SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [TEC] SH5.exe patches to fix bugs and add functionality (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433)

mia389 08-29-11 12:05 AM

0rpheus just beat me to it :O: If you dont see the exe you will have to find it. My exe is in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5

pythos 08-29-11 12:17 AM

THank you.

Now to see if my operator can do his job. LOL

tkripta 09-03-11 02:17 PM

Brought the steam version of game without knowing this bug... man! that sucks!
Great archive with normal version, gratz man

0rpheus 09-03-11 05:20 PM

Asking here because it seems more appropriate - I can't find an option to do it in the exe patcher, but is it possible to change the colour of the warship sonar line in the TAI, like it is with the ruler etc?

TheDarkWraith 09-03-11 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0rpheus (Post 1742120)
Asking here because it seems more appropriate - I can't find an option to do it in the exe patcher, but is it possible to change the colour of the warship sonar line in the TAI, like it is with the ruler etc?

that one should be much easier to change as it's a file: \data\Menu\Gui\ContLine.dds :up: Be warned that it's used for other things than just the sonar line

0rpheus 09-03-11 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1742157)
that one should be much easier to change as it's a file: \data\Menu\Gui\ContLine.dds :up: Be warned that it's used for other things than just the sonar line

Hmm, like what? All I want is to make them more visible in deeper ocean (the blues are almost the same)... but not if it's gonna bork something else! :D

Lasnud 09-05-11 12:29 PM

Thanks TDW amazing job!!!! :yeah:

Magic1111 09-05-11 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lasnud (Post 1743048)
Thanks TDW amazing job!!!! :yeah:

:salute::salute::salute:Welcome aboard !!!:salute::salute::salute:

mrwayne 09-21-11 12:09 PM

Have you found a solutin for the steam version? Or i must buy a nonsteamversion?=(

bobgold 09-30-11 03:54 AM

really wish I had known about this before I bought the game on steam...

TheDarkWraith 09-30-11 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrwayne (Post 1753584)
Have you found a solutin for the steam version? Or i must buy a nonsteamversion?=(

from post #1:

For Steam versions of the SH5.exe:
Unable to provide solution to Steam users. The steam sh5.exe uses a form of self-modifying code copy protection that 'unpacks' the code when the executable is run. This form isn't impossible to read and decipher it just takes longer and quite frankly the reward to time relationship isn't worth it for me (not to mention that I can't run the .exe since I don't own the steam version of the game - I own the boxed version of the game). Sorry all. This is one reason why I never buy Steam based games unless I have to.

mobucks 09-30-11 09:56 AM

Don't sweat it too much Bob, many of us got along fine before these .exe patches came along. If you play map contacts on, the blue/black lines on the map render the hydro fix redundant, and if you play realism, you'll be using your ears more than your eyes, which seems more realistic anyway. As for the changing of line colors, one way to get around that is to look for map mods that change the colors of the map seawater, making the default grey lines you draw much easier to see.

Lonelywolfmother 10-01-11 11:32 AM

Is this compatible with stock 1.2 version?

Thanks.

Trevally. 10-01-11 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonelywolfmother (Post 1758766)
Is this compatible with stock 1.2 version?

Thanks.

Yes:up:

Lonelywolfmother 10-01-11 12:07 PM

Yay thank you!:salute: