SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH3 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Mission testing (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=82895)

Gizzmoe 08-11-05 12:19 PM

Do you mean "Random Area Radius"? It randomizes the start area of a unit.

Col7777 08-11-05 12:52 PM

Yes that's the one, thanks.

I've just been playing as a British Sub, I created the mission then altered the side/Nationality in the scripted file in SingleMissions.
I tried it against a German armed trawler, I let him spot me then he got closer and began firing. I dove and fed him a fish but he evaded, in fact he evaded all 3 of my torp's, I was using a IID type,
I eventually crept away, good job he didn't have DC's :)

CB.. 08-11-05 05:41 PM

dang it i wish UBI would release their modeling tools we could knock up a set of Brit subs in no time .i was going to ask if it was possible to play as an allied sub against german shipping thanks Col thats' cleared that up!

heck all we'd need to do would be edit the start point for the german sub bases to british ports as the campaign would still chugg the shipping round as per normal (hence the interest in the cross over from the single missions) there would be no real problems other than the start campaign graphic and map and other german specific detailing...easily changed in time..i'm in the mean time kinda thinking of a campaign in the type II's in the black sea late in the war....al i'd need to do is change the start location for the sub at Bergen and instead of being transfered to there you'd end up in the black sea....or possibly as an alternative in a type 9 at penang....

wonder allso if a player DD could be knocked up....we do have a basic active sonar available....and maybe those bolds could be modded to explode and sink giving crude depth charges....swopping the bridge and external model files for a destroyer might work with some intense scrutiny by the hex editing experts...the interior would look out of place but not completely off putting.....use the damage zones and damage points to render the dive planes/ballast tanks destroyed to prevent diving and perhaps a little bit of fun could be had driving a "DD" against subs..

Gizzmoe 08-12-05 01:01 AM

CB, this is getting too off-topic, please be so kind and post mod-related topics in the Mod forum. Thanks! :up:

CB.. 08-12-05 04:54 AM

:D no worries

Spike 08-12-05 06:30 PM

I have noticed something about the AI,spawn them at a space of 500 not 300 if in formation and you will have less problems w/them too.

Misosoup 11-13-10 01:21 AM

Validating Mission?

Hi
I read some manual about mission editor,but there is no discription
about how to set the "Entry Date","Exit Date","Unit Version Date","Start Date
(In parameter settings)".
These factor usually cause error says"Player's unit Type IXD2#1 enters the game after mission start."or something like this.This error messeages
annoys me so much!how should i set these factors?Please give me a advice.
Thanks

PaulH513 11-13-10 08:55 AM

The IXD2 enters the war February 1942 so your date in the parameters and your filter on the top of the Mission Editor must be Feb 42 or later.

You will get the same error message when you make a group if the lead ship enters the war in 38 and a ship you want to join that group enters the war in 41.

An example would be this:

Your map date is Jan 40 and the lead ship is a Large Troop which enters the war Jan 38 and a Empire ship enters the war Jan 40. You will get an error message.

To fix this edit the entry date of the Large Troop to Jan 40 and the Empire ship will then be able to join that group.

I hope this helps...

Misosoup 11-14-10 02:21 AM

Thank you for advice!
That setting actually caused a error and i could fix it by following your
advice!
but...i cant understand the reason why official dev created such a
confusing rule.

Gargamel 11-14-10 02:34 AM

Realism.

Without tweaking, you can't use ships that don't exist in the time setting you are using.

PaulH513 11-14-10 11:19 AM

Also always run the map in the ME and if a ship does not move than there is a problem with the year/date of that unit. Unless you docked that ship of course.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3937/lionking.jpg
By paulh513 at 2010-11-14