SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   This is the comment thread! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=184195)

Gerald 06-14-11 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1683610)
Well, it's not a graduation, it means I passed all my exams. Now all that's left is writing my dissertation. And that's gonna take, oh, another couple of years :O:

But it's still a great milestone to pass!

OK! But I think you've done a good job and deserve rest and recreation,and the second part comes with experience and focus, :DL

Jimbuna 06-14-11 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendor (Post 1683598)
Congratulations on graduation, very well done :DL

Read again :DL

Gerald 06-14-11 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1683626)
Read again :DL

I have the picture very clear, it was a little repetition, but also the sun has its spots....:damn:

Herr-Berbunch 06-14-11 11:36 AM

Well done on the candidacy. You'll be Doctor CCIP I presume :know:

Jimbuna 06-14-11 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1683633)
Well done on the candidacy. You'll be Doctor CCIP I presume :know:

Dr Who? :hmmm:

Good luck CCIP :03:

CCIP 06-14-11 11:53 AM

Thanks! :DL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hottentot (Post 1683622)
Cool! What are you researching?

I'm in the English department, but I work somewhere between language, software design, and medicine - I guess you could call it medical communication. I'll be working as a language expert with doctors and computer scientists to help design medical support and education software for both doctors and patients. I should start meeting with people and settling on a more definite project shortly, but I've been doing that type of stuff on and off for the last couple of years.

Hottentot 06-14-11 12:09 PM

That's...that's so...practical :doh:. Now there's a word I don't hear in these discussions often. Wishing you best of luck with it :up:.

Jimbuna 06-14-11 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1683657)
Thanks! :DL

I'm in the English department, but I work somewhere between language, software design, and medicine - I guess you could call it medical communication. I'll be working as a language expert with doctors and computer scientists to help design medical support and education software for both doctors and patients. I should start meeting with people and settling on a more definite project shortly, but I've been doing that type of stuff on and off for the last couple of years.

Now that sounds very interesting...far to sophisticated for someone of my limited intellectual ability.

I suppose I could say, I created the patients on occasion :DL

CCIP 06-14-11 12:24 PM

I sure hope you didn't create the cancer and diabetes patients that I've primarily been working with :D

But yeah, it's one of my problems with some kinds of academia. I like creative thinking and complicated ideas, but in the back of my mind there's always the question of "okay, great... now how can we use that to solve real day to day problems"? Fortunately though, I'm far from the only one who thinks that way and I've worked with some great people who got me into this :yep:

Betonov 06-14-11 12:52 PM

Good luck CCIP, just don't bury yourself behind books, there's s still a world out there to explore while you're taking a break :up:

Jimbuna 06-14-11 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1683687)
I sure hope you didn't create the cancer and diabetes patients that I've primarily been working with :D

But yeah, it's one of my problems with some kinds of academia. I like creative thinking and complicated ideas, but in the back of my mind there's always the question of "okay, great... now how can we use that to solve real day to day problems"? Fortunately though, I'm far from the only one who thinks that way and I've worked with some great people who got me into this :yep:

Well here's wishing you a long rewarding successful career :sunny:

Betonov 06-14-11 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hottentot (Post 1683447)
Boom! :DL

Bwahahahahahahah :D reading the comics all day, I love it :DL

Gerald 06-14-11 04:18 PM

Since choosing rather comic books every day,so forget the girls in your life, :DL

Betonov 06-14-11 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendor (Post 1683887)
Since choosing rather comic books every day,so forget the girls in your life, :DL

Reds are rarer than comics, so more time to read :DL

Gerald 06-14-11 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betonov (Post 1683895)
Reds are rarer than comics, so more time to read :DL

Your time will come,:up: