SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   The all purpose terrorism thread featuring plenty of allah akbar (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222852)

Betonov 11-28-15 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2361959)
I would like the jury to note that I am aware of events in Colorado, but for the sake of sanity of certain members of this board I am refraining from making a comment on it. Just in case someone decides to mention that I've not made a note of it.

Ende

The incident where people who's religion, that is not islam, is against abortions and they choose to make a political statement and instill fear for acheiving a certain goal, which is the definition of terrorism, but it wasn't terrorism becasue the religion of the perpetraitors was not islam.
That incident ??

u crank 11-28-15 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2361959)
I would like the jury to note that I am aware of events in Colorado, but for the sake of sanity of certain members of this board I am refraining from making a comment on it. Just in case someone decides to mention that I've not made a note of it.

Ende

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betonov (Post 2361999)
The incident where people who's religion, that is not islam, is against abortions and they choose to make a political statement and instill fear for acheiving a certain goal, which is the definition of terrorism, but it wasn't terrorism becasue the religion of the perpetraitors was not islam.
That incident ??

This is domestic terrorism. Don't you know the difference? Why's everybody whispering?

Jimbuna 11-28-15 08:46 AM

I think it's called 'making a statement'.

u crank 11-28-15 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2362052)
I think it's called 'making a statement'.

:yep:

Oberon 11-30-15 10:06 PM

Back to more desert-like climes, the Iraqi army is preparing for a major offensive on Ramadi.
This is a big one, it was a major embarrassment for them to lose it back in May, so getting it back will be a much needed morale boost for the Iraqi armed forces, and if the Syrians can complete their operations in Aleppo before the year is out then 2016 will start with Daesh very much on the back foot.

ikalugin 12-01-15 09:28 AM

I think that Germany is going into this whole anti ISIS thing now, though 1200 troops is not a large commitment.

Schroeder 12-01-15 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikalugin (Post 2362767)
I think that Germany is going into this whole anti ISIS thing now, though 1200 troops is not a large commitment.

By German standards it is a large commitment. :dead:

Nippelspanner 12-01-15 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder (Post 2362771)
By German standards it is a large commitment. :dead:

This. :oops:

mapuc 12-01-15 11:34 AM

If I was Daesh, I would do anything to get Turkey and Israel directly involved in the civil war in Syria, if I should loose ground to the Syrian army and to the Iraqi army.

Markus

eddie 12-01-15 03:34 PM

Looks like we should let Iraq fight Daesh on their own. No need to send them our money, equipment or anyone to help train them. Since the shia will attack any special forces we send over there, I say the heck with them. Let them fight their own war.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...yed/ar-AAfTNvM

ikalugin 12-02-15 09:16 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SRE...ature=youtu.be

MoD briefing.

Jimbuna 12-02-15 10:34 AM

Parliament (UK) are voting this evening on whether to send extra air assets to bomb Daesh in Syria.

Oberon 12-02-15 12:42 PM

I'd be happier if we had a firmer game plan rather than relying on these magical 70,000 'moderate' fighters to run the show while we bomb from above.

Oberon 12-02-15 01:20 PM

"My Precious Turkmen!"

http://i.imgur.com/itRyznZ.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34979249

Oberon 12-02-15 02:48 PM

I am also aware of todays ongoing incident.

eddie 12-02-15 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2363143)
I am also aware of todays ongoing incident.

This a stinking joke to you Oberon?

Schroeder 12-02-15 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 2363161)

Nope, it's the reaction to some people here claiming that terror strikes are not terror strikes if they are carried out by non Muslims and should therefore not be in a terrorism thread, or something like that.

Oberon 12-02-15 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 2363161)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder (Post 2363164)
Nope, it's the reaction to some people here claiming that terror strikes are not terror strikes if they are carried out by non Muslims and should therefore not be in a terrorism thread, or something like that.

Pretty much, the last time some idiot with a gun shot up a church full of black people I called it terrorism, and then had to spend the next six pages defending my decision to do so. This thread was started with the 'all purpose' in order that all terrorist incidents would be placed in it, I then had to defend my decision to do this for about three pages since people were under the impression that if it wasn't done by a Muslim then it's not terrorism. Therefore, I have been acknowledging that I am aware that something has occurred, just in case someone decides to attack me on the fact that I'm not reporting on non-Muslim terrorist based incidents despite calling this a 'All purpose terrorism thread' but I am not making any comment beyond that because that will lead to people attacking me on trying to say that the event in San Bernadino is terrorism.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :yeah:

Rockstar 12-02-15 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder (Post 2363164)

Yes, but as I brought to everyones attention before, the U.S. already has lawfully defined what an act of terrorism is and certain criteria must be met for anyone to be called a terrorist. If someone wants to make up their own definition to suit their own agenda, go for it. It doesnt really matter to me one bit because their definition has nothing to do with reality.

August 12-02-15 09:25 PM

Well call it what you want but there were at least three attackers involved so this is no crazed gunman scenario. I suppose that workplace violence is still a possible motive but so far it doesn't sound like it to me. Terrorism has definitely not been ruled out yet.

The anti gun media is currently in full court press though.