SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [WIP] Wolves of the Kaiser:1914-1918 Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156161)

Schnee 12-01-18 04:04 PM

This is awesome and just us know if you need any support.

Jeff-Groves 12-02-18 04:39 PM

You may want to review some info I posted about the stock SH4 animations.
They can be edited to create new animations in the SH4 format.
You'll need a GOOD hex editor like 010 but it can be done!
As far as I can find? I am the only one who has ever played with them!
:03:

zzztentacion 12-07-18 05:39 PM

does anyone have the download link for this mod?

propbeanie 12-07-18 05:59 PM

It is not released just yet. IABL is sure pulling the anticipation, eh? He is being thorough with this mod. There's just something about the ships from that era of steam, eh? Stay tuned for further developments! :salute:

iambecomelife 12-07-18 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2579870)
You may want to review some info I posted about the stock SH4 animations.
They can be edited to create new animations in the SH4 format.
You'll need a GOOD hex editor like 010 but it can be done!
As far as I can find? I am the only one who has ever played with them!
:03:

Will do! Although it may be over my head....unfortunately I am not all that bright when it comes to hex & other things; in many ways I am an amateur modder. Still worth a College Try!

To all, I regret how much time this mod has taken, but please rest assured that behind the scenes I am working hard - every time I get home from work I am modeling or writing text files!

The good news is that I now have a new job where I get a lot more vacation time & overtime; I now have a great work life balance. For you guys, that means more time spent modding next year, as I accumulate vacation, and a faster release.

iambecomelife 12-07-18 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnee (Post 2579717)
This is awesome and just us know if you need any support.

Thanks. As for support, I mostly work alone, but I would welcome people who are skilled independent modders; to be honest I do not have time to train anyone. My rules are simple:

1) -No fictitious, incomplete, or post WWI warships. I don't care how much you like "HMS Hood" or "Mackensen"; they will NOT be in WOTK. End of discussion.

2) -No content theft, from me or other modders

3) (this is key): Absolutely no harping on your own country's units. Period. Like it or not, this mod will mainly cover the British & German Empires. Be prepared to work on British/German ships. A few other major WWI naval powers like France, USA, Italy, Austria, etc are also OK. But neutral/tiny countries? No. I am tired of how mods for other games devolve into Nationalistic chest-beating "why aren't [my country's] soldiers/ships included? They're the best evaah! Waaah! :wah::wah::wah:"

4) -Common units strongly preferred as opposed to rare ones ( a few exceptions, like maybe "RMS Olympic" or "Seydlitz" etc)

5) -Reasonable workmanship. If you have doubts about your 3d modeling abilities, fine - there are other things I can put you to work doing.

zzztentacion 12-08-18 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2580696)
It is not released just yet. IABL is sure pulling the anticipation, eh? He is being thorough with this mod. There's just something about the ships from that era of steam, eh? Stay tuned for further developments! :salute:

oh okay thanks!

iambecomelife 12-10-18 09:07 AM

Adm. Gerlach, please check your email. You should have all screenshots except those of "Von der Tann"; I will be sending you screenshots of her ASAP. Thanks again!

cobalt 12-13-18 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iambecomelife (Post 2580738)
Thanks. As for support, I mostly work alone, but I would welcome people who are skilled independent modders; to be honest I do not have time to train anyone. My rules are simple:

1) -No fictitious, incomplete, or post WWI warships. I don't care how much you like "HMS Hood" or "Mackensen"; they will NOT be in WOTK. End of discussion.

2) -No content theft, from me or other modders

3) (this is key): Absolutely no harping on your own country's units. Period. Like it or not, this mod will mainly cover the British & German Empires. Be prepared to work on British/German ships. A few other major WWI naval powers like France, USA, Italy, Austria, etc are also OK. But neutral/tiny countries? No. I am tired of how mods for other games devolve into Nationalistic chest-beating "why aren't [my country's] soldiers/ships included? They're the best evaah! Waaah! :wah::wah::wah:"

4) -Common units strongly preferred as opposed to rare ones ( a few exceptions, like maybe "RMS Olympic" or "Seydlitz" etc)

5) -Reasonable workmanship. If you have doubts about your 3d modeling abilities, fine - there are other things I can put you to work doing.

You sound like a real pleasure to be around.

Jimbuna 12-14-18 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobalt (Post 2581515)

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm or rudeness?

Care to elaborate?

iambecomelife 12-17-18 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobalt (Post 2581515)

An ignorant comment. Content theft and occasional rudeness have, in fact, been problems .... I saw one of my ships for sale on a payware site. And as for rudeness? cobalt's post speaks for itself. Thanks to the many other contributors who have offered great advice & help.

iambecomelife 12-17-18 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2581557)
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm or rudeness?

Care to elaborate?

Thanks, Jim. Please keep an eye out so he doesn't keep derailing the thread. To everyone else, screenshots of large surface units are being shared with the mod's main backer. I hope to have them compiled into a Christmas update for the Facebook page.

propbeanie 12-17-18 09:02 PM

:salute: iambecomelife, Thank you, good sir! As Jimbuna so eloquently has said before:

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

I like that. Most of us understand your approach to this also, and I'd like to thank you for that. :salute:

iambecomelife 12-19-18 02:48 PM

A large update covering the Royal Navy has been posted on Facebook. Enjoy various pics of surface ships including Cruisers and DDs. Adm. Gerlach, thank you for your latest message, I will be in touch soon.

Schnee 12-22-18 03:23 PM

What pictures do you need? My modding skills suck but my research skills are good....what pictures or types of pic would be useful for which fleet?