SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Happy Birthday Bilge_Rat (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238466)

Bilge_Rat 08-29-18 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2566865)
I was sorely tempted to reinstate your deletion :03:

I only deleted because I posted it to the wrong thread and did not feel like re-writing it again. I am sure it is a sentiment all we "old" guys feel. :03:

anyway, here is the original post:

63, gulp. This one bothers me more than I thought it would since I just realized I am closer to 65 than 60. I guess I am old. :)

funny thing is, in my heart I still feel like I am 35..except when I look in the mirror and see my father staring back at me...:ping:

Aktungbby 08-29-18 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilge Rat
except when I look in the mirror and see my father staring back at me..

"'Tis a wise child who knows his own father" (Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet...or the Odessy):O: :()1:

vienna 08-29-18 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat (Post 2566879)
I only deleted because I posted it to the wrong thread and did not feel like re-writing it again. I am sure it is a sentiment all we "old" guys feel. :03:

63, gulp. This one bothers me more than I thought it would since I just realized I am closer to 65 than 60. I guess I am old. :)

funny thing is, in my heart I still feel like I am 35..except when I look in the mirror and see my father staring back at me...:ping:

Just wait 'til you get closer to 70, like myself, and they stop singing Happy Birthday and start singing Nearer My God To Thee... :D

<O>

Mr Quatro 08-29-18 08:59 PM

Quote:

I'm not going to reveal my age, but it seems that the wiser members on subsim are over 60 ... amen :up:

Reece 08-29-18 09:16 PM

Quote:

My 66th is coming up in October!! only 4 years from 70!!! I'm an old fart!! :doh:

Mr Quatro 08-29-18 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 2566930)
My 66th is coming up in October!! only 4 years from 70!!! I'm an old fart!! :doh:

Do they have social security in Australia?

I think it's somewhere around 66 in the USA, but it keeps changing :yep:

AVGWarhawk 08-30-18 01:08 PM

Happy Birthday! :Kaleun_Cheers:

vienna 08-30-18 02:57 PM

Going to be 68 in December. What you have to look forward to, Bilge_Rat: in the past year, I have had people on the bus get up and offer me their seat; nothing makes feel suddenly older than the first time that happens...

<O>

Reece 08-30-18 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Quatro (Post 2566932)
Do they have social security in Australia?

Yes I am already entitled for old age pension but not while my wife is still working.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna (Post 2567046)
Going to be 68 in December. What you have to look forward to, Bilge_Rat: in the past year, I have had people on the bus get up and offer me their seat; nothing makes feel suddenly older than the first time that happens...
<O>

You always have to be 2 up on me Vienna!!:D No one has offered up their seat for me yet, if they got the chance they would probably take it!!:yep: