SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2009 SUBSIM Werewolf Hunt - Signup and Q&A Thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147914)

Hitman 02-12-09 03:01 PM

Quote:

That's right. The problem is, they have to convince others that they are a Seer and they can condemn or support other players.
Yes but for a Seer that is easy to do. In turn 1 I see that someone is a human or a guardian, and the next thing I do is PM him saying "Helo I'm a Seer and I have found out that your true identity is human/guardian" The human/guardian would inmediately know that he can trust the Seer, because with that introudction he has already proven his identity. And the Seer is safe because he positively knows whom he is addressing to ;)

Onkel Neal 02-12-09 03:31 PM

Haha, no, that won't work. Let's say Neal is in the next game, and Neal is a werewolf. I will PM all 25 other players. The PM you would get from me would say "Hey Hitman, I saw how the last game went and all the humans got slaughtered (noobs!). I don't want to repeat that mistake. I AM a Seer. I asked the gamemaster my Seer question last night about you, and he said you are a non-werewolf, too! He would not say if you were a fellow Seer or a guardian or human. We should team up. It's going to take all our wits to overcome the demonic beasts."

Now, if you were a non-werewolf, would you trust me, just because you got that e-mail?

Of the 25 players who got PMs, most would be non-werewolves, and they would all trust me? :03:

Task Force 02-12-09 03:35 PM

I hope we get more players next time.

Letum 02-12-09 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force

I don't.

To many caricatures, all struggling to be active would make it impossible to follow.

Hitman 02-12-09 03:38 PM

Quote:

Of the 25 players who got PMs, most would be non-werewolves, and they would all trust me? :03:
Nope, but doing so you would have revealed already that you are a werewolf to all of those who did not match, i.e. to all Guardians and real Seers :03: which would be even more dangerous for you.

Onkel Neal 02-12-09 03:46 PM

Quote:

In turn 1 I see that someone is a human or a guardian, and the next thing I do is PM him saying "Helo I'm a Seer and I have found out that your true identity is human/guardian" The human/guardian would inmediately know that he can trust the Seer, because with that introudction he has already proven his identity. And the Seer is safe because he positively knows whom he is addressing to
So, if one player trusts me because he is non-werewolf and I tell him I know he is a non-werewolf (even though it is just a guess), it won't work for all 25? Of course it will. He does not know I am guessing or I have sent the same message to everyone. Certainly not right away. :D

Quote:

Nope, but doing so you would have revealed already that you are a werewolf to all of those who did not match, i.e. to all Guardians and real Seers :03: which would be even more dangerous for you.
What? Read my post again, if I say non-werewolf, then all the Guardians and Seers will match.

Quote:

I AM a Seer. I asked the gamemaster my Seer question last night about you, and he said you are a non-werewolf, too!
See? A Guardian or a Seer gets that, it does match. Same for humans.

Raptor1 02-12-09 03:49 PM

Next time (Hope there be a next time), I think it would be wise to split the main story thread into several, one (locked) would have official announcements, one thread for each of the main gathering areas on the map (In the current game, for instance, a thread for the Bar, the Inn, U-13, ect...) and a thread for conversations in minor areas (If, for instance, somebody decides to talk with somebody else in the cemetary), so it will be easier to follow a conversation you are participating in

Onkel Neal 02-12-09 04:10 PM

http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-1430.png

Hitman 02-12-09 04:11 PM

Quote:

What? Read my post again, if I say non-werewolf, then all the Guardians and Seers will match.
Ahhh right I though the Seer would know the exact identity :hmmm: Turns out he just knows if werewolf or non-werewolf, but not if human/Seer/Guardian, right? Makes sense :salute:

Task Force 02-12-09 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letum
Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force

I don't.

To many caricatures, all struggling to be active would make it impossible to follow.

but the game would last longer... (this one will probably end by tuesday.)

I only meen like 4 or 5 new players though.

Penelope_Grey 02-12-09 04:21 PM

Ah... hoping for more victims next time eh TF?

Task Force 02-12-09 04:23 PM

Waaa. You planing on going crazy and shooting yourself in the story thread???

Penelope_Grey 02-12-09 04:23 PM

Maybe...

Onkel Neal 02-12-09 04:30 PM

Don't go all wobbly on us, my dear :DL

Raptor1 02-12-09 04:32 PM

If you commit suicide, you will never ascend to join the great tonnage war in the sky...