SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mod Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Index of Stickied topics + RA Mod Discussion here (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145517)

:FI:Rabitski 07-06-09 11:57 AM

I'll give it a go and get back to you.

Zander 07-06-09 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by :FI:Rabitski (Post 1129557)
I re-installed DW, patched it and installed RA, I followed all the instructions. But when I tryed to run the game the start up splash screen comes up fine, but the next screen where you can select mission editor, single mission and all that is messed up. It looks like the sceens are over laying on top of each other and the screen is flickering. I can go and pick a mission by clicking randomly around the screen put it's pure luck what I end up in, if I do so the mission itself works fine. Any ideas whats going on here? or how I can fix it?

if you're using an nvidia card allow the game to use its own aa af.
i had this problem and thai's how i fixed it.

:FI:Rabitski 07-06-09 09:32 PM

I am useing an Nvidia card, How do I allow the game to run it's own AA & AF? Sorry for such a Nube question but I have never had to do this before.

Zander 07-06-09 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by :FI:Rabitski (Post 1129982)
I am useing an Nvidia card, How do I allow the game to run it's own AA & AF? Sorry for such a Nube question but I have never had to do this before.

i don't know if this is the problem, but try this before you do a reinstall

right click the "nvidia setting" icon on the taskbar, and left click on "nvidia control panel" on the popup context menu. on the panel under "3dsettings" left click on "manage 3dsettings" on the right side of this panel look under [1]"global setting" there is a drop down "preset"
[2] "program settings" the drop down is "select a program to customize"
here look for "dangerous waters" or "ra" or "alfa" and check that application controlled is set for aniso and antialias.

if you're using nhancer you can set both of these from nhancer instead.

nhancer here http://www.nhancer.com/
nhancer support here http://forum.nhancer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

as i said it worked for me. however i do everything thru' nhancer and i don't bother with the nvidia setting control panel.

maybe someone else more knowlegable can be of more help.

i think nvidia ships with some presets, but nhancer is good at configuring and overiding presets.
if you've never used it read up on it first.
DONT MAKE CHANGES under GLOBAL.
Create individual profiles and make your changes there.
Of couse create a restore point first.
And please dont change anything until you know what will happen and of course you are responsible for anything you do to your computer.

ps. what you want to do is let nhancer tell windows to let program "DW" run the way it wants to.{APPLICATION CONTROLLED} you can change stuff after/if you get it to run.

:FI:Rabitski 07-07-09 07:13 AM

It was the Nvidia settings all along, I got it working last night and I tweek it later today, but that seemed to be the problem. Also got the Tigerfish to fire, it didn't do anything but at least it didn't vanish right after launch. Again guys thanks for all your help.

Fleet Command CC 07-07-09 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by :FI:Rabitski (Post 1130153)
It was the Nvidia settings all along, I got it working last night and I tweek it later today, but that seemed to be the problem. Also got the Tigerfish to fire, it didn't do anything but at least it didn't vanish right after launch. Again guys thanks for all your help.

:FI:Rabitski

Oh right so it was the Nvidia setting, I didn't no about that, but I'm glad you've got the RA Mod working now niceone. :salute:

Deisel Submarine 07-07-09 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleet Command CC (Post 1129640)
Hello Deisel Submarine

I've ask CrazyIvan when the new mod will be available and he said,

so it shouldn't to long lets hope. :salute:

:salute:Thats realy good news i hope its soon as well im realy looking forward to this mod. Thanks for the Up date Fleet Command CC:yeah:

Castout 07-08-09 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deisel Submarine (Post 1129211)
:)Thanks very much for your reply Everyone its a shame that Ra mod is for Personel Use hopefuly they will come out with a better one some time soon.:)

unfortuantly that is the same Ra mod ive been using but thanks any way Fleet Command CC for the download links.:salute:

what is for personal use is the beta meant for play testing :03:.

I hope I can sink some of the guys here with RA mod installed:yep:

Fleet Command CC 07-08-09 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deisel Submarine (Post 1130273)
:salute:Thats realy good news i hope its soon as well im realy looking forward to this mod. Thanks for the Up date Fleet Command CC:yeah:

Deisel Submarine

No probs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1130607)
what is for personal use is the beta meant for play testing :03:.

I hope I can sink some of the guys here with RA mod installed:yep:

Castout

Aren't you forgetting we might sink you first. :D:yeah::D:yeah::salute:

LoBlo 07-09-09 09:02 AM

One thing that I don't like about the beta is that a torpedo travelling 40 knots can *passively* home a sub going 10 knots. Seems senosr washout would prevent a torp moving that fast to home on a SSN/SSK passively.

Castout 07-16-09 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleet Command CC (Post 1131036)
Deisel Submarine
Castout

Aren't you forgetting we might sink you first. :D:yeah::D:yeah::salute:

I will cover my PC tower with blanket, turn off the speakers and hold my breath while playing. So it will be real quiet :O:

PeriscopeDepth 07-17-09 01:53 PM

Any progress reports? Release by the end of July maybe?

PD

Fleet Command CC 07-17-09 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castout (Post 1135074)
I will cover my PC tower with blanket, turn off the speakers and hold my breath while playing. So it will be real quiet :O:

Hey Castout.

Now that is going to make it harder to find you. :arrgh!::D:yeah:

Great fun this is niceone ship mate. :salute::salute:

Fleet Command CC 07-17-09 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeriscopeDepth (Post 1135915)
Any progress reports? Release by the end of July maybe?

PD

PeriscopeDepth

I haven't hear anything yet, seem very quiet on the RA forum too. :salute:

dyshman 07-18-09 09:07 AM

good news everyone! (c)
wait some days, please. authors said me that new addon completely finished! next two weeks it will be uploaded to internet. finally release in first week of next month. be patient!
you may start creating new missions for off/online game!