SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] Type IX for sh5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233811)

Ashikaga 09-03-20 10:27 PM

Sorry but I consider that answer a shameless plug and it is negating all the work modders have done on Sh5 and TWoS for years. It is not as if we sub gamers who love playing Sh5 all of a sudden will switch over to a co-op sub game with for now, really mediocre graphics.

I would pay for a working IX in the game. But work apparently still is going on to get it one day though I do not know where the rights management or that guy who is trying to buy the game engine coding program stand at the moment.

OLtzS Ashikaga.

divemonkie 09-06-20 06:38 PM

Hey guys, I've been sticking to SH3,...but here awhile back I got this itch to fly IL 2 again and rediscovered Battle of Britain. This sim was a leap forward in flight sims but was BUGGY as hell. So bad the developers threw in the towel.

But a small dedicated group of moders whent to work on it with HAMMERS and TONGS and created a great sim!

Maybe some one here could get in touch with someone over from there and get some pointers, who they talked to about taking over the development, how they organized their team and what kind of deal they made to finish the sim.

they might could help.

In fact they just released an addon Tobruk.

...I wonder If they need Ships to round out there sims?
maybe a trade if SH ships could be ported over?

Ashikaga 09-07-20 12:02 AM

Not sure the Team Fusion guys could help since Ubisoft never relinquished the rights to their faulty game and TFS jas started working closely with the devs on IL2 CloD.

It went so far and they did it so well that IL2 cliffs of Dover Blitz and the Tobruk version are now official Steam releases.

But getting in touch would be a great idea!

OLtsZ Ashikaga.

divemonkie 09-07-20 08:06 AM

Yeah
Ive heard rumors of a pacific theater addon...will need a pacific fleet.

Its worth a talk.
UBI will deal if theres somthing in it for em.

kapuhy 09-07-20 04:03 PM

Creating a functional IX for SH5 should be technically possible - most needed things I can think of are - or probably are - moddable. The major problem would be manpower - you can probably count all active modders creating content for SH5 at the moment on your fingers, and playable IX boat is a massive undertaking for one person.

Links to mkiii's screenshots in this thread don't seem to be working so it's hard to tell how far he got with it. Hopefully, he'll return and pick it up one day, or at least allow other modder to continue his work.

If mkiii won't return and someone would try to start from scratch, I think best course of action would be to start with non-playable IX first (like GrenSo's XXI currently in the making), then when this is finished move on to "fake IX" aka exterior of IX with interior of VII, making this playable would not be as daunting - perhaps possible for single modder - and still a huge leap forward. Then, work on interior of the boat, which would be most time consuming part.

Ashikaga 09-09-20 04:50 PM

Well if someone can mod a new liberty ship in I see no reason why a skin graft of a IX with a VIIC/41 interior would not work. And these interiors were not so different as you might think, bar some extra width and length.

The real difference in interior layout came with the type XXI.

OLtzS Ashikaga.

mkiii 10-25-20 07:37 AM

my apologies for the prolonged abscence, been a rather poor couple of years,
got divorced, had a heart attack, both parents passed away, the last thing on my mind was modding.
had to use the old laptop and came across the files,been trying to get back up to speed with things,

vdr1981 10-25-20 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkiii (Post 2702712)
my apologies for the prolonged abscence, been a rather poor couple of years,
got divorced, had a heart attack, both parents passed away, the last thing on my mind was modding.
had to use the old laptop and came across the files,been trying to get back up to speed with things,

Heeeyy Mkiii welcome, welcome back! :salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:
I'm sorry to hear all that. I knew that something big must have happen... :l

Welcome back again friend! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

mkiii 10-25-20 10:48 AM

Cheers Vecko :Kaleun_Salute:
noticed the new version of TWOS. you`ve been busy it seems, I will have to install it and make my files compatible, still on 2.1 here.
just finished a new hull, working on a new conning tower. hopefully it will get rid of the glitches moving from outside to inside

mkiii 10-25-20 02:34 PM

https://streamable.com/5201r2

if it works!
ignore the obvious glitches, its the old conning tower, not finished the new one yet. and the deck gun

Demon777 10-26-20 03:11 AM

:up::up::up:

Muckenberg 10-26-20 12:55 PM

Welcome back. Your submarine looks incredible. :Kaleun_Applaud: Really, really nice work. And once again, "Welcome aboard" :Kaleun_Salute:

Texas Red 10-26-20 08:23 PM

Welcome back!

That submarine looks incredddibllleeeee....

I will be the first one to download the moment it goes live! :salute:

skin-nl 10-27-20 02:05 PM

Welcome back mkiii :salute:
That type IX looks very sexy :up:

d@rk51d3 10-31-20 07:51 PM

Very nice.