SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   CO2 bug anyone else? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133307)

Rockin Robbins 03-19-08 12:33 PM

Heh, heh, heh!!!

I love it when SUBSIM works like it's supposed to, with nobody doing the UBI MUST DIE!! thing, just everyone working together to properly identify and solve an issue. Good work guys!

skwasjer 03-19-08 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Same here, I had the 'not securing from silent running' bug at the same time.

A save/load fixed it and so far it's not happened again.

WB.

I am not sure if I had that, I do remember no crew on deck and unable to have them man the deck gun... Forgot to mention this.

Reminds me of Pirates of the Carabbean, where they flip the boat and sail under water... :rotfl:

THE_MASK 03-19-08 05:21 PM

No co2 bug yet . Heres my sh4 folder if anyone wants to check out my campaign .

http://files.filefront.com/SH4rar/;9.../fileinfo.html

you have to run only rsrdc and w_clear enviroment mod 4 if you want to play it .

kiwi_2005 03-19-08 05:40 PM

I got this bug once and haven't had it since, game is running nearly as stock only mods im using is spax sound mod & uboat dark skins.

THE_MASK 03-19-08 06:08 PM

A few more questions
I googles this

"The information below was taken largely from a more comprehensive review, Spacecraft Maximum Allowable Concentrations for Selected Airborne Contaminants, Volume 2 (NRC 1996). The studies discussed represent those most relevant to submariners and the submarine environment.
CO2 is a simple asphyxiant and lethal asphyxiations have been reported at concentrations as low as 110,000 ppm (Hamilton and Hardy 1974). Loss of consciousness can occur within a minute of exposure at 300,000 ppm and within 5-10 minutes (min) of exposure at 100,000 ppm (HSDB 2004). The effects of concentrations of CO2 between 7,000 and 300,000 ppm in humans "

What does 10% CO2 represent in the game . When does my crew just suddenly die ?

Rockin Robbins 03-19-08 08:27 PM

As a percentage

100,000 parts per million is 10%. 500,000 ppm is 50%

So loss of consciousness with 30% within a minute, at 10% would cause loss of consciousness in 5 – 10 minutes. Death has happened with concentration as low as 11%. All this is based on the information in Sober's post. Looks like my crew would have all died in r/l with 35%, and they were still kicking!:up: Tough guys, these Germans.

Zantham 03-19-08 09:03 PM

It seems to me that the CO2 gauge in SH4 is a percentage of the lethality to the sub crew. At 100% there is no longer enough oxygen in the boat for humans to survive. There is no point in measuring CO2 levels beyond this point. Thus 50%, even 75% is quite survivable, though as it approaches 100% the crews efficiency should start to falter.

Rockin Robbins 03-20-08 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zantham
It seems to me that the CO2 gauge in SH4 is a percentage of the lethality to the sub crew. At 100% there is no longer enough oxygen in the boat for humans to survive. There is no point in measuring CO2 levels beyond this point. Thus 50%, even 75% is quite survivable, though as it approaches 100% the crews efficiency should start to falter.

That makes a LOT more sense than what I had!:up:

AVGWarhawk 03-20-08 08:03 PM

Well, it was darn simple really. I submerged until the CO2 icon popped up. I was at 10%. I clicked the CO2 blinking icon and this surfaces the boat. The boat vented and all was well. So, it looks to me if you hit the S key to surface or the interface key to surface this buggers up the CO2. So, click the blinking CO2 key next time and see if this works for you as well.

Vorkapitan 03-20-08 08:19 PM

Yup! got the same problem. Have to close to windows after saving to get it right.

Joe
:p

AVGWarhawk 03-20-08 08:50 PM

Joe,

Check out my post above yours. Once under and the CO2 icon pops up, your CO2 level is at 10%. OK, fine. When you are ready to surface, click the CO2 icon that popped up and the boat will surface. Once surfaced the boat will vent and CO2 will go to zero. I did this 5 times tonight and it worked fine.

THE_MASK 03-20-08 09:24 PM

I can blow that theory out of the water , as i have been surfacing using the normal surface menu button on the bottom panel . CO2 vents fine every time . I have just saved while submerged and i will see how that goes .

Fincuan 03-20-08 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
OK, fine. When you are ready to surface, click the CO2 icon that popped up and the boat will surface. Once surfaced the boat will vent and CO2 will go to zero. I did this 5 times tonight and it worked fine.

I've seen the bug a few times using this way of surfacing, as well as using the surface button in the orders bar(unmodded game).

Vorkapitan 03-21-08 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Joe,

Check out my post above yours. Once under and the CO2 icon pops up, your CO2 level is at 10%. OK, fine. When you are ready to surface, click the CO2 icon that popped up and the boat will surface. Once surfaced the boat will vent and CO2 will go to zero. I did this 5 times tonight and it worked fine.

Thanks - will give it a try :know: Joe

WernerSobe 03-21-08 10:50 AM

I also get compressed air exhaust bug when i try a crash dive.