SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] A Girl in Every Port (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=121154)

Digital_Trucker 11-16-07 11:32 AM

Need a bit of information

1) What operating system are you using? (If you are using Vista, where did you install the game? If it's in Program Files, then that may be the problem. I'm no Vista expert (and hope never to become one :arrgh!: ), but some problems can be caused by installing games in the Program Files folder because of the way that Vista handles UAC. If your problem is caused by Vista, please forward all of your spam E-mail to BillGates@microsoft.com and ask for a retro-upgrade to XP. Seriously, if this is the problem, please consider installing the game to someplace other than the Program Files folder for simplicities sake)

2) What .NET do you have installed? (It needs 2.0)

3) What name shows up in the JSGME dialog? (If it's not GirlInEveryPort, then you have an extra folder level. If so, disable the mod,go down into the folder GIEP1.1 until you get to GirlInEveryPort, right-click and cut, go back up to the MODS folder and paste, then delete the GIEP1.1 folder and reenable the mod.)

4) Who, who, who wrote the book of love?

5) What is the meaning of life?

That should about cover it, I hope. If none of the above solves the problem, feel free to holler back with the answers to at least the first 3 questions and we'll go from there.

Max Peck 11-16-07 12:26 PM

Quote:

1) What operating system are you using? (If you are using Vista, where did you install the game? If it's in Program Files, then that may be the problem. I'm no Vista expert (and hope never to become one :arrgh!: ), but some problems can be caused by installing games in the Program Files folder because of the way that Vista handles UAC. If your problem is caused by Vista, please forward all of your spam E-mail to BillGates@microsoft.com and ask for a retro-upgrade to XP. Seriously, if this is the problem, please consider installing the game to someplace other than the Program Files folder for simplicities sake)
Windows XP, so no thats not it.

Quote:

2) What .NET do you have installed? (It needs 2.0)
Honestly, I have no clue, so this is probably it, will definitely check into it and let you know if that fixes it.

Quote:

3) What name shows up in the JSGME dialog? (If it's not GirlInEveryPort, then you have an extra folder level. If so, disable the mod,go down into the folder GIEP1.1 until you get to GirlInEveryPort, right-click and cut, go back up to the MODS folder and paste, then delete the GIEP1.1 folder and reenable the mod.)
Yep its in JSGME correctly (this kinda issue was the first one I had with JSGME when I started using it)

Quote:

5) What is the meaning of life?
Silent Hunter of course!!

Anyways, off to figure out what .NET I have, thanks DT!!

Max Peck 11-16-07 01:03 PM

Yep, downloaded and installed .NET 2.0 and it works perfect.

Thanks DT, great program:D

Digital_Trucker 11-16-07 03:50 PM

Glad you got it worked out, Max, but you forgot to answer question 4:rotfl:

According to Wikipedia

Book of Love may refer to:Seriously, thanks for the props and enjoy!

My bad for never mentioning in the first post that the app requires .NET 2.0. That's been corrected, so there shouldn't be any further confusion.

U56_Dragon 11-26-07 06:42 PM

Very cool...Thanks for the little program.

Digital_Trucker 11-26-07 07:00 PM

Glad you're enjoying it U56_Dragon. Ain't nothin' like a good surprise (especially when it's one of Freds wonderful pieces of artwork).

fred8615 11-26-07 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Glad you're enjoying it U56_Dragon. Ain't nothin' like a good surprise (especially when it's one of Freds wonderful pieces of artwork).

You might want to rephrase that. You make it sound like I'm the artist. If I could draw pictures of girls like that, would I be hanging out here??? :o

Digital_Trucker 11-26-07 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred8615
You might want to rephrase that. You make it sound like I'm the artist. If I could draw pictures of girls like that, would I be hanging out here??? :o

:rotfl: Someone please change my nick to hoof-in-mouth, please:D

and change that above comment to read ......one of Fred's wonderful artwork finds.

Doolittle81 12-07-07 01:10 PM

Could you please confirm that I have installed GIEP correctly, specifically the location of the GirlInEveryPort.exe file
http://members.cox.net/doolittle80/G...allfolders.jpg

Digital_Trucker 12-07-07 02:08 PM

Yes, that should do the trick Doolittle81.

Truckerich 12-14-07 04:34 PM

GIRLS Yes, Yes, Yes

Hi All,:damn:
Were can I find the mode "Girls ion Port?

Sailor Steve 12-14-07 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckerich
Hi All,:damn:
Were can I find the mode "Girls ion Port?

Near the bottom of the very first post on page 1 of this thread, it says "Download at...". Click on that link.

Truckerich 12-17-07 09:46 AM

Im imbearest Dig Trucker

Sorry bout the late post

:ping: I've looked and looked.Even asked my wife to look.What a team__neither of us found the d/load:x

Digital_Trucker 12-17-07 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckerich
Sorry bout the late post

:ping: I've looked and looked.Even asked my wife to look.What a team__neither of us found the d/load:x

Well, unless there's something strange going on with your browser, I don't know what to tell you. I edited the original post to make the "Download at" larger and yellow and made the text for the link larger. Maybe it will stand out now.

In case that doesn't work, here's the link http://files.filefront.com/GIEP11rar.../fileinfo.html

fred8615 12-17-07 01:02 PM

You can also find it here:

http://www.bts-mods.com/forums/index.php?topic=780.0