SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Tesla: ‘There’s almost no reason to have a gas car’ (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=242026)

Skybird 11-18-19 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 2636982)
I don't think many people will have two cars, electric and hydrogen, it is likely that hydrogen ones will just be rented for holidays or weekends. And probably also the small electric ones, in fact the automobile is headed mostly for car sharing apps and rental. Big fleets of rental/shared electric vehicles in the city, where you could not care less about what badge they have, that is the future.

One important part of this is is IMO how the automobile has changed in popular culture. From being a sign of individuality and freedom, to becoming mostly just a tool that gives you an utility. There is also of course the radical left environmentalist inquisition around, happy to point at such mid class freedom dreams as toxic and damaging for the wellness of society. But overall I see millenials and younger people have, save for some exceptions, a quite different perception of the automobile, not different than what they see in a fridge or washing machine. No wonder motorsports are declining big time, popular culture has already moved away from all the automobile once meant.

I am not certain on that rental-car-only-model, I think that still is very much for the very young adult group. But I would welcome a no-selling-only-leasing policy enforced on batteries in general, cars and ebikes alike. So far, manufacturers must have no interest to build batteries of lasting durability, it is in their interest that batteries do not last, but break early and people must buy new ones. That is at least how it is with bicycles, I do not know about e-cars. A leasing model encourages the industry to build batteries with longer longevity and resistance to environmental effects that could degrade them. Attention must be paid to the pricing for leasing fees, however, they shall not be allowed to go through the cailing to nullify the wanted effect. Industry must feel an own interest to produce better quality.

I do not expect that hydrogen bicycles will make it. :D

Mr Quatro 11-18-19 10:36 AM

There is a funny video going around on FB (search for it) showing a blonde trying to put gas in a Tesla with the man behind her filming it till he had to get out and explain it to her. :D

Hitman 11-18-19 02:22 PM

Sounds like a fake :O: though with blondes you never know ... :hmmm:

I married a brunette, just in case :cool:

Mr Quatro 11-18-19 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 2637034)
Sounds like a fake :O: though with blondes you never know ... :hmmm:

I married a brunette, just in case :cool:

Welcome back Hitman ... I thought you died and were buried out in the desert or something :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flrD...ature=emb_logo

August 11-18-19 07:36 PM

You know that blonde jokes are discriminatory and sexist right?

Buddahaid 11-18-19 07:55 PM

Could be a man in a wig.....

August 11-18-19 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddahaid (Post 2637096)
Could be a man in a wig.....

Could be, but "Dumb Blonde" is a pejorative that is nearly always applied to women.

Mr Quatro 11-18-19 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 2637097)
Could be, but "Dumb Blonde" is a pejorative that is nearly always applied to women.

That try to put gas in a Tesla :yep:

Platapus 11-19-19 04:57 AM

If I had the space and could morally justify having more than one car, I would like to have a small electric car for my daily commute.

I like my Forester for the dogs and the times I have to transport the grand kids as well as pick up stuff for the house. But I don't need that for my daily commute.

Hitman 11-19-19 06:56 AM

Quote:

Welcome back Hitman ... I thought you died and were buried out in the desert or something
I can think right now of some people would certainly want that :haha:

But I have never been gone, I check here on an almost daily base, it's just that I don't usually post much as I am docked and away from naval sims. But as my signature goes ... one day I will return to sea :shucks:

Quote:

You know that blonde jokes are discriminatory and sexist right?
I don't do jokes with such intent, how the rest of the world interpretates them is their problem, not mine. But I guess political correctness is a differen thread altogether.

Onkel Neal 11-20-19 06:34 AM

Sorry, Ford, but here is a much nicer looking e-car.

Weird side mirrors, though, and 2X expensive.

Buddahaid 11-20-19 10:16 AM

But it's a German car and people love to pay twice as much for them.

Skybird 11-20-19 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2637265)
Sorry, Ford, but here is a very much nicer looking and faster e-car.

Weird air inlets, though, and 3-4X expensive.

Corrected that for you. :D

Mr Quatro 11-20-19 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2637293)
Corrected that for you. :D

You've obviously never been in a wardroom Sky :hmmm:

This is equal to the Ltjg saying to the captain I corrected the course from 350 to 270 for you Captain :D

Just kidding ... :D

Skybird 11-20-19 10:51 AM

As a German I am obliged to always know things better. ;)

:woot: