SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mod Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Index of Stickied topics + RA Mod Discussion here (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145517)

MR. Wood 12-20-08 01:46 PM

yes more playables along with more units in db fo ai:rock:

Janus 12-20-08 02:17 PM

Okay, sounds good and I downloaded it. But is there a way to make this work with non-english version of Dangerous Waters?

MR. Wood 12-20-08 03:54 PM

That I don't know:ping:

Janus 12-20-08 04:03 PM

I've tried some things with the german version but it did not work so I guess it really is incompatible. I already ordered the english version now. I should have bought the english version from the beginning but back then I did not know that the localized versions are pretty much incompatible with any user crated contents (LWAMI etc.) :roll:

So, do the new drivable platforms use the same interfaces like the standard platforms, I mean do you have to drive around in a Delta-IV with 688I or Akula sonar display and ship control screen... or are there new interfaces?

PeriscopeDepth 12-21-08 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janus
I've tried some things with the german version but it did not work so I guess it really is incompatible. I already ordered the english version now. I should have bought the english version from the beginning but back then I did not know that the localized versions are pretty much incompatible with any user crated contents (LWAMI etc.) :roll:

So, do the new drivable platforms use the same interfaces like the standard platforms, I mean do you have to drive around in a Delta-IV with 688I or Akula sonar display and ship control screen... or are there new interfaces?

The interfaces are redone more than any mod in existence. I don't know if that's to your standards, but as far as interfaces go RA has the best out there AFAIC. :)

PD

Delareon 12-23-08 04:42 AM

is there really no way to get this mod working with german version of the game?
For example LWAMI there you just have to change some filenames and it works perfectly. But this mod comes with an .exe installer as far as i know, so maybe if we get a file list we maybe can change the filenames on our own.

Kapitan 12-26-08 08:43 AM

I am downloading the whole shebang as i write this, i am most impressed so far without playing this, with the level of effort put in by all partys, this now old game is still worth playing and with dedicated people putting thier own time into creating mods and patches means she will live a bit longer.

To the modders and creators thankyou i will give you my views soon on the mod and platforms from a players prospective.

P.S hope theres an udaloy or sovremenny in the works too ! :D

Janus 12-26-08 09:54 AM

Kapitan: Udaloy is already driveable. Only with OHP interfaces though but what more can you expect without proper modding tools ;)

Kapitan 12-26-08 10:39 AM

Well as long as its a good platform to drive which i have no doubt it will be cause the guys working on it are some of the best so once the niggly bits have been cast out we should be left with some good platforms but like everything it does take time and im prepared to wait.

Kapitan 12-26-08 02:15 PM

on my 8th reinstall gentlemen and still havnt figured out how to install it properly yet ive red the read me a few dozen times but still no go any help will be appreciated.

regards

MR. Wood 12-26-08 03:41 PM

OK gentlemen and any ladies this is how I did it and remember unless your on the test team don't complain about any bugs or any other problems until the complete RA is released OK. I installed Dangerous Waters clean added patch 104 installed LwAmi Mod made a copy of all DW folders put them into the mod folder inside of back up folder. Next I installed The RA mod non beta copied all folders except for mod folder after installing. Opened mod folder created new folder Called RA Mod opened it and pasted all folders into it.Then I deleted all folders in the main DW folder except Mod folder. Then went into mod folder and coped everything in the backup folder to the main DW folder so it would work. For the beta version I created a folder Called it RA Beta mod. You have to unrar all 10 folders in order 1 than 2 than 3 and so on till 10 it will ask you to overwrite files and folders for each on say yes or you screw it up and get as mad as me and well lets just say by the time you figure out what you did you be :damn: so be careful take your time after all 10 are in folder and you said yes replace a hundred times :rotfl: put DWX_update folder in there and move it to DW main folder and execute after it installs you might want to create a new folder to put it in mod folders so you can turn off and on easily.Yes I know it take a lot of memory but it's worth it if anyone has a better way were all ears. And remember after you put it in mod folder move a copy of the back up to the Main DW folder. Then you can use the JSGME tool to enable it. Note Both alfa tau and both Ra mods take a little bit to enable give it time it will load it same wirh undoing it. Hope this helps I know its a pain but it's worth it:rock:

Kapitan 12-26-08 05:06 PM

Thankyou my mod is kinda installed without the JSMGE enabler currently pushing a delta IV around seeing how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

Bellman 12-27-08 05:25 AM

Whilst the Ugst and APR-3ME subroc torps recover from cm spoofing in less than 500m.,and start searching again, the Mk 48s can take up to 2000m. Less dazed or fazed, more concussed !

If this is overlooked and not corrected there will be a serious imbalance in gameplay !

Edited 2/1 - I regret that my previous post was rather harsh - down to a severe hangover, I'm afraid. :roll::down:
After all these guys have done some clever stuff. Who knows they may have implemented differential torp reaction to cms. :ping:

MR. Wood 12-27-08 09:44 AM

Look the reason I said don't complain or bitch about bugs unless your on the test team is they don't want everybody pm or complain in the forums they have guys to test bugs !:nope: Do remember that anyone who mods a game for free is doing it in there own free time so try not to piss them off. The RA Mod team didn't want the beta version going every where because of this. So have a good day :gulp:

suBB 12-27-08 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR. Wood
Look the reason I said don't complain or bitch about bugs unless your on the test team is they don't want everybody pm or complain in the forums they have guys to test bugs !:nope: Do remember that anyone who mods a game for free is doing it in there own free time so try not to piss them off. The RA Mod team didn't want the beta version going every where because of this. So have a good day :gulp:

correct me if I'm wrong.. but... the community is the test team. That was the reason for the RA discussion thread & the other forum (i.e. worldwide discussion); to gather feedback from the community / enhance the mod while it's WIP before release.

MR. Wood 12-27-08 01:20 PM

From a RA mod team member Hey They Do Not Want To Hear Any On The Beta They Already Know.

"In some days the basic package DWX ver.1.0 will be ready.
I think it is not necessary to give back Beta - version. It is necessary slightly to wait.
Do not give dust on public.
Now and so all what versions have got confused - will be correct.
I gave BETA the version for the official reports about mistakes.
The mistakes are found and will be necessarily corrected"

Castout and I asked about spreading the beta for all to play but we were asked not to, ok

XabbaRus 12-27-08 05:28 PM

OK guys cool things a bit. The RA guys are doing there thing and the Beta Mod slipped out when maybe it shouldn't have.

When we did SCX Thomas did all the testing and didn't release it till he was happy. Maybe the RA guys will remember that and not let it out until ready.

Ramius 12-27-08 06:06 PM

hmmmm .....DWX ver 1.0 will be ready in a few days.....

Shame really, but I had that version before DW had even hit the shelves. Think i've got a ver 1.2 of DWX lying around somewhere :know:

Kapitan 12-27-08 06:55 PM

Intresting all i know is that the beta version has glitches granted but is good in MP games.

suBB 12-27-08 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapitan
Intresting all i know is that the beta version has glitches granted but is good in MP games.

oh yes, :rock:

I'm really looking forward to RA mod and new mission MP scenarios for the mod, especially dynamic MP. I think RA will be a major contributing factor to dynamic MP. RA has already reduced editing by 2/3 so I'm hoping to see quick turns on MP scenarios.

I've started mission scenario design(on paper) but waiting for next version release before construction. Come to think of it, I'm going to re-do the entire map set I've been working on for all this time from scratch and make it just for RA. Been testing other ways to generate and maintain dynamic MP, but don't really need the mod to run such tests. I can do this with LWAMI

I also think with the presence of additional playable platforms, the mod will allow us to bring mission MP scenarios to life that you've covered in your covert ops documentation(IIRC), in particular, stealth transiting / infiltration and the requirement to arrive at a destination unharmed as win condition(i.e. Ohio vs red ASW forces <--> Delta IV / Oscar / Typhoon vs blue ASW forces).

btw, for quick reference, can you please post a link to your covert ops doc. thx!! :)

can't wait for RA :up: