SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3: Where? When? What? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114690)

pocatellodave 05-16-07 04:27 PM

I join the other 230 plus people that agree there should be a 1.3 patch,and another patch if 1.3 doesn't clean up the game to what it should be.I don't mind being a beta tester,but I like to see results.
Pocatellodave

Packerfan 05-16-07 04:31 PM

I support the call for at least one more patch. This game could be really special if given the attention it and your paying customers deserve.

PackerFan

cappy70 05-16-07 04:31 PM

Patch 1.3

Regarding Neal's list :up: :up: :up:
( I just "slaughtered" about 6 merchants that stopped for a "let-us-all-stop-for-a-fishing-happening-in-the-bay")

Yes,,Patch 1.3 is must for this game to be closer to a "ready" game.

We need this Patch!!!

We don't want a :lost:

tdean001 05-16-07 04:41 PM

I want to echo the sentiments of most of the people who have posted in this thread so far. SHIV is visually fantastic, but there are a number of serious flaws that make the game a bear to play. Ubisoft has done a wonderful job producing the game, but they were probably forced to release it before the developers were entirely happy with the end-product.

Let me reiterate - I really think the developers did a great job. They should simply stomp out a few of the experience-killing bugs. As always, the mod community will do the fine tweaking to make the game more enjoyable.

Thanks Ubisoft for such a good game, just continue to support it! :up:

Tom Dean

Prof 05-16-07 04:50 PM

Adding my name to the list...

Topo65 05-16-07 04:51 PM

Please Ubi, patch it! 1.3 for this great sim!

geetrue 05-16-07 04:51 PM

Make Silent Hunter IV so good in the 1.3 patch that we don't need a 1.4 patch ...

You know how many people have moved on, because it just didn't compute
to keep playing? I bet it's over fifty percent, way over ...:yep:

Put the 1.3 patch on a new released version that includes all three patches too ...

I don't even need the box, I started throwing those things away a long time ago. :yep:

Keelbuster 05-16-07 04:53 PM

SH4 needs another patch, at the very least, and probably a lot more than that in the long run. Right now it sits among the worst rip-off/failure/squanderings in simulation gaming history. Getting burned at something so close your heart is...hard to get over. I'll skip the bulk of my usual rant and summarize by saying that I think they liquidated this wonderful title for quick earnings. They need to atone for this insult if I'm ever to consider paying for a Ubisoft game again. Among many critical bugs that keep me from playing SH4, they need to fix the chronometer. That they left that basic manual targetting feature out of the release, and both emergency patches only confirms the short-sighted weed-smoking console-gaming attitude that these jokers have towards submarine sims.

geetrue 05-16-07 04:59 PM

Now that's a little harsh keelbuster :lol:

Quote:

both emergency patches only confirms the short-sighted weed-smoking console-gaming attitude that these jokers have towards submarine sims.05-16-2007 02:51 PM

Did you mean the people that play console games or was that directed at the developers or both? :lol:

R48 05-16-07 05:06 PM

I want to add my vote for a further patch. It's so obviously needed that to neglect this is unthinkable.

CaptainHunter 05-16-07 05:18 PM

I think Neal speaks for us all.

Thanks
Neal & SUBSIM.com

shawnyp420 05-16-07 05:30 PM

yup

Jeffg 05-16-07 05:33 PM

I agree tenfold that we need a 3ed patch.I love the sim but there is to many problems left to fix and if UbiSoft would do that this could be the best sub sim ever done.
JeffG

l3th4l 05-16-07 05:34 PM

Signed. :yep:

DRS56 05-16-07 05:41 PM

Tried it again after second patch. Great looking with widescreen and AA but still not what I want. Back to GWX:)..after 3 years SH3 is still my #1 game. Thanks to all the great mods and the guys that make them.

Still hope for SH4 with some patch improvements....please Ubisoft..at least one more good one.