SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Mods Workshop for Cold Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   [WIP] NORTH ATLANTIC 2004 Campaign (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232337)

LTJGBeam 08-05-17 11:59 PM

The 2004 Campaign's next update will occur in a week or two. I was on-call at work for the month of July and so have had less time to work on it.

The next update will be adding a 2004 Campaign from the Russian view point. It's taking a bit of time, as I am having to create the US Navy, Royal Navy and Royal Norwegian Navy ships, by modding the existing Russian surface vessels.

Here is an example of the O.H. PERRY Class FFG:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=9530

Note the single arm MK 13 Missile Launcher. That was a bit tedious to implement. But I wanted to do more than just rename the soviet ships...

Anyway, more to come...

LTJGBeam 08-20-17 03:02 PM

Mod Update # 4: Date:08/20/2017
Added USS VIRGINIA-class SSN 774. While only USS Virginia was in commission in 2004, in the interest of playability, I have made all of the Block I SSN-774 available in the 2004 Campaign. I have to thank Goldfish716 for coming up with his Pump Jet technique. It vastly improves the look of VIRGINIA and SEAWOLF (as well as other subs in the mod)!

Tubes 7 & 8 should now be working properly on Seawolf, Akula, and Sierra. Thanks to KILLERFISH GAMES for the fix on that.

Added the UUM-125A Sea Lance to the 2004 Campaigns. While cancelled in reality, in the conjectural WWIII of COLD WATERS, it has been highly requested in the Mod. Thanks to LeopardDriver, The Bandit, and ETR2(SS) here on SUBSIM.COM for supplying the information that got this working completely!

Added the Royal Navy to the 2004 NATO Campaign. Swiftsure-class SSN, Trafalgar-class SSN, Upholder-class SS are playable. Based out of Holy Loch/Falsane.

Updated SSN 21 Seawolf model to add the Pump Jet using Goldfish716's Technique. Thanks again to him for coming up with the technique, and for designing the spreadsheet that make implementing this a breeze.

Added a new RUSSIAN 2004 Campaign that exists alongside the the original campaigns, and the 2004 NATO Campaign. Same back story as 2004 Campaign, but played from Russian POV. Akula I, Akula II, Sierra I, Sierra II, Victor III, Victor II, Alpha class SSN's and Kilo, Tango class SS's are Playable. Home Port is Murmansk, and Opponents are US, UK, and Norwegian Vessels and Submarines (modified from the Russian Surface Ships and Subs, since we can't access the models, but with modifications made using existing components).

All Modded Subs and Ships should now properly display damage when hit by weapons.

This Mod Update has been tested/synced with the 1.07c Beta Update. Please report any glitches encountered.

mcpousnret 08-20-17 07:55 PM

No Virginia

I installed the 107 c Beta. I also installed the 2004 Campaign and there is no Virginia. What the heck did this un-trainable Masterchief Snipe foul up? Thanks so much for the great Mods. 107 c is a tad buggy, not complaining, it will come out in the wash. Most likely operator error. You guys are the best. Any help would be appreciated.
:salute:

LTJGBeam 08-20-17 10:36 PM

Please try re-downloading, and installing. When I tried downloading it, I was getting the same issue. I updated campaign and re-uploaded the Mod. Worked when I downloaded just now.

Let me know if it works for you.

Aktungbby 08-21-17 12:09 AM

welcome aboard!

mcpousnret:Kaleun_Salute:!

ChaosphereIX 08-21-17 02:03 AM

great update, nice to see the UK subs in there

however, I cannot reload tubes in my Trafalgar. I hit R, nothing happens...I have plenty of SF in the hold...but nobody seems to want to obey orders and put them in tubes...

LTJGBeam 08-21-17 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2507795)
great update, nice to see the UK subs in there

however, I cannot reload tubes in my Trafalgar. I hit R, nothing happens...I have plenty of SF in the hold...but nobody seems to want to obey orders and put them in tubes...

I was unable to duplicate this this morning. Can you give me a little more detail? Campaign or Mission? I will attempt to duplicate this evening after work.

mcpousnret 08-21-17 03:24 PM

Virginia

Re-loaded as instruction. Ops normal, USS Virginia on station and currently on patrol. I actually feel sorry for those Rusky Bastards. Thanks again LtJg Bean.

Masterchief sends

LTJGBeam 08-21-17 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpousnret (Post 2507969)
Re-loaded as instruction. Ops normal, USS Virginia on station and currently on patrol. I actually feel sorry for those Rusky Bastards. Thanks again LtJg Bean.

Masterchief sends

Very well, Master Chief. Carry on.

