SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5: Bugs, glitches, and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162462)

fitzcarraldo 09-03-21 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ResonantCard1 (Post 2765257)
Hello, I bought a CD copy of SH5 many years ago, and while I could play quite happily in the past, I can't get past a "Service unavailable" screen now, when trying to launch the game. How can I fix this?

Try to download Ubisoft Connect from Ubi and install it. Do not use the Ubi Launcher installed with the game. Also, you need SH5 1.2 update.

Good luck.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 09-03-21 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otavioacopatti (Post 2765324)
After some years away from SH, I reinstalled SH5 and TWoS. I followed closely all the install instructions both for the game and the mod, and all seems to work as intended - except for a detail: I can't save the game.

While I can save at bunker prior to set sail (and load the gamesave at the bunker too), I can't at sea for that causes a CTD. At sea, I hit esc > save > type some name to the file > and when I click "save", the game freezes for some 5 seconds and CTD.

I have no mods apart from some of those provided with TWoS.

I've also reinstalled everything some 4 or 5 times now, but the problem persists. Is this an know issue? And does you fellow commanders know a solution to it?

Do you have SH5 updated to 1.2? Do you use online mode and Ubisoft Connect? Try with Ubi Connect if you donīt have it, and see if you have SH5 1.2.

Good luck!

otavioacopatti 09-05-21 05:18 PM

Problem solved

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2766475)
Do you have SH5 updated to 1.2? Do you use online mode and Ubisoft Connect? Try with Ubi Connect if you donīt have it, and see if you have SH5 1.2.

Good luck!

With your reply in mind, I decided to reinstall again just to be sure.

After a few tries this weekend, turns out I was missing something when updating to 1.2 (although I still don't know exactly what). On the last try, I've run the game without any mods a few patrols with no problem, then installed TWoS and now it works properly. No more CTDs when saving.

So, thank you very much, your hint was spot on! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Aktungbby 09-09-21 11:03 AM

Welcome aboard!

filip_med!:Kaleun_Salute:...after a long silent run!:up:

kikinado 09-13-21 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 1280928)
Got the new SH5 game? Is there something out of whack? A bug, some feature that's not working properly?

Post it here, not in a new thread, please.

It's pretty common for a new PC game to have some bugs and glitches, so before we have a forum full of "OMG! The so-and-so feature is broke!", if you come across any concerns, post them here. Be sure to describe the issue fully, when it occurs, and your system specs. Make sure you have the latest patch installed, too.

This thread will open 3/2.

thanks,
your friend, :salute:
Neal

Hey guys.
I have been trying to patch the game, like 30+ hours, managed one time, with I did forget which version :-(
just love the game, did grew up with SH lol
Now every time I try, I do get to the point I am clicking to patch the files, but seems every time the patching of Sh5 .exe file there is a problem.
I have a screenshot, if thats is of any use.
My AV is off, my Ubisoft is off, my Steam is off(Game is Ubisoft)
result of the patching is the game asking me for a key, which in one occasion didnt, it started without Ubisof connect, which, unfortunatelly I cant reach now.
Since I tried so many options, and countless instalations, I am in dead end :-(
I read and followed the all info possible, read the instructions at least 20 times, doing this, just not working(because, for sure, the SH5 file is not patched)
Is there any way just to download the SH5.exe file, to save me more dissapointment?
Thx a lot
:k_confused:

Atoka220 09-17-21 01:38 PM

Have anyone noticed the propellers of most ships are turning in the wrong direction?

Looking at the blades, all ships' screws turn backwards (and forwards when reversing) and this really boggles me (I'm a maximalist and notice every little detail lol) except for the subs
Can it be fixed easily or doesn't worth the trouble?

Edit: I noticed for multi prop ships that half of their props are turning correctly while the other prop's blades are facing the wrong way (since they turn the other way)

Sarge2nd11th 09-18-21 04:15 PM

Engines racing, but boat not moving

Hey folks! <S>

TWOS is totally awesome, and has literally "fixed" the once buggy SH5. I, however am having one issue with using time compression while submerged. My sub will not proceed forward, even though the throttle is at full ahead. I hear the engines, but the sub isn't moving. This occurs after coming off time compression, while still submerged, or diesels on the surface. I advance the time scale while submerged during the day if hiding near an enemy airfield, and prefer to travel/patrol at night. Anybody else familiar with this glitch?

Atoka220 09-18-21 04:41 PM

Sarge, i read somewhere if you have given the crew to bunks order, the sub will not move but the props will
You can also try reversing and see if it moves, then give an ahead order

Sarge2nd11th 09-19-21 04:17 PM

You know, I did have the Bosun order crew to bunks....that had to be it. Thanks a lot bro. :-) Lemme give 'er a try without the "crew to bunks" order. Already tried to reverse the engines....no joy there either.

Sarge2nd11th 09-19-21 08:01 PM

All is good as long as I don't have the Bosun order the off duty sailors to bunks. YAY! Thanks a bunch, Atoka! <S>:Kaleun_Applaud:

shoiga 10-09-21 01:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
German speech bug!
As you can see lower right, same voice repeating!
It happen when I change torpedo pistols and single shot/salvo.

How to fix?

Espe_131 11-04-21 01:34 PM

An interesting Bug(?)

Soooo i have asmall problem. I started a new patrol, and just outside of cuxhaven a friendly destroyer decided to sail along me. Everywhere. Its extremly annoying, because i cant get over 64x speed and he follows my every move. Not even submerging for a long time helps, hes just glued to my course. Anybody has a solution for this???

Aktungbby 11-11-21 09:40 PM

Welcome aboard.

Espe_131!:Kaleun_Salute: that is a known bug in the game.

pinner2010 11-17-21 02:43 PM

Sh5-TWOS-lading game problem

I have tried to install and get to work,TWOS on a number of occasions without success. Eventually managed this, apart from in loading up the game, where we are instructed it will take several minutes to start,due to loading game parts etc.
It has now been loading for almost 45 mins and is still doing so, somewhat worried as that is more than several minutes.

Is this normal?:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Aktungbby 11-17-21 06:20 PM

reported

:spammm: