SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] OLC Ubermod v2.4.3 for GWX 2.1 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134186)

onelifecrisis 04-27-08 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treblesum81
Quote:

None of the mods you listed there could be causing it - except mine, of course, but I'm on patrol right now and visual sensors are working sweet. Are you playing a career (if so, what year?) or single missions? 04-27-2008 03:42 PM
Well, I am playing a career which is currently in Jan 1940. Is it possible that this could be an effect of trying to carry the career through without starting a new one with the updated Ubermod?

Greg

Jan 1940, that's the exact date I'm patrolling on right now. :hmm:
No, I don't think starting the career without the Ubermod will make any difference to anything.
I'll keep testing and see if I can replicate your problems.
BTW, why do you have the "Late War Sensors" mod enabled in 1940? You should read the GWX Manual on that mod and how it should be used...

Uber Gruber 04-27-08 06:05 PM

@OLC

Mate, been taking 1.6 for a spin. Had a surface battle with two small merchants, it was great to see them dip in the troughs of the waves at a distance. You've excelled yourself on this one, top notch stuff....thanks:yep:

treblesum81 04-27-08 06:10 PM

Well, from the looks of it, that mod shouldn't have any effect on this situation as it is only a recieve item... but I'll go ahead and unload it and see if that might make a difference.

Greg

onelifecrisis 04-27-08 06:14 PM

Quote:

Well, from the looks of it, that mod shouldn't have any effect on this situation as it is only a recieve item... but I'll go ahead and unload it and see if that might make a difference.

Greg

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that removing the late war sensors would fix the problem (though I suppose you never know :hmm:) I was just mentioning it, cos AFAIK it's not supposed to be enabled until after you've purchased a specific upgrade late in the war. It was a "by the way" comment.

@Uber, thanks. BTW, have you noticed any problems like those mentioned by Greg?

treblesum81 04-27-08 06:40 PM

Well, after a quick test, removing that mod seems to have fixed the problem, though I don't really know why... Then again, as I've learned from trying to implement that XXI, these files all seem to act together in weird ways, and SH3 has a habit of rewriting them for no aparent reason.

I'll let you know if the problem comes back, but for now, I think I'm good.

Thanks again,
Greg

onelifecrisis 04-27-08 06:54 PM

Quote:

Well, after a quick test, removing that mod seems to have fixed the problem, though I don't really know why... Then again, as I've learned from trying to implement that XXI, these files all seem to act together in weird ways, and SH3 has a habit of rewriting them for no aparent reason.

I'll let you know if the problem comes back, but for now, I think I'm good.

Thanks again,
Greg

Very good to know... I'd better start a late war campaign and do some testing with that sensors mod...

Schwuppes 04-27-08 08:55 PM

Hi!

Where can I find the OLC stopwatch mod for OLC 1.2.3? Its not on your filefront page anymore. :cry:

onelifecrisis 04-27-08 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwuppes
Hi!

Where can I find the OLC stopwatch mod for OLC 1.2.3? Its not on your filefront page anymore. :cry:

I never made a stopwatch mod.

Schwuppes 04-27-08 09:02 PM

oh lol

But some people here are using one... anyone know where I can get it? :rock:

onelifecrisis 04-27-08 09:05 PM

Everyone using the Ubermod, please note...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...d=1#post850577

Due to this, I'll be removing the Water Stream mod from the Ubermod. The Ubermod will still be compatible with it.

That'll be 1.7, then :roll:

rulle34 04-28-08 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...d=1#post850577

Due to this, I'll be removing the Water Stream mod from the Ubermod. The Ubermod will still be compatible with it.

That'll be 1.7, then :roll:

OLC Why just not make 1.7 optional with or without the waterstream mod?

In Rubinis komments to this, it´s not such a big difference

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=13

Uber Gruber 04-28-08 03:48 AM

@OLC

Haven't noticed anything untoward as of yet but will certainly keep my eyes open.

As for the waterstream mod, i'd leave it in there mate. Rubini's post sounds good to me.

