SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL]OpenHatch_V3_RH released (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104514)

urfisch 01-26-07 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perdu
if i understand well what urfisch is saying, he managed to add the two compartments to thein game commandromm, but they remind dark as no light is defined into them. so he needs help on this point ^^!

yeah. thats right :) and i need help to implement them into sh3. i just added two more rooms to the existing commandroom...so the commandroom object hast now two rooms on each side with the hatch open.

anyway. if someone could help me in getting the room repacked with its textures, please mail!

public(at)stilbureau(dot)com

thx a lot! ;)

ReallyDedPoet 01-26-07 08:43 AM

Thanks for your efforts on this:up: Hopefully somebody will come forward to help.

Dowly 01-26-07 08:46 AM

There shouldnt be any problems impleding the two new compartments to the game. The interior of the sub is just an 3d model, right? And it doesnt matter what you add to the model as long as you dont mess with the original things already in it, right? So, you could take an interior model of a huge church and connect it to the sub interior model and it should work. The interior model of the sub is basically just for eyecandy.

But the tricky part is to make the compartments functional, adding crew members, dials etc.

Pablo 01-26-07 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
But the tricky part is to make the compartments functional, adding crew members, dials etc.

...and closing the watertight doors when the submarine is "rigged for depth charge." ;)

Pablo

GT182 01-26-07 08:57 AM

Outstanding work! :up:

JCWolf 01-26-07 09:03 AM

Yep it is outstanding work,
the problem here i think it's not what he can do,
but what it's hardcoded in SHIII and what This hardcoded Data lets him
implement!...:hmm:

Lanzfeld 01-26-07 09:07 AM

I am a litlle confused. I can already go into the radio compartment on my sub. Why is he doing it again?

danlisa 01-26-07 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld
I am a litlle confused. I can already go into the radio compartment on my sub. Why is he doing it again?

So that from the Control Room you can see all the way through to the Radio Room. i.e No closed doors. If I'm not mistaken, he's added a 'galley' aswell.

Rocking work, now pray to the SH3 Gods that this can actually be added.

Lanzfeld 01-26-07 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:

So that from the Control Room you can see all the way through to the Radio Room. i.e No closed doors. If I'm not mistaken, he's added a 'galley' aswell.

Ahhh...thats right.....the hatch is closed. Cant see in there.

Sorry....too much time in Type II's!

01-26-07 09:14 AM

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for this working, but I don't think it's gonna be so easy to implement it into the game. I believe some modders tried this before, but a lot of the game is hard-coded, so it couldn't be done. And it's a lot more than just dials that need to be added... it's also adding extra cameras and such, which might also be hard-coded. :-? I guess what I am trying to say is that all of us modders have (at one time or another) run into brick walls and dead ends due to so much of the game being hard-coded.

01-26-07 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:

So it's just a view, not standing in the actual compartment?

Dowly 01-26-07 09:21 AM

You can always use the shift+F2 to go to the extra compartments. ;)

perdu 01-26-07 09:21 AM

nvdriffer may be right.
making thoses compartiments playable may be not possibile :damn::damn:

I don't think that this mod as to be interpreted as other than "open hatches" !!!
just a very nice eye candy mod:rock::rock:

but the problem are the lights that have to be clonned ( i guess, as i do not know how they works at all) from the main compartiment as they have to change to red by night.

Kpt. Lehmann 01-26-07 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWorth
Quote:

Originally Posted by ref
Those are 3d renderings, have you imported them back to SH3 and made them work?

Ref

And that there will be the main hitch..getting them in and actually working in game.

Exactly... and then there is the question of cost in FPS.

I hope like hell it works though. Its really funny, the different mods have opened up so many new things and entirely new operational areas... but parts of your own U-boat remain "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY!!!" :ping:

Keep up the good work Urfisch!!! Don't stop!!!:up: :up: :up:

JCWolf 01-26-07 11:45 AM

At least if he can't place it as we wished, we will certanely have a new visual dimension on the Command room insted two closed Grey round Hatchs...:up:

But I'm almost sure as sayed it on mi previouse post, that this is an hardcoded Stuff, and it will not be possible to add new compartements and interior life on them, as the rest of the fully playable compartements...:hmm:

Dowly 01-26-07 11:56 AM

I dont care about having working stuff/crew members in the new compartments, I´m happy to just have them there.

Jimbuna 01-26-07 12:15 PM

Great work this :rock: ...let's hope it's within the realms of possibility :yep: :up:

Kpt. Lehmann 01-26-07 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
I dont care about having working stuff/crew members in the new compartments, I´m happy to just have them there.

Exactly!:arrgh!:

Albrecht Von Hesse 01-26-07 12:23 PM

It might not be all that difficult as it seems. It's always appeared to me that the game had the intention of moving to additional compartments but was never implemented, so the hard coding might already be in place, but what lacks is the additional things to work.

Rhodes 01-26-07 12:29 PM

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!:D :up: Cool, if this can be implemented in the game, plus the minor corretion plus, NYGM mod of the observation periscope in the right place, plus seeing the shaft of the atack periscope and some things more and the game will have a new and fresh face.