SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270)

ArditoCorsaro 02-06-17 05:47 PM

In fotrs ultimate it is simulated the magnetic anomaly detector by 1944 like in tmo 2.5?

propbeanie 02-06-17 06:32 PM

Not yet, but a mod is planned...

ArditoCorsaro 02-06-17 06:59 PM

It can ruin your day. :) btw i found a way to reduce sub s accelleration: reduce engines power: for example in my pigboat i reduced it from 1600 to 500 (diesel) and from 1200 to 200 (eletric) and the accelleration is realistic now. But sont exagerate: if too low the boat dont reach his maximum speed

Rockin Robbins 02-06-17 08:53 PM

Announcing!
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.53_PublicBeta_E N

Enjoy!

Lt commander lare 02-06-17 09:06 PM

Downloading Now!!!!

Lt commander lare 02-07-17 11:12 AM

Rockin Robbins I posted the pics of those guns and there location on Subsim's Facebook page. Great Job the the new Beta looks great so far no issues or crash to desktop.

THEBERBSTER 02-07-17 01:30 PM

I notice in the command room and also on the depth dial gauge that there is no indication to what the safe diving depth is.
Is there a way of knowing what this might be or way of showing it?
Peter

gutted 02-07-17 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2464215)
I notice in the command room and also on the depth dial gauge that there is no indication to what the safe diving depth is.
Peter

I can never be arsed to remember the max depths of each sub class. So when i get into a new boat, i just dive until the ship starts breaking. Take a mental note to stay several feet above it.. then reload.

It's very scientific! :yeah:

cdrsubron7 02-07-17 02:39 PM

Quote:

Peter

I'm just going from memory here, so I'll give it my best shot for the test depths. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :haha:

S-Class - 200 ft
Porpoise Class - 250 ft
Salmon Class - 250 ft
Sargo Class - 250 ft
Tambor Class - 300 ft
Gar Class - 300 ft
Balao Class - 400 ft
Tench Class - 400 ft.

If you add an additional 50 ft of depth to each class you are still on the safe side. Later in the war I've gone as deep as 400 ft in a Gato, I've gone to 550 ft in a Balao and a Tench.

During the war Richard O'Kane took the Tang to a depth of 612 ft on a test dive I believe.

Hope this helps some. :D :up:

Lt commander lare 02-07-17 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the guns i mentioned.

Lt commander lare 02-07-17 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Second pic

CapnScurvy 02-07-17 03:13 PM

Quote:

Peter

Yep gone. The idea is you can dive without restriction. Hit the "D" dive key, and you're headed down beyond the control of the stock game. Its up to you and your nerve to take the boat to whatever depth you think is possible. In real life, those maximum depth figures were done in sea trials with folks coming back from the abyss and reporting about it. You'll never know how much the 'ol girl will take unless you test yourself. Believe me, most max depth figures are very, VERY conservative.

But beware, the game renders the physics quite well. The deeper you go, the higher the compression. The boat maneuvers slower, less capable of responding. Don't think for a minute you can pull out of a steep dive doing anything faster than Ahead 1/3....it just won't respond. It's a terrible feeling after trying to reverse engines, and blow ballast, that your efforts still have the depth gauge climbing! Welcome to what every Submariner had for nightmares.

ArditoCorsaro 02-07-17 04:27 PM

In the aleutian command there is only 1 mission, on the luzon strait area. Something wrong guys in the campaign files.

THEBERBSTER 02-07-17 04:54 PM

Hi guys
Thanks for your replies.
Peter

Rockin Robbins 02-07-17 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt commander lare (Post 2464168)
Rockin Robbins I posted the pics of those guns and there location on Subsim's Facebook page. Great Job the the new Beta looks great so far no issues or crash to desktop.

Thank you! We're being more careful of releases. When we make a new version for our own testing we release the previous private beta as public.

That way we can patch our private beta till the cows come home and when we release it there are more goodies and fewer gotchas. We're not real modders but we play them on TV. After awhile you gotta learn something!:har:

Looks like I jumped the gun on announcing the Aleutians campaign. Propbeanie is the chemist on that one and ran into difficulty before we released v0.53. I had forgotten about that. Look for it in v0.54, coming soon to a Pacific Ocean near you!