SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Charts Addon (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=197685)

ninja turtle 01-19-13 11:40 AM

I tried installing in the order you said but no joy. Oh well! I'll just carry on and try and sink ships. Thanks for the help :D

sublynx 01-20-13 12:42 AM

Damn. I have no idea of anything else you could try to get it working.:timeout:

Maybe you can print some of the charts on paper - that is how I played before I managed to make this mod. Here's a link where you'll find the ship recognition pictures in pdf format:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1487

Good luck on sinking those ships :arrgh!:

brett25 01-20-13 03:40 AM

this may be a long shot ninja turtle, but make sure when you click on the charts addon folder, your next folder inside that is the data folder, etc. Sometimes the way zip files work is you may see another charts addon folder inside the first one, if this is the case the mod will not be installing in JGSME. Usually a sign that the mod is installing will be a JGSME warning that you are about to overwrite this or that file, which is what you want to do....good luck :salute:

sublynx 01-20-13 08:14 AM

What this mod does in a nutshell is it

1. adds pictures (copy paste tga files)
2. tells SH3 where to find those pictures (edit menu_1024_768.ini)
3. tells SH3 where to show those pictures (edit menu_1024_768.ini)

If menu_1024_768.ini is messed up SH3 will most likely crash when loading. So my hunch is the same as brett25's: probably SH3 can't find the pictures and it might be useful to doublecheck that the pictures really are in the folder where they should be (SH3/data/menu/gui/layout).

Anvar1061 01-20-13 12:39 PM

In archive not correct way. There is no Menu folder.

ninja turtle 01-20-13 03:12 PM

First of all thank you so much for the help I'm getting in this post. @brett25 I'll recheck what I tried to put in JSGME tomorrow after work. I'm sure I checked whether the folder was correct with the data folder inside but with my track record of installing mods...who knows? :88) @sublynx I've downloaded your link with pdf files and will definitely be using them as a guide/tutorial...a bit of bedtime reading when I'm away with work and away from my games pc and as assistance when playing :up: I'll keep you updated on this thread if I have any joy with the mod...or not. Thanks again guys :D

ninja turtle 01-21-13 08:31 AM

Well I've checked the folder for the mod and I have: 'data', 'make your own charts', 'menu_1024_768.ini', and 'readme and installation.doc' sub folders within. I put the whole folder with the other contents (as it contains 'data') into JSGME but it doesn't seem to work.:nope:

sublynx 01-21-13 10:31 AM

I think Anvar1061 has solved this problem, thank a million :up: I seem to have made some kind of mistake in packing my mod and the folder path is wrong :oops:

I'll make a new archive package of my mod with a correct folder structure and hopefully JSGME works as it should after that. I believe I'll have time to upload the corrected mod package tonight.

If not or you don't want to waste time waiting or downloading, just unpack the mod and change the folder path yourselves:

The tga files are now in a folder Charts addon/data/gui/layout
The tga files should be in a folder Charts addon/data/menu/gui/layout

1. Unpack the archive
2. Open folder Charts addon/data
3. Add a new folder and name it menu
4. Cut folder gui
5. Go to folder menu
6. Paste folder gui

After that it should work through JSGME.

I'll post again after having uploaded a corrected version of my mod.

sublynx 01-21-13 11:06 AM

Ok. Now the file in downloads section should be a new corrected one.

Please let me know if it works or if there still is a problem of some sorts. :ping:

ninja turtle 01-21-13 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublynx (Post 1996526)
I think Anvar1061 has solved this problem, thank a million :up: I seem to have made some kind of mistake in packing my mod and the folder path is wrong :oops:

I'll make a new archive package of my mod with a correct folder structure and hopefully JSGME works as it should after that. I believe I'll have time to upload the corrected mod package tonight.

If not or you don't want to waste time waiting or downloading, just unpack the mod and change the folder path yourselves:

The tga files are now in a folder Charts addon/data/gui/layout
The tga files should be in a folder Charts addon/data/menu/gui/layout

1. Unpack the archive
2. Open folder Charts addon/data
3. Add a new folder and name it menu
4. Cut folder gui
5. Go to folder menu
6. Paste folder gui

After that it should work through JSGME.

I'll post again after having uploaded a corrected version of my mod.

Fantastic news!! :up: I'll wait till you've updated it and download the amended version. I take it I should delete the previous charts add on? Thanks @Anvar1061. I saw your reply but had no idea what it meant :88) Looking forward to using your mod finally :arrgh!:

sublynx 01-21-13 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja turtle (Post 1996558)
I take it I should delete the previous charts add on?

I think that would be wisest. Let's hope the new version works for you :up:

ninja turtle 01-21-13 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublynx (Post 1996553)
Ok. Now the file in downloads section should be a new corrected one.

Please let me know if it works or if there still is a problem of some sorts. :ping:

Well I've tried, but no joy. It comes up with "Dials1b.tga" has already been altered by the "MaGui F" mod. but when I agreed I haven't seen any difference within the game. I downloaded from "SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Downloads > Silent Hunter III > Graphics mods-Charts addon" (I'm assuming that the updated version was put here?). However I also tried it by taking away MaGui F as well. Thank you for your patience. What would be embarrassing is that it is working and I've not even noticed the charts :doh:

sublynx 01-21-13 03:49 PM

It sounds like you got it working now, but I wonder why it still does not work... Some of the charts only slide visible if you take your mouse cursor to the left, right or upper edge of the picture.

You should all the time see this however in bridge view:

http://i.imgur.com/mcX6b80.jpg

The charts in this picture you have to drag up and down with your mouse cursor.

ninja turtle 01-21-13 04:59 PM

Thanks for the reply and image. I have found pull outs in certain stations within the sub such as compass, ship speed, torpedo info but I think they are from MaGui or GWX. I still only get a recon book. Will try again tomorrow...it's a mystery.

sublynx 01-21-13 05:31 PM

That means it's still not working.

If you still have the motivation to keep trying to solve this mystery, could you post a screenshot like this for me, when you have installed the mod in JSGME?

http://i.imgur.com/zx9CdlH.jpg

That would make it clear for me that the files are where they should be.

ninja turtle 01-21-13 07:02 PM

Attachment 125

I hope this is okay. I've never made a screenshot before let alone send it so I'm learning...slowly!! :up:

ninja turtle 01-21-13 07:03 PM

Don't know how you sent your image so clear and large!! :hmm2:

sublynx 01-22-13 03:26 AM

It seems ok to me, so no help there. (BTW, my picture was bigger because www.imgur.com has that kind of picture size as a default)

I haven't much experience on Steam and I was wondering if that could make things somehow more difficult. I wouldn't know though. I only have Fallout: New Vegas as a Steam version.

What mods are you using and have you tried the mod without any other mods except GWX and MaGui F?

sublynx 01-22-13 04:52 AM

Ok now I think I got it. The problem seems to be that menu_1072_768.ini is not working properly - so I checked the package again. I found another careless mistake for JSGME users. Menu_1072_768.ini file is in a wrong place in the package. JSGME can't find it from where it is now, I think.

How to fix.

1. Unpack mod package.
2. Cut Menu_1072_768.ini
3. Move to data/menu
4. Paste.

I'll make another (yet again!) updated version of the mod to the downloads section in minute or two - which hopefully works as it should work :doh:

sublynx 01-22-13 05:20 AM

The file in the downloads section is now corrected. Keeping my fingers crossed now for a week or two :D