ChaosphereIX 08-22-17 05:28 PM

well I can now reload torpedoes in the Trafalgar, but now my game crashes every time I try and classify a Sierra II or something similar

this happens every time, I cannot scroll past the Sierras when attempting to classify or the game will crash

LTJGBeam 08-22-17 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2508192)
well I can now reload torpedoes in the Trafalgar, but now my game crashes every time I try and classify a Sierra II or something similar

this happens every time, I cannot scroll past the Sierras when attempting to classify or the game will crash

I have never seen that. I will attempt to duplicate when I get home. Mission? Or Campaign?

ChaosphereIX 08-22-17 05:56 PM

campaign

although, as of 5 minutes ago it didnt do it

strange

LTJGBeam 08-22-17 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2508199)
campaign

although, as of 5 minutes ago it didnt do it

strange

Didn't happen on first two attempts, third time it did. Tracked it down to the SIERRA II being named wp_ssn_akulu2 in the summary file for the campaigns. Apparently my fingers are not as dexterous as my brain; or vice-versa. Corrected and re-uploaded. That appears to have resolved it. Thanks, and please let me know if you encounter anything else.

Mod Update # 4a: Date:08/22/2017
Hot Fix to resolve an intermittent crash when attempting to classify SIERRA II in the Campaign. Thanks to ChaosphereIX for reporting this.

Also renamed the Mod to 2004 Campaign (NATO and RUSSIAN).

The mod started out as Seawolf, Los Angeles Flt II & Flt III and grew from there. The Title had gotten long and confusing.

Link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5258

ChaosphereIX 08-25-17 09:25 PM

another issue - game freezes on post battle screen. Happened more than once.

First mission on Russian side in a new campaign, sank the Ula. Left battle. Then screen with no text or images. Nothing. Game froze.

I find this is a problem in both 2004 and Captain's More Subs mod. Russian side campaigns are just broken in this regard, I dunno what the problem is. Have encountered it many times in both mods. NATO campaigns seem to be fine.

LTJGBeam 08-28-17 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2508832)
another issue - game freezes on post battle screen. Happened more than once.

First mission on Russian side in a new campaign, sank the Ula. Left battle. Then screen with no text or images. Nothing. Game froze.

I find this is a problem in both 2004 and Captain's More Subs mod. Russian side campaigns are just broken in this regard, I dunno what the problem is. Have encountered it many times in both mods. NATO campaigns seem to be fine.

That is really confusing. I made the 2004 Russian Campaign by cloning the 2004 NATO Campaign (which is the 1984 Campaign cloned) and then modified Missions and Event Text...

I will see if I can duplicate this as well. Maybe there is some thing changed in 1.07c that I missed sync'ing.

vicj 08-29-17 06:24 PM

having problems with 2004 mod

having probs with 2004 mod downloaded it and cant get the game to work at all now ive deleted the game and reinstalled it but still cant get it to run any ideas

goldfish716 08-30-17 02:13 PM

Glad to see some of the duct work and such working for you.

I recently added that little ramp to the Virginia and Seawolf sail. It is pretty sweet --made out of a dozen or so TASM canisters set at different angles. You are welcome to use that if it suits you.

LTJGBeam 09-01-17 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicj (Post 2509506)
having probs with 2004 mod downloaded it and cant get the game to work at all now ive deleted the game and reinstalled it but still cant get it to run any ideas

Can you tell me which 2004 Campaign you were attempting to run, the 2004 NATO or 2004 RUSSIA? Usually a full clean install solves any issues.

Does the Single Missions screen still load fully? Are there 12 Missions, with the last being TEST NATO SHIPS?

Are the original 1984 and 1968 Campaigns available in addition to the 2004 Campaign and 2004 Campaign - Russia?

Does the Unit Reference work?

Additional details may help me resolve this.

LTJGBeam 09-01-17 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldfish716 (Post 2509630)
Glad to see some of the duct work and such working for you.

I recently added that little ramp to the Virginia and Seawolf sail. It is pretty sweet --made out of a dozen or so TASM canisters set at different angles. You are welcome to use that if it suits you.

Yes thanks for giving me permission to use the ducts! The spreadsheet is a great tool! I gave you credit in the UNIT REFERENCE for your work on the ducts. The VIRGINIA, SEAWOLF, and others boats appearances were greatly improved using your technique. BRAVO ZULU to you!

I'll take a look at the sail fairing on your Virginia. I guess I'll have to download the latest version of the Playable Russian Subs again.

Thanks again for your efforts.

bandit484 09-02-17 12:07 AM

with the new 107d update out now will this mod work with it, or do we need to wait for you to update your mod?