JScones 04-28-08 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
As for the waterstream mod, i'd leave it in there mate. Rubini's post sounds good to me.

Ditto. :up:

onelifecrisis 04-28-08 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones
Quote:

I agree. That's a relief.

Catfish 04-28-08 10:10 AM

Hello,
i just installed the OLCE mods, with the GUI.
To be exact it was SH3 with patch
GWX 2
GWX 2.1 update
then enabled optional mods from GWX via JSGME (merged campaign and no medals)
enabled Rubinis lifeboat and debris mod v. 1
copied OLCE part and part two into the JSGME folder, and enabled them.
As well copied the Uboat folder in SH3 commander (or better into mods, and then enabled it vis JSGME in SH3 Commander)

When i start SH3 via the SH3 commander all works, but i left the exterior camera on - when i now go for the exterior view via "." the view is going up and down erratically and uncontrolled, and the screen finally switching to F4 bridge view. Leaving the game the screen suddenly displays only 2/3rds from the left, rest is black ... huh ?
I think to have read soewhere it might be a camera adjustment ? - did not find the post.
What did i do wrong ? Is there any other high res mod i would have to apply before OLCE, or is the external camera a no-go with this mod ?
Sorry if i overread something :oops:

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish

Wilcke 04-28-08 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones
Quote:

I agree. That's a relief.

Leave it in .... non issue.

Catfish 04-28-08 12:47 PM

Hello,
camera problem with OLCE solved - PC restart and all worked. Why ? Don't ask me :doh:
Now i'm in for learning this attack disk thing ... :arrgh!:
Thanks and greetings,
Catfish

onelifecrisis 04-28-08 02:42 PM

v1.7 released!

Changes in this version:
  • Fixed a problem with the watch crew visual sensors: in certain situations they were blind to enemy ships; now they can always see them. Visual sensors on other ships remain the same as they were in v1.6.

Catfish 04-28-08 02:54 PM

Hello,
i just installed version 1.6, and it seems to work - however do i need the doublemast tool with version 1.6 ? And with 1.7 ??

I am going crazy, when i enable the built-in mods from GWX2/2.1 it always tells me that some data are being overwritten by the OLCE mods - and whether i want it - NO ! But this way i can only enable the merged campaign, and the no medals mod.

And after installing the 2.1 update fix correcting Calsis and other minor faults, and installing the locks of the Kiel canal (which b.t.w. easily screws up the whole mod folder), i am not even able to install OLCE any more without overwriting files that have already been changed by the GWX 2.1 second update :doh: , or so JSGME tells me.

Guess i'm up for another install. Believe me i like those mods, but it is hard to follow updates and threads, and reading manuals that came out yesterday and do not apply for the "mod of today" lol :lol:

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish

onelifecrisis 04-28-08 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish
Hello,
i just installed version 1.6, and it seems to work - however do i need the doublemast tool with version 1.6 ? And with 1.7 ??

I am going crazy, when i enable the built-in mods from GWX2/2.1 it always tells me that some data are being overwritten by the OLCE mods - and whether i want it - NO ! But this way i can only enable the merged campaign, and the no medals mod.

And after installing the 2.1 update fix correcting Calsis and other minor faults, and installing the locks of the Kiel canal (which b.t.w. easily screws up the whole mod folder), i am not even able to install OLCE any more without overwriting files that have already been changed by the GWX 2.1 second update :doh: , or so JSGME tells me.

Guess i'm up for another install. Believe me i like those mods, but it is hard to follow updates and threads, and reading manuals that came out yesterday and do not apply for the "mod of today" lol :lol:

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish

Catfish,
I'm afraid you've done something wrong, but I don't know what.
OLCE2 does not conflict with any of the campaign files/mods. It does not conflict with any of the GWX 2.1 fixes released by BBW (I'm using them all). It does not conflict with the 'no medals on crew' mod.
I'm sorry if you find mods and their threads/readmes to be confusing, but all I can do is document my changes and how they should be used. I've done that.
Regards,
OLC