SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   The Two Most Important Fixes We Need... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=113919)

DiveMonkey 05-03-07 11:31 PM

Thanks ccruner13

I've been waiting for the screen to pop up for my orders.
Good deal getting it from the log and getting speed too :up:

It really is a very good campaign...If only they'd hurry up and fix a few thing (chrono,,,AI) this would be a great game.

Reece 05-04-07 01:06 AM

The Two Most Important Fixes We Need...

1) Go back to SHIII
2) Go directly to SHV

Sorry I couldn't help myself! (I'm a naughty boy!):oops:

EAF274 Johan 05-04-07 01:53 AM

1) Chronometer: I am used to calculating the speed manually, but it bothers me to have a button in the game that doesn't work...
2) Radar: doesn't work as advertised and the workaround mods are not an ideal alternative

I would also like to see the missing crew speech added in, but I guess this counts as an 'added feature' rather than a fix (SH3 had the same issue, but it never got addressed).

USS_shipmaster 05-04-07 02:54 AM

Brilliant job was done in last versions of FTT and RFB. A lot of thanks to authors.
Especially 4 adding 'indentify ship' and 'follow nearest warship' command buttons and fixing career retirement 'bug'. I do targeting manually but i just want features below to be done because sometime you just have your brain is attacked by DD( wife /kids/'friendly' neibours/ boss at the job etc) in own home ( therefore these is my priority order:
- chronometer / ai / radar(?)
- ftt and rfb mods additional features ( we have to be grateful to modders)
thanks to decimus for brilliant read me with his mod!!! (well done ,sir!). actually we just net to install mods or some parts of them
- ................. all other staff.
best regards
VK

joea 05-04-07 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAurens
Guys, I have patrolled some designated areas for 6 to 7 days, stayed within 100 nautical miles, sunk ships, reported convoys, etc... and still have not had the objective completed.

I'm not making this stuff up.

:damn:

Have you radioed in? Apparently it makes a difference now in SH4. Plus save games, well like most of the others say save surfaced with no other units in detection range worked for me in SH3.

Kant Schwimm 05-04-07 06:34 AM

Quote:

Guys, I have patrolled some designated areas for 6 to 7 days, stayed within 100 nautical miles, sunk ships, reported convoys, etc... and still have not had the objective completed.

Try 100km radius NOT 100nm as there is a big difference in area, I think your problem is your straying to far out of your patrol zone using 100nm, as others have said 48hrs in 100KM radius should do the trick:up:

Hope this helps

CaptainCox 05-04-07 07:14 AM

Quote:

1. All problems associated with in game saves. Stuttering time compression, eternally waiting (Please Wait) for the game to load after the "loading" screen is finished, totally changed tactical situations after loading a save.
The waiting is not a prob here. Its all down to hardware IMO.

U-Bones 05-04-07 09:41 AM

1. Finish/fix all sensors.
2. Finish/fix damage control.

Once everyone is not blind & deaf, and equipment works reasonably predictably, we can sort out what else is needed. Until then its pin the tail on the donkey time.

There are also things that the community can do or work around that the devs should not waste time on. I think this is almost as important as what gets attention...

Redwine 05-04-07 10:15 AM

I think so the 2 most important things to fix are :

the sub damage model, domino damage effect, AAA crew taking damage when submerged ans guns take damage, same hit points for port and straboard items, then you loss all them, item damaged with no show into screen, hull repaired message with hull damage...

and the second is the ship damage model.

Radar nedd to be fixed too, but we reach to a compromise solution.

U56 05-04-07 11:34 AM

Quote:

Use map tools to draw 51NM radius around the objective icon. Patrol for 48 hours. If you use 100NM you will never complete objective.

Regards

ccruner13 05-04-07 12:37 PM

just zoom in as far as you can on the thing and park your boat there and tc. easy

-Pv- 05-04-07 06:10 PM

"...Guys, I have patrolled some designated areas for 6 to 7 days, stayed within 100 nautical miles, sunk ships, reported convoys, etc... and still have not had the objective completed.

I'm not making this stuff up..."

100 miles is too far.
100 KM or 62 miles.

I usually stay within 60 nm radius of objective icon and go hunting at will. The icon will eventually turn grey. No problem.

-Pv-

ccruner13 05-04-07 10:37 PM

if you are staring at the map the whole time it doesnt change until you zoom in or out too.

Iron Budokan 05-05-07 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece
The Two Most Important Fixes We Need...

1) Go back to SHIII
2) Go directly to SHV

Sorry I couldn't help myself! (I'm a naughty boy!):oops:

Now go stand in a corner and think about what you did....

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: