SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NYGM 3 Super-mod (Current: 3.6 F, January 13th 2015) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231)

Rafael 10-06-09 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinmei (Post 1170804)
Good day! :-)

It would be my question how the hostile armored trawler sinks why after he threw his depht charges down? Nygm 3.3b I am useful.

From my experience this 'problem' is in every supermod. Probably it is hard coded and modders cannot fix this specific problem? :hmmm:

Maybe someone on subsim.com knows a better answer.

foz 10-14-09 04:06 PM

problem with NYGM

please help ,have downloaded 3 times all files from subsim site & once from filefront , teddybear site . then load as per instructions from site , using clean install ? of sh3 , loading files into jsgme , sh3 crashes straight away . although I can load WAC3.1 , 4.0 , 4.1 / SEAWOLFU57 & WARSHIP MOD , into jsgme & every thing works fine , please help . :damn:

Stiebler 10-15-09 05:39 AM

@Foz:

It sounds from your description (that you have several major mods running) that your folder My Documents\SH3 is confused.

The easy solution is to rename this folder SH3 to something temporary (eg XXXSH3XXX) so that you do not lose its contents, then try to start up SH3/NYGM again.

Please note that the files on SUBSIM are correct for NYGM (see my signature at the bottom of this post). Any files on Filefront are now out-of-date, and are not being maintained. Throw away any FileFront NYGM files that you have. I would advise downloading the official NYGM files from SubSim again, just to be sure you have the correct files.

You must always install any of the supermods, or updates to them, while at base, not at sea.

If there remains a problem after renaming your file My Doccuments\SH3, as I have just described, then start again with a fresh installation of Silent Hunter III, make sure you have official patch 1.4b installed, then run the game just once (one patrol in career mode, returning quickly to base) to make sure all is well thus far. Delete your new folder My Documents\SH3.

Then install NYGM 2.5 all by itself from a MODS folder you have created (Ubisoft\silenthunteriii\mods) and install NYGM 2.5 with JScones' JSGME. Check again that all is well. Your folder structure BEFORE using JSGME should look like this:
ubisoft\silenthunteriii\mods\NYGM Tonnage War 2.5\data\...

Some users report that, after unzipping the NYGM 2.5.7z file with WinRAR, (the file is best unzipped with the free 7-zip), they get this mod structure instead:
ubisoft\silenthunteriii\mods\NYGM Tonnage War 2.5\NYGM Tonnage War 2.5\data\...
If this happens move all the data folder from the second occurence of NYGM 2.5 Tonnage War into the first sub-folder NYGM Tonnage War 2.5.

When you are happy that NYGM 2.5 is working on your computer, then you can install the other overlays, as listed in the instructions in the NYGM page on the SubSim download site.

I hope that resolves all problems.

Good luck!
Stiebler.

foz 10-17-09 01:37 AM

problem with NYGM +

thanks for your help stiebler tried the my doco thing, did not work on drive with xp, don`t know . but worked fine on vista drive & looks good its great to try all mods . thanks again for your help :salute:

Stiebler 10-17-09 02:28 AM

Thanks for the feed-back, Foz.

Stiebler.

foz 10-20-09 06:29 AM

NYGM MODS

buy the way , Stiebler is this mod still available, FuMB37XXIII_NYGM_3.2.7z
something different a XXIII . thanks again .

Stiebler 10-21-09 11:46 AM

XXIII boat

You will find the XXIII boat in the folder 'documentation', after installing the NYGM 3.3B.

Look for folder FuMB37XXIII in 'documentation', then copy this folder across to your mods folder. Then install it with JSGME.

You should only install this mod (FuMB37XXIII) after October 1944. It installs several extra features, such as radar warning receivers for the schnorchels. You can only use the XXIII from January 1945.

Stiebler.

foz 10-21-09 03:10 PM

thanks once more .:salute:

ConteBlecio 11-04-09 06:21 AM

Optional files

Hi guys,
i need to know if it's better install the harbour traffic add-in before or after the NYGM 3_3 .

All the optional files must be activated before or after?
Sorry for my confusion.

Thanks for your help.
Thanks and hang-on to all the NYGM staff :up:

Hitman 11-04-09 08:17 AM

In case of conflict, the latest patch should always prevail. Install 3.3 always last, as otherwise some things included in that patch would not work, or not work properly.

ConteBlecio 11-04-09 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 1198920)
In case of conflict, the latest patch should always prevail. Install 3.3 always last, as otherwise some things included in that patch would not work, or not work properly.

Hi Hitman,thank you.

I can't understand why i've found poor traffic in the Wilhelmshaven harbour...after install the harbour traffic for last...perhaps it was deliberately reduced the traffic??

Cheers!

Hitman 11-04-09 08:59 AM

I would need to check it carefully, but may be the 3.3 patch updated only the standard files (No harbor traffic add-in) and didn't add the new fixes to the traffic add-in. Per default, NYGM has little traffic in the harbours, as this consumes resources (Memory) and you only will see them when leaving/entering part, which is a tiny part of your patrol.

Stiebler will be able to tell better wether changes in 3.3 also apply to the optional harbour traffic add-in, in which case you can safely enable it and enjoy the mod.

ConteBlecio 11-04-09 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 1198929)
I would need to check it carefully, but may be the 3.3 patch updated only the standard files (No harbor traffic add-in) and didn't add the new fixes to the traffic add-in. Per default, NYGM has little traffic in the harbours, as this consumes resources (Memory) and you only will see them when leaving/entering part, which is a tiny part of your patrol.

Stiebler will be able to tell better wether changes in 3.3 also apply to the optional harbour traffic add-in, in which case you can safely enable it and enjoy the mod.

Ok perfect, thank you again...

Stiebler 11-04-09 10:45 AM

Sorry for the confusion, ConteBlecio and Hitman.

In general, extra mods found in the documentation folder of NYGM should be installed *after* the most recent edition of NYGM (currently 3.3B) has been loaded.

This ensures that any existing extra mods in the documentation folder are always brought up to date with the latest releases of NYGM.

Stiebler.

ConteBlecio 11-04-09 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 1198968)
Sorry for the confusion, ConteBlecio and Hitman.

In general, extra mods found in the documentation folder of NYGM should be installed *after* the most recent edition of NYGM (currently 3.3B) has been loaded.

This ensures that any existing extra mods in the documentation folder are always brought up to date with the latest releases of NYGM.

Stiebler.

Hi Stiebler,
I had assumed they came installed last. I gather it is right to overwrite the old documentation folder with the new....
Sorry for my english

Thanks Stiebler
i love your work :salute: