SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [TEC] SH5 Mission Editor Q&D Tutorial (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164578)

kylania 03-14-10 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlSteiner (Post 1315179)
Hi Kylania,

a relly good jor your tutorial.:up:

I had seen some lines about the ME, but all them are placet
to the high seas.
No picture or lines in harbors directely.
Therefore let me take three questions about this theme, please!

1.) How can I add minefields and antisubnets?
I cannot find any clickpoints in ordnance/roster for them.

These seem to be missing from the Roster which is why they aren't showing up. However, if you create the config files as they were in SH4 the editor errors out saying there's no platform for them and crashes. Perhaps mine fields were never finished for SH5? I'm not familiar enough with the editor to figure out how to restore them, for now. :)

2.) What means the icon "Map LOcation Edit Mod" ?

Info coming in a bit, trying to figure out what all the options do. Basically it's a mode that lets you configure a Map Location you put down, like when it displays where the Carrier should be in the 3rd mission for example.

3.) How can I see the harbor_boudaries and kais?

I can't seem to find a way to see them in the editor. :(

It would be a geat help to me if you can answer to this questions.

Best regards

Karl

See above.

piri_reis 03-14-10 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania (Post 1315719)
See above.

When you say harbour boundaries, are you talking about this?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=29

kylania 03-14-10 05:34 PM

How amazingly intuitive!! :-?

Thanks for that, it's been confusing me all this time. Great find!

KarlSteiner 03-15-10 12:42 PM

Hi Kylania,
hi Piri REis,

thanks for your help.:sunny:

Best regards

Karl:up:

W_clear 03-16-10 02:33 AM

no plb

reaper7 03-16-10 05:13 PM

Just a quick post in case it hasn't been mentioned before.
But I couldn't get my Game mission to save as .misge (Only option was .mis) untill I selected from the menu options Player=Axis (Default was Player=Allies).
Once changed was able to select between .mis and .misge :up:

kylania 03-16-10 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1319419)
But I couldn't get my Game mission to save as .misge (Only option was .mis) untill I selected from the menu options Player=Axis (Default was Player=Allies).

Yeah, I was talking to makman94 about this eariler. I'm considering putting this slide in my tutorial, but not sure if it makes sense. Comments?

Quote:

In the mission editor you'll run across Project Names, Mission Names and Mission File Names. Here's how they work:

You'll need a Project somewhere to gain access to working with missions. For single
player missions however they aren't strickly required. You can have a single player mission without having all the campaign and project files along with it.

When you start a new mission you'll give it a name. That name will appear in the right side of the mission editor. The end user won't see this name though, they'll see the Mission
Title you set for it.

The most important thing is that your mission folder and mission file match. Like this:

\data\SingleMissions\MyMission folder should have at minimum MyMission.misge and MyMission.tsr in it. That's all you need. :) The tsr file is created when you save the mis.

You'll also note that the mission editor saves as *.mis. You'll need to change that to *.misge in order to see the missions in game. Do this when you save or later in Windows Explorer.
I'm not really happy with the wording. :/ Also think I need more about the project, but still fuzzy myself about them. :) Currently I just have a blank Project I use essentially to start the editor, haven't made a campaign yet, but soon!

LukeFF 03-16-10 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1319419)

Thanks! I was wondering how to go about this.

ddrgn 03-17-10 04:04 PM

Anyone figure out how to add mines and subnets?

I see files (new files) for them, I cant seem to add them the same way we used to.

Anyone even see any of them in the game anywhere?

kylania 03-17-10 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrgn (Post 1320928)
Anyone figure out how to add mines and subnets?

I see files (new files) for them, I cant seem to add them the same way we used to.

Anyone even see any of them in the game anywhere?

I'd asked this in the ME Discussion thread and never got a response. When I tried to add them to the editor it broke horribly. Maybe we'll get them back with a patch?

Do any of the current campaigns have mines? I looked through a bunch but didn't see any...

ddrgn 03-17-10 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania (Post 1321294)
I'd asked this in the ME Discussion thread and never got a response. When I tried to add them to the editor it broke horribly. Maybe we'll get them back with a patch?

Do any of the current campaigns have mines? I looked through a bunch but didn't see any...

I got the same problem adding them, red cross through the editor. I have also looked, seems as though SH5 has no subnets or mines, very unfortunate for us port raiders.... liking a challenge of course

bigboywooly 03-20-10 10:52 AM

There is a dummy minefield dat in the Liibrary along with the NavalMine dat from previous version though is only 1kb
Maybe something not implemented by the devs
yet
No campaign mis files reference any mines or subnets though the miss ed does

Maybe they just not ingame

T-Bone 03-20-10 02:59 PM

Deck Gun

How do you man deck gun ? When I man deck gun through through the Officer Of The Watch the deck gun operates fine. When I press key F5 to operate manualy nothing happens.[AA gun is the same] Am I doing something wrong ? Any help will be appreciated.

kylania 03-20-10 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bone (Post 1325718)
How do you man deck gun ? When I man deck gun through through the Officer Of The Watch the deck gun operates fine. When I press key F5 to operate manualy nothing happens.[AA gun is the same] Am I doing something wrong ? Any help will be appreciated.

From binocs when you see the red + on a ship hit spacebar to fire or stop firing. The deck gun will automatically be manned.

To unman the gun surface your boat, even if you're already on the surface.

Hopefully this broken feature will be fixed with the next patch, but till then that's the workaround.

Chebawookee 03-28-10 01:56 PM

Hi all,

today i played with the me the first time.
But i have one problem. Every unit i place in the editor appears as 2 in the game. If i set no placement radius, they appear at the very same point. They are melted together and for the ai it takes serveral minutes until they separat from each other. One of the units follows its waypoints then, the other one does not move from the spawn point.
I checked the mission-file there is only one unit per placed unit.
I have no problems with the stock missions every think works fine here.
Did i missed something?

TIA
Chebawookee

Edit: Solved it! Saving of the mission was the problem.

KodiakPA 03-28-10 03:11 PM

How do you edit detection percentage and report frequency. Every time I play with it I hose my mission up.

kylania 03-28-10 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KodiakPA (Post 1338121)
How do you edit detection percentage and report frequency. Every time I play with it I hose my mission up.

I played with that a little, but nothing i changed seem to make much of a difference. Hopefully someone smarter than I can explain it! :O:

Denis4510 04-07-10 08:05 PM

Excellent works guys thanks

kylania 04-09-10 10:25 PM

Updated with some new info about player sides, viewing harbors and objectives. :DL

tonschk 04-17-10 06:16 AM

:rock: Thank you , this is very helpful :yeah: