SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Fifi Enhancements for NYGM (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=249060)

fitzcarraldo 03-01-24 11:39 AM

:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Applaud:

Many thanks

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

FUBAR295 03-01-24 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2904448)
Year 42 & 43 done :yeah:
Starting 44 to end now.

:Kaleun_Salute:

:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Kal_Maximus_U669 03-02-24 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2904448)
Year 42 & 43 done :yeah:
Starting 44 to end now.

Number of Beauforts has been reduced :up:

Hey Masters Fifi :Kaleun_Cheers:
I tell myself that the imminent release smells good... how good ..:yeah:
Fifi, I love it when you come and give us this kind of news..It's really nice...Because the news in the world....is really rotten at the moment..
I pity our friend Alex lol...:yep:

Tabris 03-03-24 01:43 PM

after finally making just the right tiny change to the .dat file, I finally got the radar to work on the Type XXI. This, in combination with other changes, means the boat is fully functional and playable with the sole exception of the slow surfacing issue (solved by blowing ballast) I know nobody plays this type but me :03: but if there's any interest now or later, I can upload the modified file.

Silentmauri89 03-05-24 04:39 AM

Please Upload the radar fix

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabris (Post 2904745)
after finally making just the right tiny change to the .dat file, I finally got the radar to work on the Type XXI. This, in combination with other changes, means the boat is fully functional and playable with the sole exception of the slow surfacing issue (solved by blowing ballast) I know nobody plays this type but me :03: but if there's any interest now or later, I can upload the modified file.

Please, upload it. I love to play with the XXI uboat. Thank you:Kaleun_Salute:

Fifi 03-05-24 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 (Post 2904606)
I tell myself that the imminent release smells good...

Imminent, imminent not really … well yet… still lot of work to correct all those random units :yep:
And after, I have the SCR file to check too :timeout:
Each unit one by one… manually editing … have to check all the unit waypoints path … many errors giving plenty units crashing into islands or coasts… hence never seen in high seas! :yep:
Not to say about wrong dates, or wrong sides! (Found plenty Germans side 1 !)
Very time consuming.
8 hours by days, each days… even sundays… wife is VERY patient :D

PS: all units will have now latest equipment available at the travel date… that was not the case … at all!!
(Ie, none unit could have the Hhog in career, any date!)

FUBAR295 03-05-24 02:35 PM

Glad your wife is understanding :D.... otherwise we would be running in the dark. :yep:

Sounds like you have correct many possible issue and things not working as they should. :up:

Kudos to you!:salute:

Mister_M 03-06-24 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2905007)
Not to say about wrong dates, or wrong sides! (Found plenty Germans side 1 !)

Are you sure that it leads to a CTD? I would guess SH3 will correct this automatically when loading a campaign.

Tabris 03-06-24 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silentmauri89 (Post 2904928)
Please, upload it. I love to play with the XXI uboat. Thank you:Kaleun_Salute:

Rather than take up space in the sticky, I've posted a new thread dedicated to the subject, and you can find the link there :salute:

- Tabris

Fifi 03-07-24 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_M (Post 2905049)
Are you sure that it leads to a CTD? I would guess SH3 will correct this automatically when loading a campaign.

Wrong dates could bring CTD yes. If you spawn a ship whose appearance date is later… or inverse :03:

Wrong side will not bring CTD, but quite annoying gameplay speaking …

I even found nations that are not compatible in same convoy :)
No CTD either here, but some unwanted action for sure inside the rows!
That will be corrected anyway.

Back to work :ping:

Fifi 03-09-24 05:19 AM

Still correcting RND file :yep:

Convoys around England very close to coasts, could not work correctly due to incorrect waypoints radius (again)…
Now, I think (well, I’m sure in fact) they will travel without beaching from start to end :ping:
Corrected the row spacing too (of all game convoys) so they can spawn correctly everywhere without touching coasts…
The demanding of wide spacing of 1000m cannot work everywhere :yep: so they are not ALL 1000m spaced!

Also found dozens of double random groups :doh: … so I changed them for new units & path, to populate others planet parts :up:

Back to work :ping:

FUBAR295 03-09-24 10:07 AM

Thanks for the update! :Kaleun_Salute:

Fifi 03-09-24 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUBAR295 (Post 2905424)
Thanks for the update! :Kaleun_Salute:

De nada my friend :)

About the incorrect waypoints radius making ships collide coast… I believe that as long as the ship (or convoy) has not reached the last waypoint (ship will beach and stay there) game will not spawn new units at group starting point! Hence quite important that path must be smooth and correct :yep:

Fifi 03-12-24 06:09 AM

:hmmm: Don’t know who made NYGM units path waypoints, but there are so many errors :o
Plenty units couldn’t sail very far from start, when the loop=-1 and loop probability=0 (or 25)…
That’s gonna be an other game can tell you!

torpille 03-12-24 06:21 AM

nygm

hello Fifi,

Could other mods have the same problems?

:D:D