SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mod Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Improving looks of DW (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229523)

Castout 02-25-17 08:01 PM

Or use fictional generic codes such as CG, DD, DG, CV, CL, FG, FF, BB, BC, etc instead of numbers.

Stewy1 02-27-17 04:50 PM

Hi Polak,

Would you consider painting the playable Perry? (removing the rust stains, fixing the red circle around the missile launcher, sharpening the textures, etc.?)

Also, repainting the Coast Guard Cutter into an actual Coast Guard Cutter would be cool.

Just ideas mate :Kaleun_Salute:
Stew

Polak2 02-28-17 07:31 PM

Quote:

Would you consider painting the playable Perry? (removing the rust stains, fixing the red circle around the missile launcher, sharpening the textures, etc.?)
Also, repainting the Coast Guard Cutter into an actual Coast Guard Cutter would be cool.
Just ideas mate
Thanks for comments and suggestions and ideas. When I look deeper into the subject I see that some of the DW surface units share textures and models.
For example: requested above CGC Hamilton class uses Halifax.j3d model and Kasturi.bmp textures. I see what can be done, but it appears that without being able to change 3d with 3dsmax ...( I do not have necessary early 3dsmax) and also add new model and texture to database this might be quite difficult.

Kaye T. Bai 04-03-17 01:56 PM

Wow, that Arleigh Burke DDG looks beautiful! :salute:

It sucks though that the 3D-modelled mast is vertical instead of tilted, like on the real ones. :(

Polak2 04-04-17 12:49 PM

Quote:

It sucks though that the 3D-modelled mast is vertical instead of tilted, like on the real ones
Indeed, inability to edit j3d format is preventing this project to make any significant difference or progress. Available 3dsmax plugin seems really only to work with 3dSmax version 3.10 which seems to be not obtainable anymore.

Meanwhile i made another repaint of Hamilton class Coast Guard cutter, but surely,despite repaint, this is one of the situations where 3d edit is most necessary.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o...psrkivcnsb.jpg

Featured in DW model of Hamilton is not a Hamilton at all and this is not good not being able to do anything about it....

p7p8 04-04-17 04:05 PM

This Hamilton class looks awesome :up:

Stewy1 04-04-17 09:33 PM

I like it a lot mate. I know the model's not perfect - but having a Coast Guard Ship makes for more mission options.

I like what you've done with the side of the boat too!:Kaleun_Salute:

Is the skin available for DL? (I know how to install them)

Thanks mate! :)
Stew

Polak2 04-05-17 05:25 AM

Quote:

I like what you've done with the side of the boat too!
Other side of the boat have more problems because of inability to change 3d to make lettering read right.
I try do upload something perhaps after making some more skins.

With approaching "cold waters" gorgeous 3d models keeping interest in upgrading DW graphically maybe difficult, I somehow wish to see DW lasting some time longer.

I must say though, that it is little regretful to have such a great, complex and involving simulation piece was pretty much devoid of the ability to be upgraded in more easy to accomplish way. Perhaps it is pretty late to make comments like this to this already decade old title and there is no stopping to the time, which is ticking away further still.

Kaye T. Bai 04-14-17 03:46 PM

Wow, that Coastie cutter looks sweet! :up:

A good model to use for the Hamilton-class cutters would be to take the Australian version of the Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate that's in the DB and reskin them. On the surface the two look somewhat similar.

Wildcat 06-02-17 07:44 AM

Polak, check your PM box for my latest PM.

Stewy1 06-05-17 04:23 AM

I PM'd Polak to see if I could have a look at his Cutter texture in game; though it appears he's 'gone deep'. :Kaleun_Sleep:

Polak2 06-05-17 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewy1 (Post 2488583)
I PM'd Polak to see if I could have a look at his Cutter texture in game; though it appears he's 'gone deep'. :Kaleun_Sleep:

Indeed, i am unfortunately buried in RL stuff as of late. sorry. replied your both PMs and thank you for your interest and support.