SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [TEC] SH5.exe patches to fix bugs and add functionality (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433)

Sjizzle 03-22-16 03:55 AM

[QUOTE=Dermeister;2387164]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dermeister (Post 2386822)
Yes and yes. I disabled all my mods when I Installed the Patcher. Then I created a new campaign and skipped the tutorial and BAM! CTD. I can post the mods I intended to enable ? but at the time of the crash I had 0 mods.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
sobers no footstep sound mod SH5 V2
Deck`s awash, Bad Weather Guns V1.0
BRF 1.3 full
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator

P.S I am on version 1.2

Read here pls

Dermeister 03-22-16 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=Sjizzle;2391564]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dermeister (Post 2387164)

Read here pls

Thank you that Thread was helpfull! :)

J0313 05-04-16 05:09 PM

Maybe I'm just dense?

I am having trouble understanding and getting to function the independent engine controls. I have enabled it in the patcher and the option file editor.
I have also edited the PY script to True for the hotkey " I " by hand. Now I am not really sure how all of this works and I could'nt find anything in any read-me or by searching in the forum so could somebody please be so kind as to give me a rundown on how this works and how to implament this option. I am not having trouble with any other option or patch, just this one. I am running TWOS and that is it.

When using the option editor it would'nt allow mw to enable the hot key so I went in a manually changed it myself to true. Also In the notes for the patch it say that it can only be used via scripting. What does that mean? Also, is this a file path
Game.SubmarineCommands.ExecuteCommand( "Port_engine_only" ). Do I have to manually input this into a file?

ridley 01-11-17 09:44 AM

I have installed SH5 and updated to 1.2.

I have now installed and ran the Generic file patcher. What I cannot seem to find is a Noobs list of with patches to enable.

Any recommendations?

THEBERBSTER 01-11-17 12:00 PM

Hi ridley
This might be of some help to get you started?
Post #56 TDW’s Generic File Patcher Illustrated Settings You Can Use In Yours
Peter

bstanko6 02-28-18 07:50 AM

60 m/s wind patch question

I just enabled this patch. Haven't tried it yet, and now I read that you have to enable a file by hand? Is this true? If so what file, and how? Or did I read that wrong in TDW's patch list?

XenonSurf 02-28-18 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2543378)
I just enabled this patch. Haven't tried it yet, and now I read that you have to enable a file by hand? Is this true? If so what file, and how? Or did I read that wrong in TDW's patch list?

This patch, which short name is known as TDW Generic Patcher, is a MUST-HAVE for whatever version of SH5 you play. It will correct approx. 60 game-breaking bugs.
This patch is included in TWoS, with its newest version you don't have to bother anymore, it will be installed automatically.
And in my humble opinion, unless you are an *expert* in SH5, you should not play anything else than TWoS. For myself, I did play the vanilla game including this patch, plus other TheDarkWraith's mod series for SH5, but the playing result of such a corrected vanilla game is still *far inferior* to TWoS, especially for the in-sub visuals, unrealistic maps, stupid needed tonnage performances in your missions, reduced Automation features etc, etc. Just forget it.

That said, to answer your question: the exact HowTo for installing this patch is included in the TWoS thread, but I don't know if it's still there, because Vecko has automated the process. However read it carefully if you install by hand, and read an entire novel if you have the Steam version of the game :)
If you happen to have the Steam version of SH5, then *by all means* make a fresh install of SH5, update it to 1.2 and install the newest TWoS, you save a lot of time. In this case I also advice you to start a fresh career, do not use your old saves.

Cyborg322 02-28-18 12:58 PM

there is a similar thread to this running parallel

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....php?p=2541361

quote " I'll say once again that you guys shouldn't mess u with wind patches because game files are not optimized for them. " Vecko 14/2/2018