SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   October 2011 New Member Sign Up (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=188354)

Fish In The Water 10-11-11 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorMark (Post 1765262)
Been playing for awhile in stock form - now ready to start slowly and try some mods. I think I will start with GFO and get my feet wet.
Thanks for all the great info and help.
This is a great game that is made better by people on this forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyingsub (Post 1765549)
Hi all. Been a member since SH2 but let my membership lapse. Happy to see the modelers have been busy and I'm enjoying several mods for Sh3. Two thumbs down to Ubisoft tho. Those bilge rats are responsible for destroying computer gaming and should be torpedoed on sight:arrgh!:

Welcome to you both! :sunny:

Magic1111 10-12-11 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oakdesign (Post 1765095)
Hello all, after beeing away from the ocean quite a while i'm back giving sh5 a try

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailorMark (Post 1765262)
Been playing for awhile in stock form - now ready to start slowly and try some mods. I think I will start with GFO and get my feet wet.
Thanks for all the great info and help.
This is a great game that is made better by people on this forum.

:salute::salute::salute:Welcome aboard!!!:salute::salute::salute:

Pickles 10-12-11 05:52 AM

Hi subsimmers,

I'm trying out SH5 after a few years away from sub sims. Played a lot of SH3 a while back, mostly with the GWX mod, which was great fun. Even though I'd read that SH5 was somewhat buggy and a disappointment to some people, I saw that you chaps had built some great mods, so thought I would give it a go!

After reading a bit on the forums, have been playing with Magnum Opus plus the TheDarkWraith's updated mods, which have transformed my experience in the game, so thank for that TDW and to all who contributed. From some more reading, I've discovered the Open Horizons mod, so looks like I'll be starting a new campaign (again). Hopefully this one will have more realistic tonnage targets in it?

Magic1111 10-12-11 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickles (Post 1765758)
Hi subsimmers,

I'm trying out SH5 after a few years away from sub sims. Played a lot of SH3 a while back, mostly with the GWX mod, which was great fun. Even though I'd read that SH5 was somewhat buggy and a disappointment to some people, I saw that you chaps had built some great mods, so thought I would give it a go!

After reading a bit on the forums, have been playing with Magnum Opus plus the TheDarkWraith's updated mods, which have transformed my experience in the game, so thank for that TDW and to all who contributed. From some more reading, I've discovered the Open Horizons mod, so looks like I'll be starting a new campaign (again). Hopefully this one will have more realistic tonnage targets in it?

:salute::salute::salute:Welcome aboard!!!:salute::salute::salute:

Fish In The Water 10-12-11 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickles (Post 1765758)
Hi subsimmers,

I'm trying out SH5 after a few years away from sub sims. Played a lot of SH3 a while back, mostly with the GWX mod, which was great fun.

Welcome back Pickles, hope you enjoy the site! :sunny:

Reece 10-12-11 07:03 AM

Welcome to Subsim Pickles!:yep:

Jimbuna 10-12-11 07:27 AM

Welcome Aboard Pickles :sunny:

hwhoffman 10-12-11 10:19 AM

New member BS

"Hello!" I've been playing SH 2, III and IV for years and have used Subsim.com and had a password for years, and now I can't download more than 1 file per day after I sign in? Guys, please fix this!!!

Somewhat irked,

Henry

Fish In The Water 10-12-11 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwhoffman (Post 1765892)
"Hello!" I've been playing SH 2, III and IV for years and have used Subsim.com and had a password for years, and now I can't download more than 1 file per day after I sign in? Guys, please fix this!!!

Somewhat irked,

Henry

No need to be 'irked,' an hour or two after you post and your troubles should be gone.

Welcome aboard Henry! :sunny:

Jimbuna 10-12-11 12:27 PM

Welcome Henry :salute:

Reece 10-12-11 05:42 PM

Welcome to Subsim Henry!

fhg1893 10-12-11 06:33 PM

Hello all. I know this community has been around for a long time. I just started on Silent Hunter IV a few months back, it being my first real experience with a subsim.

I got Silent Hunter V on a Steam sale, and read on here that Silent Hunter IV was much better and got that as well. Now I'm eying Silent Hunter III. Looks like I'm obsessed! :D

I've been liking TMO, but having seen what Op Monsun has to offer, I'm going to have to give that a shot.

Reece 10-12-11 06:46 PM

Welcome to Subsim, my personal favorite is SHIII, I have all versions from 2 to 5, if you buy SHIII then this is a must::yep:
http://www.thegreywolves.com/gwx3/

fhg1893 10-12-11 06:51 PM

I've heard about GWX3, and I have to admit, it's seriously tempting me to spend the $10.00.

Reece 10-12-11 07:29 PM

You won't be disappointed!:up: