SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   So what is this new "hard coded patch" talk? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215099)

fastfed 08-16-14 09:46 PM

so dont I need to do that first? before any mod is installed?

BigWalleye 08-16-14 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfed (Post 2233972)
so dont I need to do that first? before any mod is installed?

No, there is a version of the 4GB Fix in h.sie. You activate it with the Option Selector, at the top of the h.sie page. It goes into your patched sh3.exe. It's only needed at runtime.

fastfed 08-16-14 09:56 PM

ok well I took out the 1 and 2 versions of the manos mod.

and now its like this

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps70016237.jpg

The only thing.. how do I know its activated properly? before I had the big splash screen, now I see nothing but the stock NYGM splash screen start.

anything specific to look for ?

oh and it works now.. the interior works for the type 7 b and c models with no issues :)

fastfed 08-16-14 10:01 PM

wait so you want me to patch the 4gb patch now?

using this

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2888

then do the v16b1 stuff?

I thought I was supposed to have a stock executable or something.

BigWalleye 08-16-14 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfed (Post 2233974)
ok well I took out the 1 and 2 versions of the manos mod.

and now its like this

The only thing.. how do I know its activated properly? before I had the big splash screen, now I see nothing but the stock NYGM splash screen start.

anything specific to look for ?

oh and it works now.. the interior works for the type 7 b and c models with no issues :)

Move Hitman's GUI. The startup screen is stock NYGM stretched over 1920x1080. (vanjast didn't redo everything.) The 3D screens should all be full 1920x1080 and no distortion.

Posted above:

No, there is a version of the 4GB Fix in h.sie. You activate it with the Option Selector, at the top of the h.sie page. It goes into your patched sh3.exe. It's only needed at runtime.

It's built into the h.sie patches. All you need to do is activate it with the Option Selector. You don't need the standalone 4GB fix.

fastfed 08-16-14 10:15 PM

Move Hitman's GUI.

TO WHERE?

THANKS

fastfed 08-16-14 11:38 PM

never mind I see your recommendation for which order to install the mods, thanks so much for this, I'm SO CLOSE!
let me start from the get go and where im at.

I installed 1.4b SH3, loaded the game made sure it was good :)

then I installed Generic mod enabler,
and I start to add the mods. Normally I install the 4gb patch, but you're saying the vB161 patch will have that 4gb patch already in it right? if so Im waiting till i get to that part, Im not even there yet.

So with your recommendation

Quote:

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6D
NYGM HiRes Submarines
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
FM_NewInterior v2.1D
M.E.P v4.2
M.E.P v4.2 - VisualSensors for NYGM 3.6b
M.E.P v4.2 to v4.3
Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1
Van1920x1080 v1.1
Supplement to V16B1 - NYGM
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 - NYGM
O2-Gauges v2
you have hitman GUI 1.1,
I don't have 1.1 just 1.0 , where is 1.1?

also the 1920x1080, I don't have a 1.1 , just the regular version??

I was planning on installing everything listed here through the generic mod enabler, THEN! do the vB161 patch and enable the 4gb memory patch last.

Am I on the right track?

thanks

BigWalleye 08-17-14 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfed (Post 2233984)
never mind I see your recommendation for which order to install the mods, thanks so much for this, I'm SO CLOSE!
let me start from the get go and where im at.

I installed 1.4b SH3, loaded the game made sure it was good :)

then I installed Generic mod enabler,
and I start to add the mods. Normally I install the 4gb patch, but you're saying the vB161 patch will have that 4gb patch already in it right? if so Im waiting till i get to that part, Im not even there yet.

So with your recommendation

you have hitman GUI 1.1,
I don't have 1.1 just 1.0 , where is 1.1?

also the 1920x1080, I don't have a 1.1 , just the regular version??

I was planning on installing everything listed here through the generic mod enabler, THEN! do the vB161 patch and enable the 4gb memory patch last.

Am I on the right track?

thanks

Sorry. Old farts hit the rack early, even on Saturday night!

Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1 can be found in the Documentation folder of NYGM3_New. That's the only place AFAIK. As far as Van1920x1080 is concerned, it is functionally equivalent to Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.0. It has some additions that are nice to have but not essential. Since you have NYGM3_new, you have it. Use either.

You enable the 4GB Fix in the Option Selector, along with whatever other fixes you want. Please note that you DO NOT activate Realistic Repair Times when using NYGM. I also turn off the War News Fix and Wolfpack less contact reports, and up the Oxygen in the boat to 3.0 (so I can stay down for 8 hours without tapping the oxygen tanks). It's all done at the same time, before you set up the supplement folders. Set it and forget it.

Other than that, you are heading right. I am eager to know what progress you made while I was bagging zees.

Just a note: Once you have everything set up, and before you start a career, please read the details of each fix you are using. Some of them are not autonomous, but require that you change the way you play the game - torpedo depth setting in rough weather and running the Diesels at flank speed are two examples. You should understand what the fixes do or you'll get frustrated.

Later today, I'll PM you about where to get the stopwatch fix for Van1920x1080. Oh yeah, that's Van1920x1080 v1.1.:)

fastfed 08-17-14 01:00 PM

ok!! I think im done..

here is my final generic mod enabler

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps77a75b37.jpg

after I did that I patched the EXE, dragged and dropped everything into the folder, patched EXE, did the options, says it updated.

now im in the game. Where is the 02 gauges? how do I know everything "took"

I'm not sure everything is working right

Well I guess the WO thing is working, just dove and came back up and he went back to his position, thats a start :)

BigWalleye 08-17-14 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfed (Post 2234153)
ok!! I think im done..

here is my final generic mod enabler

after I did that I patched the EXE, dragged and dropped everything into the folder, patched EXE, did the options, says it updated.

now im in the game. Where is the 02 gauges? how do I know everything "took"

I'm not sure everything is working right

Well I guess the WO thing is working, just dove and came back up and he went back to his position, thats a start :)

Awright!

O2 gauge replaces the CO2 gauge on the LE's slideout. IIRC, the standard WW2 CO2 gauge was a splitting headache! O2 gauge gives you percentage left in the O2 bottle. LE gives you reports of percent O2 remaining in the boat's air.

Now go sink some ships!

Oh, yeah. You have a PM.

fastfed 08-17-14 01:25 PM

AWESOME!! Yea, I notice the sinking if I'm not moving patch and the blurry optics if I go to fast with Periscope up!

so far so good, on my first patrol

I go almost 100% max, everything but ext. view and map contact is checked,.

That said, guess what I need to learn how to do? manual target! do you have a good guide? or better yet a video? I learned how to manual target in SH4, but never did in SH3.

would really love to learn

oh last thing, there was a really cool mod in SH5, called realistic navigation, was kind of awesome with the navigator putting a little dot where he "thinks" we are. anyhting like that in this?

BigWalleye 08-17-14 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfed (Post 2234157)
AWESOME!! Yea, I notice the sinking if I'm not moving patch and the blurry optics if I go to fast with Periscope up!

so far so good, on my first patrol

I go almost 100% max, everything but ext. view and map contact is checked,.

That said, guess what I need to learn how to do? manual target! do you have a good guide? or better yet a video? I learned how to manual target in SH4, but never did in SH3.

would really love to learn

oh last thing, there was a really cool mod in SH5, called realistic navigation, was kind of awesome with the navigator putting a little dot where he "thinks" we are. anyhting like that in this?

Yeah, I don't use the external cam. (AFAIK, nobody ever left a boat while underway!) But map updates pose a quandary: The AI is perfectly accurate and instantaneous. But R/L, the boat commander had a plotting party of ratings and officers who did all that, so why should I have to do it myself? It is indicative that the NYGM penalty for using map updates is 0%.

IMO, manual targeting with the German TVR and its lead angle calculator, is easier than using the American TDC. The TDC does a lot more, but won't give you a lead angle. Best way to learn manual targeting is to use the 90-degree setup. There are a bunch of tutorials and aids around to help - give it a google. Two pieces of advice: practice a lot, and always take your time. In my experience, snap shots are misses.

And no, there is no real nav for SH3 like in SH5. There is something called "Real Nav" but it involves you, the skipper, taking sights and working them up. I've done cel nav, but again, the skipper never had to do that. I'd rather have the super-accurate, super-fast navigator to doing the crew's job for them. I play No Fatigue for the same reason. The 1WO has to do something!

When you have a chance, I recommend you check out SH3 Commander. It's a stand-alone program that adds a lot of nice touches.

fastfed 08-17-14 02:09 PM

Thanks again!!

I've used commander before, can I load it after my first patrol? or do I have to start all over?
thanks again