SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Danevang's Paint Shop 1.0 (skin pack) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164424)

EgoApocalypse 03-18-10 11:20 AM

Looking forward to the new ones.:yeah:

Danevang 03-18-10 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danevang (Post 1321011)
It will be added tomorrow!

It will be one more day before the next version, containing all the skins from the stock game, will be ready. Sorry, studies are stealing my time... :oops:

DarkFolle 03-18-10 05:30 PM

D/L link broken:hmmm:

Danevang 03-18-10 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFolle (Post 1322842)
D/L link broken:hmmm:

It's not, it's just Filefront acting up, it does that sometimes. Try the link a few times and it will work. :)

subaru 03-18-10 09:12 PM

thanks a lot!:salute:

Danevang 03-19-10 03:56 AM

Grrr, I can't get the thread title to change on the mods main page. I've changed it to version 1.1, but it still shows 1.0 on that page. Does anyone know how to make it change to the latest updated thread title?

Fansadox 03-19-10 07:32 AM

Thx when can we expect the other camo's?

rsvette12 03-19-10 07:54 AM

Huge thanks Pal, appreciate it, take care. :yeah::yeah:

Rich

etheberge 03-20-10 12:09 AM

Good work with this :yeah:

Danevang 03-21-10 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fansadox (Post 1323479)
Thx when can we expect the other camo's?

I'm a bit held up by studies at the moment, but it shouldn't be long, I just need to work out a few things with the .dds format and such. I can't quite work out which .dds format to save the new skins as, I've tryed every one in the Photoshop .dds plugin, but they don't seem to work. I'll have it sorted out soon though. :)

wamphyri 03-21-10 05:19 AM

danevang .. check out this thread. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165563

Danevang 03-21-10 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wamphyri (Post 1326355)

Thanks a lot. :DL That will probably speed up things. I'll keep you posted on the new skins as soon as there is progress. :salute:

Fansadox 03-22-10 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danevang (Post 1327065)
Thanks a lot. :DL That will probably speed up things. I'll keep you posted on the new skins as soon as there is progress. :salute:

Gl sailor !

oscar19681 03-29-10 01:13 PM

I have a problem with this mod. I did my first mission with the spotted camouflage in the med with this mod. But on my second patrol in the med my camouflage is gone again!!! I tried everything i tried reload in base several times , i made sure that the camouflage actually was selected in base. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the mod in JGME , tried installing the mod manually but still no joy AARRRGGGHHH!! Its suck that the freakin camouflage needs a mod in the first place! I fear that i,m gradually loosing interest in sh-5 despite being so confident when i first got it.

alexradu89 03-29-10 01:29 PM

Fantastic job Danevang! :yeah:

Danevang 03-29-10 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 1339435)
I have a problem with this mod. I did my first mission with the spotted camouflage in the med with this mod. But on my second patrol in the med my camouflage is gone again!!! I tried everything i tried reload in base several times , i made sure that the camouflage actually was selected in base. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the mod in JGME , tried installing the mod manually but still no joy AARRRGGGHHH!! Its suck that the freakin camouflage needs a mod in the first place! I fear that i,m gradually loosing interest in sh-5 despite being so confident when i first got it.

Hmm, that does sound strange...

I'm not quite sure what could be causing that, but a few things does spring to mind:

-Did you get a new conning tower? That would require that you install the proper new camouflage via the mod folders. (this of cause also applies to a new u-boat)

-Try selecting the standard paint scheme in the base, before your next patrol. The mod replaces the standart non camouflage paint job for the relevant u-boat/conning tower combination.

-The paint scheme shown in base is sometimes not the one actually applied to the boat, did you start the patrol, and still have the problem, or did you only try reloading in base?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 1339435)
I fear that i,m gradually loosing interest in sh-5 despite being so confident when i first got it.

I know the feeling, I had to redownload and reinstall all my Ubisoft games today, because of a problem with the Ubi Launcher...they're testing my nerves! :damn:

I'll see if I can't think of more things that could be causing this, if the few things I just mentioned didn't work. :salute:

Danevang 03-29-10 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexradu89 (Post 1339465)
Fantastic job Danevang! :yeah:

Thanks, I'm glad someone is finding the mod useful, I certainly know that I felt a bit disappointed when I found out that my brand new camo wasn't showing in game! :cry:

Just a little update by the way, I've found info on various Kriegsmarine
u-boat colours, primer paints, camouflage patterns etc. so as soon as my exam project is done, I'll give work on those those new skins a big push! Just to let you know that I haven't forgotten about them! :DL

oscar19681 03-29-10 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danevang (Post 1339513)
Hmm, that does sound strange...

I'm not quite sure what could be causing that, but a few things does spring to mind:

-Did you get a new conning tower? That would require that you install the proper new camouflage via the mod folders. (this of cause also applies to a new u-boat)

-Try selecting the standard paint scheme in the base, before your next patrol. The mod replaces the standart non camouflage paint job for the relevant u-boat/conning tower combination.

-The paint scheme shown in base is sometimes not the one actually applied to the boat, did you start the patrol, and still have the problem, or did you only try reloading in base?

I know the feeling, I had to redownload and reinstall all my Ubisoft games today, because of a problem with the Ubi Launcher...they're testing my nerves! :damn:

I'll see if I can't think of more things that could be causing this, if the few things I just mentioned didn't work. :salute:

No new conning tower. Just standart VIIC with spotted camouflage . I have it installed in JGME as force type viic camo c. What i dont understand is why the VIIC,s in the pictures are only represented with the extra flak conning tower. Isnt there an option for the standart VIIC conning tower?

oscar19681 03-29-10 04:14 PM

Downloaded you latest version. But there is also no option to select the camo c for the standart VIIC. There only is an option for the upgraded VIIC.

Danevang 03-29-10 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 1339593)
What i dont understand is why the VIIC,s in the pictures are only represented with the extra flak conning tower. Isnt there an option for the standart VIIC conning tower?

Yeah...that's because I got lazy, and didn't want to make that many pictures, of each boat individually. The images are just to illustrate how the camo looks, and which types and conning towers it is available for. Both the type B & C camo c pictures are of the same boat, as you only need to see what the camo looks like, and what boats you can apply it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 1339718)
Downloaded you latest version. But there is also no option to select the camo c for the standart VIIC. There only is an option for the upgraded VIIC.

That's because the game only comes with type VIIC camo c for the upgraded tower. Yeah, the developers really did a great job... :nope: I'm planning on converting the camouflages in the next version, so that all camouflages can be applied to all boats. (as the developers SHOULD have done in the stock game!)