SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mod Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Index of Stickied topics + RA Mod Discussion here (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145517)

Kapitan 07-18-09 09:11 AM

Do you know if the interior of the udaloy has changed at all? id be intrested to see if it has.

goldorak 07-18-09 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyshman (Post 1136282)
good news everyone! (c)
wait some days, please. authors said me that new addon completely finished! next two weeks it will be uploaded to internet. finally release in first week of next month. be patient!
you may start creating new missions for off/online game!

Thats great news. :woot: :woot:

PeriscopeDepth 07-18-09 12:07 PM

Yay!

PD

Castout 07-19-09 03:08 AM

Hmm we need more missions for both SP and MP!!!

Otherwise the many new platforms will be quite useless :nope:. I look forward to the release of the upcoming RA mod! and to play a game or two with you guys here.

goldorak 07-19-09 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1136663)

Otherwise the many new platforms will be quite useless :nope:.
I look forward to the release of the upcoming RA mod! and to play a game or two with you guys here.

I'm sure people will develop new missions for SP and MP. :DL
Having 38 playable units will satisfy anyone. :03:

Castout 07-19-09 07:35 AM

Errr certainly hope so Goldorak :03:

PeriscopeDepth 07-19-09 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1136663)

Otherwise the many new platforms will be quite useless :nope:. I look forward to the release of the upcoming RA mod! and to play a game or two with you guys here.

I plan on making a few when the new release comes. I may be one of the world's worst mission designers though.

PD

LoBlo 07-19-09 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeriscopeDepth (Post 1136818)
I plan on making a few when the new release comes. I may be one of the world's worst mission designers though.

PD

One method would be to convert old missions to "player has choice of platforms" so that the old missions can be played with any of the new platforms.

Kapitan 07-19-09 02:20 PM

i may give it a go also and yeah sounds a good idea to convert other missions too

Castout 07-19-09 05:44 PM

Well the old Sub Command and HK 688 missions are already converted. As well as SC campaigns and Bill's campaign too.

But to just convert old missions means that the new platforms are still not playable. We need a wholly new missions and campaigns that make use of these new platform. I'm glad Ra is finally going to be released. Been a while.

Bill Nichols 07-19-09 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1136943)
Well the old Sub Command and HK 688 missions are already converted. As well as SC campaigns and Bill's campaign too.

I'd like to see what you did to my campaign, after the mod is released.

:ping:

:FI:Rabitski 07-19-09 09:15 PM

Any chance you could give us a list of the new platforms both playable and AI, so I have a better idea what I've been waiting for.

goldorak 07-20-09 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by :FI:Rabitski (Post 1137001)
Any chance you could give us a list of the new platforms both playable and AI, so I have a better idea what I've been waiting for.

For the playables, you'll have Type 212/A, Collins, Harushio, Trafalgar, Kilo (Russian, Cinese, Iranian), Lada, Typhoon, Virginia, Ohio, Sturgeon, Alfa, Victor 3, Oscar 2, Delta IV, Udaloy, Tu-154 Bear, Ka-27 Helix and all the other playables from default DW.
As for the AI units, well there are a lot of them so I'm not putting the list.

LoBlo 07-20-09 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1136943)

But to just convert old missions means that the new platforms are still not playable. We need a wholly new missions and campaigns that make use of these new platform. I'm glad Ra is finally going to be released. Been a while.

?

Granting platform selection to old missions means that the new platforms will be playable. However, all the AIs enemy units will be the traditional DW units. If we want to fight against these new platforms will need new missions.

Janus 07-20-09 12:58 PM

Does the RA mod have new interfaces/stations or are you stuck with the ones from the already existing platforms (so you have to use the Seawolf sonar screen for a Trfalgar for example)?