SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Eternal Patrol (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Very sad day: Capt. Zeb Alford passes away (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154534)

FADM Gryphon 08-12-09 09:47 PM

Liljoentx asked if I could make a pic with all of Zeb's Commands so here it is. More crowded that I would like but I wanted to leave the patches big enough to read.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/dristen/zeb2.png

Sledgehammer427 08-12-09 10:38 PM

He fought the good fight... R.I.P

Silverwolf 08-12-09 11:59 PM

Though I'm new here and never met him he sounds like a man who's done great things in his life time. R.I.P

liljoentx 08-13-09 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FADM Gryphon (Post 1149844)
Liljoentx asked if I could make a pic with all of Zeb's Commands so here it is. More crowded than I would like, but I wanted to leave the patches big enough to read.

You did great, Gryphon!

Bravo Zulu!

Onkel Neal 08-13-09 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL (Post 1149622)
@ Neal

Can Capt Zeb be added to our Eternal Patrol list please ?

I think it would be fitting. :yep:

Roger that, done.

longam 08-13-09 08:11 AM

Rest in Peace Captain.

momo55 08-13-09 08:59 AM

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends .

Catherine Barton 08-13-09 10:43 AM

Uncle Zeb says, "DRIVE!"

Uncle Zeb was an encourager. He helped instill courage in me and others.
I had to relocate to Phoenix, AZ from Jackson, MS mid life all by myself with little money, no contacts, no help.
I was nervous about driving by myself from MS to AZ. This was in 1994. No cell phone or GPS, just a map. I told Uncle Zeb my concerns. He barked at me and said in a very firm voice," DRIVE!". I said," I do not know if I can do it". He said," DRIVE!". I drove.
That trip turned out to be good for me.
I had a flat tire and before I could get out of the car, a trucker with an 18 wheeler was at my window asking if I needed him to fix my flat. He did and followed me to a truck stop and oversaw the repair and guided me back to the Interstate. He would take no money. Inside his cab was a pregnant girl he had picked up. She was about due, had little money and was trying to get to California to family to help her. I said to him, "Since you will not take the money, will you give her money for food?". I think about that trucker now and then. I hope he has many blessings coming his way.
Had not Uncle Zeb encouraged me I maybe would not have made it to Arizona where I live today.
Thank you, Uncle Zeb, for all you did for me.

CTU_Clay 08-13-09 10:58 AM

I am sorry I did not see this topic earler.

Neal and Catherine;
I am so sad to hear of your loss of a Friend, Uncle, and a Great American Citizen. It is men like Zeb, that has kept our United States a free nation. He will be missed.
God Bless Him and His Family.

R. Clay Reynolds SR
Houston, TX 77093

jimimadrid 08-13-09 11:23 AM

Back from vacation and reading this bad news.

My condolences to his family. Rest in peace Zeb.

Admiral Von Gerlach 08-13-09 12:29 PM

Peggy what a wonderful story, I think the Zeb story collection has already begun here :) Catherine, i am glad he was able to give you the courage for your shift to AZ, i too made such a move, in fact quite a few of them but one of them was to Fountain Hills, AZ, and that was part of a life changing part of my life too. We never know what our voyages may bring us, but the most important first step is to leave port...and head out to the open sea. Captain Zeb is there ahead of us all, and his example stands as a beacon to guide us all. God Bless you all, family and comrades. and that is a fine collection updaed pic Gryphon, what a fine fleet of commands he had :)

patti 08-13-09 12:54 PM

Patti

:yeah:
Quote:

Originally Posted by FADM Gryphon (Post 1149844)
Liljoentx asked if I could make a pic with all of Zeb's Commands so here it is. More crowded that I would like but I wanted to leave the patches big enough to read.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/dristen/zeb2.png

This just gets better every day . Thank you so much for the update, even though it is crowded, it is great and really shows what our Dad did.
You are awesome

Anvart 08-13-09 01:14 PM

You have gone the long and glorious life path Capt. Zeb Alford ... :salute:
Eternal memory of you ... and
Rest in peace ...

FADM Gryphon 08-13-09 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljoentx (Post 1149995)
You did great, Gryphon!

Bravo Zulu!

Thank you and your welcome.

FADM Gryphon 08-13-09 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patti (Post 1150148)
:yeah:

This just gets better every day . Thank you so much for the update, even though it is crowded, it is great and really shows what our Dad did.
You are awesome

No Problem glad I was able to do this.