SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Voice Recognition for SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164926)

TheDarkWraith 03-15-10 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer (Post 1316471)
I may make it compatible for XP too, but I don't have it so how could I know?

what version of Win7 are you using? If you have ultimate or the next step down from that (don't remember the name) you can download (for free) Microsoft's XP mode. XP mode is a virtual machine run on Win7 so that older applications can still work on Win7 that need XP. If you have one of these two version of Win7 then you can run XP mode and develop for XP also.

panosrxo 03-15-10 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1316712)
what version of Win7 are you using? If you have ultimate or the next step down from that (don't remember the name) you can download (for free) Microsoft's XP mode. XP mode is a virtual machine run on Win7 so that older applications can still work on Win7 that need XP. If you have one of these two version of Win7 then you can run XP mode and develop for XP also.

check this
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/1...nd-home-basic/
xp mode even on home premium, tested..

Gusteno8 03-15-10 10:35 AM

I cant get the Voice Recognition to work.
As soon as i click on the SHSpeechTest it CTD. Not SH5, but SHspeechTest it self.

Any one knows whats wrong?

panosrxo 03-15-10 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteno8 (Post 1316810)
I cant get the Voice Recognition to work.
As soon as i click on the SHSpeechTest it CTD. Not SH5, but SHspeechTest it self.

Any one knows whats wrong?

Try ingame, it works. The SHspeedTest doesnt work all the time for me...

Gusteno8 03-15-10 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panosrxo (Post 1316826)
Try ingame, it works. The SHspeedTest doesnt work all the time for me...

Do i need to use a Hotkey or just speak in the mic?
Can't find any info about any hotkey.

MaciejK 03-15-10 11:10 AM

Does it work similar to voice recognition in Danerous Waters and Sub Command?

In these games you could give precise course and depth and speed values.

Mac

skwasjer 03-15-10 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaciejK (Post 1316869)
Does it work similar to voice recognition in Danerous Waters and Sub Command?

In these games you could give precise course and depth and speed values.

Mac

Yes, you can say "new depth x meters" (or feet for imperial) or "new heading x degrees" or "set speed x knots", etc. It even includes many commands that aren't available in the current UI, like 'standard propulsion' or 'recharge batteries'

skwasjer 03-15-10 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteno8 (Post 1316833)
Do i need to use a Hotkey or just speak in the mic?
Can't find any info about any hotkey.

No push-to-talk currently, the mic is constantly receiving, but I will add a push-to-talk function (or at least toggle) in a subsequent version. I will also improve error handling in the test application so that if there are problems you can report the specific error message here... Stay tuned for an update

PS: The test application should not behave differently than in game, although I could have messed up some bit of code.

gutted 03-15-10 11:47 AM

oh man, you mean i can say exactly which course i want? thats cool as hell.

dude, you gotta make this work on XP... so many sub skippers 'round here are still running it

:wah:

skwasjer 03-15-10 12:21 PM

I will try, but I will not install XP myself. I will make the test application more robust so it can detect info and/or provide error messages so they can be reported back here.

I've also received an offer from KarlKoch (German native speaker) for localization to German. Once we get English stable and complete enough...

utops 03-15-10 12:37 PM

Gotta love it!

Gusteno8 03-15-10 12:42 PM

Well, I cant get the mod to work. :cry:
The SHspeechTest dont work at all, just crashes. I think it have something to do with it.

Im on Windows 7, 64bit.

Edit. Wait, do I need English ingame voices? or does it work fine with german voices and me talking in English?

jimimadrid 03-15-10 12:52 PM

With this SH5 will be a milestone. :yeah:

Hmmm, i need an extra room for me and my computer, otherwise my wife will get angry when i start to talk with my computer. :O:

A101THB 03-15-10 01:02 PM

Hi guys,

I love to play SH with voice commands since SH3.
Currently I'm using this software:

http://www.dwvac.com/index.html

It's very easy to use and will work with every game :)
30 day trial period and only $18 for full activation.

Please be aware that voice commanding will have direct influence on your releationship, so don't forget to buy some earplugs for your girlffriend or wifey in parallel ;) Your neighbors will also love your first "ALARM" shouts ;)

Regards,
Karsten

skwasjer 03-15-10 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteno8 (Post 1317028)
Well, I cant get the mod to work. :cry:
The SHspeechTest dont work at all, just crashes. I think it have something to do with it.

Im on Windows 7, 64bit.

Edit. Wait, do I need English ingame voices? or does it work fine with german voices and me talking in English?

No you don't need ingame English voices, but the speech engine currently only supports English. But it might be related to the language of your Windows. What language do you have?