SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270)

Rockin Robbins 09-25-16 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReallyDedPoet (Post 2437071)
Nice thread :up:

Thank you RDP. It's been a fun thread to be part of. The modding part sure gets sticky sometimes though! Yikes! The things we've found!

Jeff-Groves 09-25-16 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7rikeback (Post 2437106)
Thanks Jeff-Groves,

I'm Learning something new every day with this project..

Going to check out Museum.cfg now.:salute:

I can teach you something everyday if you want.
:D

Heck. I'm still learning new things after all these years!
:o

s7rikeback 09-25-16 03:49 PM

RE-run

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2437112)
I can teach you something everyday if you want.
:D

Heck. I'm still learning new things after all these years!
:o

As per our chat last night - I'm now inserting the roster & sea folders into the stock game to see if this makes any difference.:o

At this time, the only mod I cannot run in any shape or form is FOTRSU.:06:

cdrsubron7 09-25-16 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 2437107)
Thank you RDP. It's been a fun thread to be part of. The modding part sure gets sticky sometimes though! Yikes! The things we've found!

Hey boss. What are you still doing with the old sig for FOTRSU in your posts? :O:

Jeff-Groves 09-25-16 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7rikeback (Post 2437115)
As per our chat last night - I'm now inserting the roster & sea folders into the stock game to see if this makes any difference.:o

At this time, the only mod I cannot run in any shape or form is FOTRSU.:06:

I tried just the 24 suspect Ships and got nothing but CTD in Museum.
I'm checking them one by one and making sure they are stable in the stock Game first.
A Stable Museum means a Stable Game!

Using a special converter ? I've found one unit that still gives me a headache even going back to the original SH3 version!

I may need to whip out other programs.
:hmmm:

propbeanie 09-25-16 05:19 PM

... And I'm finding issues in the 1941 Campaign layer... What do you suppose would happen if you found "stuck" ships? I looking at 3 sets of Merchants vessels that hung near Bornea, another near Formosa, and a 3rd one in the middle of the ocean. Each year's set builds on the previous, I'm almost certain... I wish the ME player would let you "see" what the contents of the RGG are... Later, gotta go gotta go...

cdrsubron7 09-25-16 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2437144)
... And I'm finding issues in the 1941 Campaign layer... What do you suppose would happen if you found "stuck" ships? I looking at 3 sets of Merchants vessels that hung near Bornea, another near Formosa, and a 3rd one in the middle of the ocean. Each year's set builds on the previous, I'm almost certain... I wish the ME player would let you "see" what the contents of the RGG are... Later, gotta go gotta go...

Ah, but the ME does, my friend. I hope got this right.

Open up the ME to any of the mission files, open it in the ME, left click on one of the RGGs, then right click and you'll see a pop-up window to your left. Look for the line that says "Define Group Contents"

http://i64.tinypic.com/1zh2o7d.jpg

Left click on the line "Define Group Contents" and you'll see this.

http://i66.tinypic.com/xnyws5.jpg

Now you can look at the group contents. :yeah:

Rockin Robbins 09-25-16 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 (Post 2437119)
Hey boss. What are you still doing with the old sig for FOTRSU in your posts? :O:

I'm just a bit slow. I wonder if we're ready to go ahead and publish v0.26. I'm going to say yes, because this other troubleshooting deserves a version all by itself.

Working on the siggy now!

propbeanie 09-25-16 07:22 PM

Thanks cdrsubron7, that does work good. :up: I was trying to look at their contents as they are "running" in the player though. If I "Pause" the play, I can look at the properties page for the group, or for a waypoint, but not the contents while it's playing. If I "Stop" the player, I can look at the groups "scheduled" contents, but not what was actually "in play" at the time of trouble. Oh well. We'll have to do LOTS of "testing". Darn the luck, but someone's gotta do it.

I did discover one thing though, and the RGGs that were "stuck" - there was actually four of them, once I zoomed in closer on them, two in one "harbor" from the same RGG. What I found were six waypoints in the three RGG definitions (two each) that were set to a speed of 0.000001 knots. That would explain an apparent lack of movement. I've set them all to a "1" (one) knot setting for a minimum, and when I just ran it again, all ships were back at "home port" by April 15th, 1942, just in time for taxes... Thank God for the 010 editor's Find / Replace... Now, if I was just a little better at the Find... has anyone seen my reading glasses?...:doh:

Rockin Robbins 09-25-16 07:40 PM

And you can link to the siggy using this post:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...psf7dpn78k.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...psf7dpn78k.jpg

propbeanie 09-25-16 09:16 PM

There is another little test MIS file in the Google Drive for the CTD Team to try, in file Test42aSubHunters.7z, which should be JSGME ready for quick bailing-out if necessary. Navigate to the WIP folder, then the Campaign Files folder. I also moved the other Campaign files over there cdrsubron7.

The new one works OK on my machine, but the RGG don't come out often enough for my "tastes". I'll fix that later. This is the 42aSubHunter.mis layer in the Campaign, so you'd have to go out between March 1, 1942 and August 2, 1942, and see if you see what was Duci's harbor guards out there in a lot of the ports under Japanese control during that time period. You will also find five normal RGG SubHunters, four of which are around the Japanese islands. There is also the "Test Bed MAD" between Formosa and China, which all it is for now is one RGG SubHunter, and one RGG Float Plane. Nothing is set above competent (that I remember - ooops! Maybe Duci's dudes are... so be careful there).

As a side note, there are issues with the Campaign files in the previous posting of the 41CampaignChanged stuff, but I'm halfway through an update on that.

Rockin Robbins 09-26-16 08:26 AM

Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v0.26 Beta EN is released as closed beta in the Area 51 black hole!

Changelog:
  • FOTRSU 0.26 Cat Ship Roster Fix
  • F01 to FLG Flag Fix
  • New title screen
  • Entered JP Old Medium Tanker, JP Medium Cooler and JP Heavyloadfreighter to Roster folder.
  • FOTRSU v.26 Beta Update applied
  • AFB_p38j_shp.dss removed (duplicate with upper case P)
  • FOTRSU Patrol Objectives Overhaul
Not necessarily in that order! Enjoy folks. Next Beta is intended to go public with all the campaign fixes being worked on now and the remaining Jeff-Groves ship fixes. And, of course, CapnScurvy is still teaking! It will take as much time as it takes.

We will release no supermod before its time.....

Navigator857 09-26-16 09:32 AM

AWESOME SAUCE!!! :Kaleun_Applaud:

cdrsubron7 09-26-16 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 2437224)
Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v0.26 Beta EN is released as closed beta in the Area 51 black hole!

Changelog:
  • FOTRSU 0.26 Cat Ship Roster Fix
  • F01 to FLG Flag Fix
  • New title screen
  • Entered JP Old Medium Tanker, JP Medium Cooler and JP Heavyloadfreighter to Roster folder.
  • FOTRSU v.26 Beta Update applied
  • AFB_p38j_shp.dss removed (duplicate with upper case P)
  • FOTRSU Patrol Objectives Overhaul
Not necessarily in that order! Enjoy folks. Next Beta is intended to go public with all the campaign fixes being worked on now and the remaining Jeff-Groves ship fixes. And, of course, CapnScurvy is still teaking! It will take as much time as it takes.

We will release no supermod before its time.....

D/ling now.

cdrsubron7 09-26-16 09:42 AM

He, boss

With everything else that has been going on over the past few days the work on the special missions files has been forgotten about momentarily. Want me to go ahead and work up a JSGME ready mod for testing?