SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   That warm fuzzy feeling.... so gone. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173251)

JScones 08-06-10 08:49 AM

Got the "Nuclear option", I see.

Dowly 08-06-10 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones (Post 1461389)

I'm missing that from my collection. :cry:

JScones 08-06-10 08:53 AM

Is that your Subsim equivalent to the Knight's Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords & Diamonds?

Dowly 08-06-10 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones (Post 1461394)
Is that your equivalent to the Knight's Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords & Diamonds?

It comes close, currently the most valuable I have is the one I got from the "SH5 mutiny" where Hitman started to hand out infractions to everyone who wouldn't shut up. :haha: It was reversed later on, but I still carry it proudly. :yep:

Lord Justice 08-06-10 09:04 AM

Sirs, finding the advantage that might be gained by pushing on :doh:

Fincuan 08-06-10 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1461381)
The example you posted has been posted here too and was taken down because it was "shady", so I'd advice you edit your post and remove that link.

Censoring the manual campaign selection instructions seems very silly now that there's a campaign selector, which should automatically do the same thing, available right here at Subsim. Then there's also the cheatcode silentotto which unlocks the campaigns ingame, although I don't know if that works without the connection to Ubi's servers. On top of that it seems that the latest "fixes" require none of that anyhow.

Dowly 08-06-10 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fincuan (Post 1461418)
Censoring the manual campaign selection instructions seems very silly now that there's a campaign selector, which should automatically do the same thing, available right here at Subsim. Then there's also the cheatcode silentotto which unlocks the campaigns ingame, although I don't know if that works without the connection to Ubi's servers. On top of that it seems that the latest "fixes" require none of that anyhow.

Barking at the wrong tree, mate. It was Subsim's decision to take it down, not mine. Just pointed Rafael that it had been taken down before and might still not be acceptable to post. :salute:

Fincuan 08-06-10 09:28 AM

I know, you couldn't take it down even if you wanted :D

I was just pointing it out the oddity.

Dowly 08-06-10 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fincuan (Post 1461424)
I know, you couldn't take it down even if you wanted :D

I was just pointing it out the oddity.

But could that 'example' be used to play an illegal version of the game without having to worry about the DRM? I didn't read it completely this time around, but I recognized it as the one that was taken down here and at Ubi. :hmmm:

Fincuan 08-06-10 09:46 AM

I didn't even see the link this time, but I assumed it was the same thing yes. To put it shortly it should allow you to manually select any campaign, just like the campaign selector does. Apparently having the game automatically progress was a problem for the hackers at first, and such a manual method was embraced with open hands in those circles.

Los 08-06-10 10:13 AM

Well.... while everyone is discussing the moral issues of bypassing DRM.... the server is back up! LAFF! :arrgh!:

Krauter 08-06-10 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafael (Post 1461374)
LOL, ... well there are also some people that edit certain files. In this specific case, it's like modding in my opinion. :03:

Furthermore, *****

Why people decide to blatantly boast about breaking the rules, know that theyr gonna get smacked for it, is beyond me..

It's like knowing that a fire is hot but still sticking your hand in it..

TheDarkWraith 08-06-10 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones (Post 1461389)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1461391)
I'm missing that from my collection. :cry:

Not I :cool:

JScones 08-06-10 08:16 PM

^ There's a challenge for you now, Dowly, LOL. :haha:

Walruss 08-08-10 11:15 PM

Why is Abandonware not allowed? It is, after all, by definition, software where the copyright has expired, and is totally legal in all sectors, except in countries where political censorship occurs... and then it's not a copyright issue....

Seriously though?