicator, numerical bearing and numerical speed...and i'm not that sure the last two are really needed to be honest.

The less cluttered the GUI the better in my view, especially on the bridge or in the command room.

Anyway, brilliant work....thanks.

UG

Sailor Steve 04-06-10 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1349592)
SHINY.

Literally, or are you a closet browncoat?

Jimbuna 04-06-10 06:06 PM

That's similar to what was said about Fubars skins util the problems with the second link :O:

frau kaleun 04-06-10 08:27 PM

Quote:

That's similar to what was said about Fubars skins util the problems with the second link :O:
True, lol. I got it successfully downloaded tonight though and the fourth one too. Very shiny indeed. Just wish there were more of them for my VIIB, but I'm kinda attached to my black boat ATM so it's prolly just as well.

Quote:

Literally, or are you a closet browncoat?
Generally if I say "shiny" I'm indicating that I've been distracted by something that looks very cool. As in "easily distracted by shiny objects."

But I have seen the series and the movie and enjoyed them, altho I got them both via Netflix so I was a latecomer to the fold. There were some things about them that I found a bit irritating, but they were entertaining enough overall.

el cheguevara 04-06-10 10:33 PM

I go without internet for a few days and come back to this? I'm pretty sure i died and went to heaven. Looks superb, can't wait to try this sucker out, been waiting for years!....well, seems like years lol.

makman94 04-07-10 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geosub1978 (Post 1349088)
Are you in competition with Makman????:D
You guys are excellent!:DL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 1349220)

Nooo quite the opposite, we have open collaboration and help each other whenever possible (Well Manos helps me more that I can help him, but OK :haha:), we just have each other our personal preferences for GUIs and this is great because users benefit from the best possible thing: Being able to choose between different options :sunny:

Exactly ! that is the spirit ! and i bet that both have the same purpose....to give the best we can to see a finished (?....well if ever exist a...finish) silent hunter 3 !
when something new is coming out is always for good and moves things forward to the new step beyond that....,you know, comparing the first Ferrari with the Ferrari you see today ... a looot of models passed between !

now ,there are two things that i really like to your gui Hitman ,

1. the brilliant idea you had, to connect the indicator (at the aob disc) directly with the scope bearing to show the true bearing without user's assistant! really brilliant !! i allready have done that to the 'pointer' of my compass....hope that you don't mind to release it . its really marvelous !

2. the new tool at your navmap.but not for the tool itself but for the fact that you can draw on top of it ! so,i made with the same 'build' the dragable nomograph to be 'fuctional' on all its area ...meaning that we can draw now lines on top of it !

two things that,imo, needs to take care of :

1. the 'clicable' area for starting-stopping the chronometer is very very small (only near the center of it) .need to enlarge it

2. at your tdc panel ....the spread angle dial is not fuctional if you haven't first choose the 'salvo' from the other panel . i think that it will be better to 'bring' the salvo switch at the tdc panel or to move the spread dial at torpedoes panel